Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by hbush
Very long time, several months. Don't know why. Normally you shouldn't need physical card because status data are in Carlson system available to hotel employees (just like in Hiltons).
still havent received mine and I was matched at the beginning of Nov! Oh well, 9/10 they welcome me as elite and dont need the card
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I am HHonors Gold and emailed about the status match. Email response came 1 day later saying they were upgrading my CC account to Silver. Did I get the shaft here? Seems like most of you went from Gold to Gold.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your recent message.

Thank you for participating in the Status Match Program, we have upgraded your Club Carlson account to Silver status. Please review the list of elite benefits below.

Elite Membership Benefits

Silver
25% Points Bonus
Late check out (based on availability)
Best Available Room in the category booked Special Points plus cash offers Priority full- service Member Services telephone number
- In Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you'll also enjoy the following Elite membership benefits:
10% off weekend rates
Double occupancy for a single rate

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:52 pm

I submitted a copy of my gold HHonors and got CC Silver until March 2013. But I was only on CC Red before with only a couple of stays with any Club Carlson hotel in the last 12 months.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Gafias
I submitted a copy of my gold HHonors and got CC Silver until March 2013. But I was only on CC Red before with only a couple of stays with any Club Carlson hotel in the last 12 months.
This might be the case, as I just signed up for CC a few months before and haven't had a stay yet. Maybe people that got CC gold already had some status or history of stays with CC.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
This might be the case, as I just signed up for CC a few months before and haven't had a stay yet. Maybe people that got CC gold already had some status or history of stays with CC.
You have to actually go HHonors Gold-> PC Platinum-> CC Gold route. I was given silver first but then I got PC Platinum and got gold through feb 2013 then.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
You have to actually go HHonors Gold-> PC Platinum-> CC Gold route. I was given silver first but then I got PC Platinum and got gold through feb 2013 then.
I agree, but shouldn't the caveat be added that you need to consider the consequences of the PC path - e.g., that it may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing - especially a concern if it will be difficult to maintain all the elite statuses (-i) in the same year?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
I agree, but shouldn't the caveat be added that you need to consider the consequences of the PC path - e.g., that it may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing - especially a concern if it will be difficult to maintain all the elite statuses (-i) in the same year?
I agree, try to get status matched only if you can maintain it, unless soemthing like HHonors Gold/accor platinum offers come up :-)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
I agree, try to get status matched only if you can maintain it, unless soemthing like HHonors Gold/accor platinum offers come up :-)
I disagree. I'll take whatever status matches I can get now, enjoy them and see what doors open for me in the future.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
How long does it take to receive a card anyway? Not tat I really need it for anything, just curious.
Just a follow up: had my silver card in the mail last weekend (not sure when it arrived though, I have not been home but at Club Carlson properties the two weeks before )
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
CC is tricky. After my Silver Elite status match, and with the triple points promo, I find myself booking their hotels more and more, even if it means that I have to stay at a Country Inn near the airport. Combined with the 50,000 point promo, I've gotten 9 quality hotels for personal trips on points alone.

Hyatt, you are on notice.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by DjRashonal
still havent received mine and I was matched at the beginning of Nov! Oh well, 9/10 they welcome me as elite and dont need the card
Just got my gold card!

And in regards to going from HH Gold to CC Silver, thats bananas. I signed up an hour before I emailed requesting a status match and was instantly changed to CC gold. I'd say call or email in and try to find out if they can bump you up.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
How long is it good for?

Originally Posted by DjRashonal
Just got my gold card!

And in regards to going from HH Gold to CC Silver, thats bananas. I signed up an hour before I emailed requesting a status match and was instantly changed to CC gold. I'd say call or email in and try to find out if they can bump you up.
Any idea how long the status match is good for. I got mt gold about a week ago, and hope it's not just 90 days. I have a big Radisson Blu stay in May.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Any idea how long the status match is good for. I got mt gold about a week ago, and hope it's not just 90 days.
I received Club Carlson Gold card (real plastic thing) in February 2012 as Status match to Hilton HHonors Diamond. I was already CC Silver before that.

Much to my surprise my CC Gold card tells "Status valid trough 02/14" Nice
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Emailed Club Carlson a copy of my SPG account statement that showed 109 stays last year on 12th and received a reply back on 14th. Seems that they don't match higher than Gold.

Is interesting to see how their properties compare to Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental, Marriott, and SPG. Just had a stay at the Radisson Blu Denarau and wasn't too satisfied.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Does anyone know if they'll status match again if I've been matched before?

I did not stay at the hotels through the year and only did so at the end of the year. Now it looks like I will be a regular stayer...

I dropped to Silver on March 1st ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.