Status match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by esteban7
Kev,

I tend to agree with you. However, the bonus % (+50% for being gold) is nice in locations where the other properties are not available or too expensive. It was nice using some points at the Radisson in NYC - while not the nicest hotel, the location is excellent. They did have a couple of very nice promotions earlier in the year which I was able to take advantage of, also. Given the ease at which it apparently is to get a 2 year extension (even though I would otherwise drop to silver next year), it can't hurt!

Esteban7
How do you get a 2 year extension of the Gold status?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by esteban7

Given the ease at which it apparently is to get a 2 year extension (even though I would otherwise drop to silver next year), it can't hurt!

Esteban7
What is this 2 year extension thing? I got status matched to Radisson Gold from Marriott Platinum in July 2010. And I only have around enough stays this year to get Silver for next year (they explained that the status match was only good for the remainder of 2011 even though over half the year had passed already). What should my strategy be for retaining Gold status for next year? I wouldn't go out of my way but it would be nice to have for next year as well.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by kev
Not sure if I'd bother. I'm Gold GPP and I find whenever I've stayed at a Radisson hotel its pretty much meaningless, and is the reason why most of my business goes to SPG where possible...
I get upgraded 9 out of 10 times at NYC-area properties, including penthouse suites at the Martinique and Lexington.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:00 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Yesterday I called GP customer service about another issue, and asked about 1) being upped to gold based on my stay history since joining in October (5 stays/nights), and 2) being extended through all of 2011 as an elite (was comp'd Silver through a promo, but it's only valid until Feb 2011).

I was told no to gold (that's fine, I get it, but I figured with 5 stays within 60 days, they might be willing to fast-track me), and she did relent after initially saying no to silver for all of 2011.

I was, honestly, asking for something for free, so I appreciate it. I'm definitely in the minority in the Americas for steering my hotel business to Radisson vs. the other programs, so we'll see how 2011 goes. FWIW, I don't have status on any chain, so couldn't really do a pure status match.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
What is this 2 year extension thing? I got status matched to Radisson Gold from Marriott Platinum in July 2010. And I only have around enough stays this year to get Silver for next year (they explained that the status match was only good for the remainder of 2011 even though over half the year had passed already). What should my strategy be for retaining Gold status for next year? I wouldn't go out of my way but it would be nice to have for next year as well.
Last time I was Gold and failed to re-qualify, I got soft-landed to Silver. I'd count on the happening again at least for my circumstances.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Kathabene
Do you know if there is a status match for Royal Ambassadors of the Intercontinental Chain to Radisson gold points?
And what status will I get? gold or silver?
No level beyond Gold I'm aware of. Since you're RA Plat you'd get instant Gold. I'm new to goldpoints plus so did the status match mid year. Worth it for upgrades, points are just an extra but in 3 stays I captured 43K in points with bonuses (Including 15K bonus invite for my second stay)
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I gotta admit - getting the match was rather painless. Now to see what the program is worth.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Radisson Silver, AA, Amtrak, BA
I emailed Radisson last night about a status match with a copy of my Marriott gold account and this morning they replied with a match to silver. Nice quick turnaround!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
What do you think the chances are to be matched to Gold with a HH, MR and Aclub Gold?

I'm thinking of doing it anyway but would prefer avoiding to waste the opportunity if there's no chance now. I'm already silver with them

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by Bagehot
What do you think the chances are to be matched to Gold with a HH, MR and Aclub Gold?

I'm thinking of doing it anyway but would prefer avoiding to waste the opportunity if there's no chance now. I'm already silver with them

Thanks!
This the quote from my status match email: " The hotel programs that we match are: Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club Rewards and Starwood Prefered guest." So I guess you should be fine. Not that my current gold card has brought me anything special so far.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I was upgraded to gold elite as a status match to PC Platinum, and then given an upgraded suite last night.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
im 10/10 in getting suites. i think there are not many golds in this program. Thank you status match! the asian/europeon SAS royal/BLU's give the best service/suites
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: US CP, IHG PC Platinum Ambassador, HHonors Gold, SPG, A-Club
Status Match

Well after all the good advice on here I submitted my request to Goldpointsplus today. I will report back when I find out whether they have matched me or not.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: US CP, IHG PC Platinum Ambassador, HHonors Gold, SPG, A-Club
Thumbs up Status Match

Pretty good! 5 hours later I get a response. I am now Gold Elite and my online account shows this as well.^
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:14 pm
Suspended

You snooze You loose

I called and was told my pts for my stay of last Thurs wont post till Fri, so I didnt send in for a match. well it posted today, no big loss since it was a CI&S I lost 488 pts based on the rate and 1k for booking online (got 1k)

If I do the other for the 10k since it would mean lossing 2500 pts at a min then Id probably do a Match, although I dont see myself staying enough times to requalify and it will mean using the pts up before lossing the status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.