Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Isn't it easier to have the status changed to gold due to a ongoing promotion?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
Status matched against Priority Club Platinum in a quick turn around however they do not status match A-Club (understandable) or IHG (yes it's Priority Club!)....
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: A little bit of everything
Bmi status match question

i sent a fax to delta fr a bmi status match, does anyone know what els i should do ? how long i have to wait for a reply ?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by ace1gin
i sent a fax to delta fr a bmi status match, does anyone know what els i should do ? how long i have to wait for a reply ?
what about posting in the right forum?
here goldpoints plus is the topic
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I did a status match in late March last year. I am still gold elite as of now, does this mean my status is good till Feb 2012?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by SHRMark
Status matched against Priority Club Platinum in a quick turn around however they do not status match A-Club (understandable) or IHG (yes it's Priority Club!)....
To whom is the status match request to be sent?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
To whom is the status match request to be sent?
Go to the goldpoints website and find the contact us form. Send them your request and ask them what supporting documents they require.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by Bagehot
What do you think the chances are to be matched to Gold with a HH, MR and Aclub Gold?

I'm thinking of doing it anyway but would prefer avoiding to waste the opportunity if there's no chance now. I'm already silver with them

Thanks!
I have just been given silver as a status match to HH Gold. ^ Not too sure its that great, but worth sending the email.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I e-mailed them about a status match and got sent back a response that said they match top tier with top tier, and mid tier with mid tier. I'm wondering if that means Gold status or the new elite top level in the new program. I'm going to wait until the new program comes into effect (since it's supposedly days away). I'm HY Diamond as well as HH Diamond, so I know that I'll at least end up with Gold status... but here's hoping . And for those elites out there, I'm not looking to poach your upgrades, but the 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 weekend rates are too good to pass up; assuming they will be part of the new program.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I e-mailed them about a status match and got sent back a response that said they match top tier with top tier, and mid tier with mid tier. I'm wondering if that means Gold status or the new elite top level in the new program. I'm going to wait until the new program comes into effect (since it's supposedly days away). I'm HY Diamond as well as HH Diamond, so I know that I'll at least end up with Gold status... but here's hoping . And for those elites out there, I'm not looking to poach your upgrades, but the 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 weekend rates are too good to pass up; assuming they will be part of the new program.
there is a new concierge tier
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Status Match to new Concerige level

No go for me:

Dear kaaria,

We appreciate your reply.

Unfortunately the Concierge level has to be earned with 75 nights stayed or 30 different times of checking in.

We cannot status match up to that level.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.

Lori | Member Services Representative, Carlson Hotels Worldwide

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: meh
I tried getting a status match and noted that I was and IHG Royal Ambassador, and could document my 200+ nights over the last 12 months, plus a Fairmont President's Club Platinum. I was told that they don't match with either program. I fully expected that for the Fairmont status, but figured that with 200 paid nights contributing to my RA status I might get something.

Alas, it was a no go. Guess the part of my business that I was planning on moving to a different chain won't be moving to Radisson.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by kaaria
No go for me:

Dear kaaria,

We appreciate your reply.

Unfortunately the Concierge level has to be earned with 75 nights stayed or 30 different times of checking in.

We cannot status match up to that level.

Lori | Member Services Representative, Carlson Hotels Worldwide
I received almost the same response...

Dear Silverfalls,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We will be happy to match your status with Starwood, Hyatt or Priority
club. Please provide us with a copy of a statement or card showing your
status. We do not status match with our Concierge Elite. This status
must be earned to receive concierge level benefits.

If you have further questions, please visit clubcarlson.com.

We appreciate your recent message.

Lisa | Member Services Representative, Carlson Hotels
phone 888.288.8889 | fax 402.501.9166 | [email protected]

I think its insulting to match a SPG platinum elite, Hyatt diamond elite and Priority Club platinum elite to a carlson Gold Elite.

I would rather not have any status with Carlson hotels and take my business elsewhere
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
I can see why they don't match to PC Platinum as it's too easy to earn this status. One quick trip to the PC board demonstrates how savvy customers can take advantage of their numerous points promos to boost their balances. As Plat can be achieved in five to ten stays I would exclude it from matching if it were my business. If the customer could prove that it was gained the hard way (e.g number of nights rather than points) then I'd consider it.

You can't blame them for protecting their brand and wanting to create an air of exclusivity around their top tier.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:23 pm

Got Carlson Gold status for Hyatt Diamond, but not for Hilton Gold. Only waited a few hours for response ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.