Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Re: Above post.

Its great that I think I have been upgraded to Goldpoints Plus Gold status (boy, what a tongue twister), but where does it show that on my account?

I've two bookings to Riga and London and want to make sure that I get the benefits.. whatever they might be!

Thx
Forget about benefits in London
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kempis
Goldpointsplus matched my status with Hilton where I am a diamond. I am very impressed since the statusmatch only took a few hours and my account already shows gold elite ^
How do you know when you have been status matched and granted Gold Elite status?

Did Goldpointsplus at carlson dot com send an email back to inform about the upgrade?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
How do you know when you have been status matched and granted Gold Elite status?

Did Goldpointsplus at carlson dot com send an email back to inform about the upgrade?
They send an email back and you can also see the status online at goldpointsplus.com on the right side of the page in the "Welcome" box/line after logging into the account.

They are very quick to handle things during the US workweek. Emails sent to them over the weekend may have to wait for a workweek day.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:10 am

other status upgrades?

didn't know you couldl do this, just sent request to match HH diamond. Do other hotel programs also match status?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Panama
didn't know you couldl do this, just sent request to match HH diamond. Do other hotel programs also match status?
Many other hotel programs do match status, while some others provide a fast-track path to comparable status level.

For example, if you are disappointed with Hilton HHonors devaluation of HHonors points, then you can fax a copy of your HHonors Diamond card and statement to Hyatt and they will grant a status match to Hyatt Diamond.

Hyatt GoldPassport is a great program and Diamond status actually means a lot more at Hyatt than it does at Hilton.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yep. Got mine upgraded to Elite Gold status after I emailed them (with screen shots of) with my SPG Plat status.
Do they want a screenshot that shows recent activity as well (I believe the SPG page had a summary there of how many stays you've had this year, how many still needed for X status, etc.)?

I got my wife SPG-Gold status via an invite (as she wasn't already registered) but of course the account will show 0 stays, 0 miles (though it is G). I assume that Radisson isn't so gullible as to match SPG-G with no activity on the account?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by aster
Do they want a screenshot that shows recent activity as well (I believe the SPG page had a summary there of how many stays you've had this year, how many still needed for X status, etc.)?

I got my wife SPG-Gold status via an invite (as she wasn't already registered) but of course the account will show 0 stays, 0 miles (though it is G). I assume that Radisson isn't so gullible as to match SPG-G with no activity on the account?
Have the wife just send in a copy of her SPG-G card to Radisson, requesting Radisson Gold, and see what happens.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
So they were kind enough to match my status - how can I see online until when my new status will be valid? Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I just sent an email from the contact us page asking for Gold Elite to match my PC Plat. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:32 pm

Would they match Marriott Gold with GP Gold or would I need Marriott Platinum ?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vilntrav
Would they match Marriott Gold with GP Gold or would I need Marriott Platinum ?
Marriott Gold -- like Marriott Platinum -- has gotten Goldpoints Plus Gold.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by attorney28
So they were kind enough to match my status - how can I see online until when my new status will be valid? Thanks.
To answer my own question - status is valid until 02/11. Interestingly, they also offer that I can make 4 members of my family Gold members.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by attorney28
To answer my own question - status is valid until 02/11. Interestingly, they also offer that I can make 4 members of my family Gold members.
Indeed, I did this for my fiancee and she now has her own gold card printed (in her name) but on my account. She thinks I'm a geek and probably won't use it but it's there anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmi goldenboy
I just sent an email from the contact us page asking for Gold Elite to match my PC Plat. I'll let you know how I get on.
Forgot to report back.

I got a reply the next day offering Gold Elite status, I just had to email a copy of my statement or card. I sent a copy of my statement and the next day I received an email confirming my status upgraded to Gold Elite. Strangely though the Goldpoints plus site reflects the status change but the Radission site still shows Silver Elite.

Great response times though, very impressed. ^
Old May 9, 2010, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
things must have changed from the spring of 2008 when I was doing a number of Radisson stays and I called the CSR's and was flat out denied any status match and that was after offering to provide documentation of MR Plat, HY Diamond and SPG Plat...

don't need it anymore but like I said things must have changed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.