Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
got gold status from priority club platinum.

Took a few days to respond but it was Easter weekend
so very reasonable.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Quick Gold Elite comp

Got Gold Elite by sending a scanned Hilton Hhonors diamond card to clubcarlson(at)carlson.com - they upgraded the account in a little over 3 hours from the UK office. Well done and just in time for a stay in two days.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
How long does it take to get the status match with Club Carlson. I sent them my SPG platinum Elite & Priority Club Platinum Elite statements a little over a week ago.I live in US if that matters.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I signed up for Club Carlson last Thursday using promo code NSB2K90 (2000 bonus points on next stay within 90 days of signup). On Friday I sent an email to clubcarlson(at)carlson.com with a status match request to Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, attaching a screenshot of my Hyatt account. This evening, I received a match to Carlson Silver status. BTW, my status with Hyatt is based on my Continental Presidential Plus credit card benefit... I stay at Hyatt maybe once a year.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
They offer me Gold to match my MR Gold and A-club Plat. All they need is my membership numbers.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:57 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
CC have just matched my HH Diamond with CC Gold. This is very disappointing (though not suprising reading the above). There is no lounge access or free breakfast with CC Gold. My company's decision to drop the Basel Hilton from its list of approved hotels will cost money (breakfast) but may be good for my liver, as I always drank my corner in the lounge (often with guests).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I signed up a couple of days ago for Club Carlson, I have some stays were I would like to book Radisson properties (Edinburgh looks nice). I am a plat with Priorty Club, with 22 stays this year so far, but I have not heard back from them yet.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I did my first ever status match request with Club Carlson back in April. I threw at them HY and HH Diamond, and got sent back CC Gold. But since CC Concierge level doesn't have that great of an advantage over Gold (except free breakfast), and I'm basically interested in the Weekend Extender program, I'm OK with that. I'm currently on my 6th stay (10th night) since joining, and have 2 upcoming stays (6 nights) in the next 2 weeks, so it looks like I'll be able to re-qualify (on merit) for Gold next year.

However, the best part (for me) is that my first 5 stays (8 nights) earned me enough points to have redeemed 2 separate free night stays, as well as my unused "Stay twice/1 free night" certificate. All on about $420 worth of spend. So that amounts to 11 nights total for about $420 ($38 per night). Is that considered good??
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:28 am

I got a prospect in one of Radissons about Carlson Club and it is stated in this prospect, that gold members are also entitled for a welcome gift. Is it a mistake or what?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike-88
I got a prospect in one of Radissons about Carlson Club and it is stated in this prospect, that gold members are also entitled for a welcome gift. Is it a mistake or what?
No. But it's usually nothing more than a bottle of mineral water. Sometimes it's also accompanied with a small fruit plate in my instances. Note: I've only stayed at their properties in Europe, so i have no idea what applies in N.A., S.A., or Asia.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike-88
No. But it's usually nothing more than a bottle of mineral water. Sometimes it's also accompanied with a small fruit plate in my instances. Note: I've only stayed at their properties in Europe, so I have no idea what applies in N.A., S.A., or Asia.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: LH SEN
I got CC Silver for SPG Gold recently.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
No. But it's usually nothing more than a bottle of mineral water. Sometimes it's also accompanied with a small fruit plate in my instances. Note: I've only stayed at their properties in Europe, so I have no idea what applies in N.A., S.A., or Asia.
It's only ONE bottle of water (which might be as small as 200ml) even if it's a double room. They honour what they claim. The only real benefit of the gold status is the 2-for-1 or 4-for-2 nights which is by the way a great perk even when compared to RA or Sheraton Plat.
Apart from that it is as useless (or useful) as PC Platinum.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by serkan
It's only ONE bottle of water (which might be as small as 200ml) even if it's a double room. They honour what they claim. The only real benefit of the gold status is the 2-for-1 or 4-for-2 nights which is by the way a great perk even when compared to RA or Sheraton Plat.
Apart from that it is as useless (or useful) as PC Platinum.
Forgive my ignorance but can you elaborate on these 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 benefits that you're referring to? I am not familiar with either of these nor can I find any information on the CC website.

TIA
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Forgive my ignorance but can you elaborate on these 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 benefits that you're referring to? I am not familiar with either of these nor can I find any information on the CC website.

TIA
When doing a booking on their website (for a European, M.E., or Asian (?) property), enter in the promo code field RSGP1P1 (for a 2 night stay), or RSGP2P2 (for a 4 night stay), and it will show which properties are offering that special rate.

Regarding the rules:

For a 2 night saty, it can be ThFr, FrSa, or SaSu only. And you pay the rate for the first night, and the second night is free.

For a 4 night stay, it can be WeThFrSa, or ThFrSaSu only. And you pay the rates for the first 2 nights, and the 3rd and 4th nights are free.

Also, if a hotel is not available on the dates you selected, there is a small calendar icon to click on (where it tells you the rate program is not available in red letters) that will display which dates (by arrival date) in which the rate program is available. I've used this Gold and Concierge elite benefit a lot; and it really is the only reason why I'm sticking with this less-than-stellar frequent stay program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.