Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by pm6163
emailed last night to [email protected] with a prinout of my HHonors Diamond account, status match approved this morning, Gold Elite shown on my profile, that was quick.
Told two colleagues abouut this - one Marriott Plat, the other HHonors Diamond. Each received Radisson Gold Elite in approximately 1 day after sending the e-mail with screenshots from their other accounts. Just wish their internet system for recording points, bonuses, etc. was quite as efficient!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by esteban7
Told two colleagues abouut this - one Marriott Plat, the other HHonors Diamond. Each received Radisson Gold Elite in approximately 1 day after sending the e-mail with screenshots from their other accounts. Just wish their internet system for recording points, bonuses, etc. was quite as efficient!
Do you know if this was valid through 2011?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Do you know if this was valid through 2011?
Not sure...but quite possibly. I did mine in May 2010, and it is valid thru 2/2011.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Got my silverupgrade trough the Xing Promotion and my cardīs valid trough 2/12
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by micke100
Got my silverupgrade trough the Xing Promotion and my cardīs valid trough 2/12
Thanks! I was hoping that by now they'd offer 02/12 expiry. I'll send a request in September since I have 3 stays between September and the end of next year already booked and if things work out well I might move some of my business over to Radisson.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by esteban7
Not sure...but quite possibly. I did mine in May 2010, and it is valid thru 2/2011.
Have you tried to contact them to ask for it to be extended to 2012 using the basis of 7-9 months being too short to requailfy especially when most of the travel is in the first two quarters of the year? I know some people have done that, but I don't know the outcome of those requests.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi guys,

I wonder if someone has been able to get a match from Hilton Gold to Goldpoints GOLD? If so please contact me I would truly appreciate it.

Regards
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
this is probably the easiest matched status ever. I sent in a screenshot and was matched while still on the phone, and they match anything you can think of.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:17 am

Wow, GPP is clearly very accommodating in this regard. Kudos to them!

Does anyone have experience with having their GPP status matched by any other hotel program?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:39 pm

It gets even better...

I have been GPP Gold for a few years, but for next year I won;t qualify for even silver.. So I called customer service and told them I am platinum with a few other programs. They instantly extended Gold level for another 2 years...

Very helpful program I must say.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:40 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
I had no status with Radisson a month ago, but got Silver after one stay from a targeted promo. I honestly have no hotel status anywhere, but this weekend will be my third stay at a Radisson within 30 days. After it posts, I'm going to see if they'd be willing to bump me up to gold. Radissons are a plenty in all the markets I visit, and I'll be doing more Europe travel next year, so I'm hoping they'll go for it. Will likely hit gold anyway next year, but I'd love to start off with it.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Do you know if there is a status match for Royal Ambassadors of the Intercontinental Chain to Radisson gold points?
And what status will I get? gold or silver?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by Kathabene
Do you know if there is a status match for Royal Ambassadors of the Intercontinental Chain to Radisson gold points?
And what status will I get? gold or silver?
I canīt say for sure but I vaguely remember that other posters has noted that itīs easy to get a status match. My guess is that youīd receive gold status.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:53 pm
kev

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTG, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by micke100
I canīt say for sure but I vaguely remember that other posters has noted that itīs easy to get a status match. My guess is that youīd receive gold status.
Not sure if I'd bother. I'm Gold GPP and I find whenever I've stayed at a Radisson hotel its pretty much meaningless, and is the reason why most of my business goes to SPG where possible...
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by kev
Not sure if I'd bother. I'm Gold GPP and I find whenever I've stayed at a Radisson hotel its pretty much meaningless, and is the reason why most of my business goes to SPG where possible...
Kev,

I tend to agree with you. However, the bonus % (+50% for being gold) is nice in locations where the other properties are not available or too expensive. It was nice using some points at the Radisson in NYC - while not the nicest hotel, the location is excellent. They did have a couple of very nice promotions earlier in the year which I was able to take advantage of, also. Given the ease at which it apparently is to get a 2 year extension (even though I would otherwise drop to silver next year), it can't hurt!

Esteban7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.