Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Does anyone know if they'll status match again if I've been matched before?
my colleague of work did a status match to gold about 3 years ago (with goldpointsplus). first he got downgraded to silver, the next year he loose completly his status with club carlson.
then he called cs for ask another statusmatch and the cs agent told him that it was a one-time exeption that they does a status match. maybe in the future there will be a chance of upgrading, but only if he need only 2 or 3 stays more to pass from silver to gold, but whis only 4 nights in one year there is no possibility ..
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Today I got my very first status match, PC-Plat to CC-Gold. I'm staying in a Radisson Blu in Paris this summer. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of an upgrade?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
... Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of an upgrade?
make a request by email to the hotel and ask which kind of status recognation they offer to gold members, as you are willing to stay at their property in the next future (or even provide just the booking reference...)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Today I got my very first status match, PC-Plat to CC-Gold. I'm staying in a Radisson Blu in Paris this summer. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of an upgrade?
Can you tell me how long it's valid? (I wonder if March 2014 was a mistake.)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by petzpanz
Can you tell me how long it's valid? (I wonder if March 2014 was a mistake.)
Good until February 28, 2013. I applied on March 3rd and got an answer on March 5th.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Good until February 28, 2013. I applied on March 3rd and got an answer on March 5th.
Thanks! That's what I figured..
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
I e-mailed them to rquest a status match to my Hilton Gold status and they matched me to Silver Elite. Better then nothing I guess. Didn't want to appear greedy so haven't questioned by it's only Silver and not Gold status.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
PC Platinum RA to Concierge

Got matched from PC Platinum RA to Concierge. It's all on how you ask... opened a CC account made the first reservation, then wrote a nice e-mail asking the match to Concierge based on my frequent business traveler profile and dispointment with IHG, sent it with the attached statement from PC RA. Got a reply with approval after 3-4 business days.

This is really nice because IHG just decided to downgrade me to Ambassador (RA status not renewd), their loss…

Good luck
p
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Plancktos
Got matched from PC Platinum RA to Concierge. It's all on how you ask... opened a CC account made the first reservation, then wrote a nice e-mail asking the match to Concierge based on my frequent business traveler profile and dispointment with IHG, sent it with the attached statement from PC RA. Got a reply with approval after 3-4 business days.

This is really nice because IHG just decided to downgrade me to Ambassador (RA status not renewd), their loss…

Good luck
p
Interesting..usually they don't match to Concierge. Good job! ^
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Etch
I e-mailed them to rquest a status match to my Hilton Gold status and they matched me to Silver Elite. Better then nothing I guess. Didn't want to appear greedy so haven't questioned by it's only Silver and not Gold status.
I got Gold for Gold. You should definitely question them.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by blackmamba
I got Gold for Gold. You should definitely question them.
I've sent them a reply asking them to explain why I was matched to Silver and not Gold, given that I am aware of others being matched to Gold. Will just have to see what response I get.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:06 pm

I just got matched to Club Carlson Gold from Le Club Accor Platinum
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Etch
I did my status match a couple of months ago. Same thing: they only matched my HH Gold to CC Silver. I haven't stayed at a Radisson since.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Has anyone status matched with CC more than once?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 8, 2012, 1:51 pm

I was already CC Silver when I asked status match to HH Gold, or Accor club Platinum (both free online), and they matched me to.... SILVER, which I already am

I was not happy

plus, my last 2 stays at Radisson (after the big night 50K bonus, which I got upgraded in DC) got no upgrades AT ALL, at average hotels (Toronto East and YVR airport), really? nothing better?

was gonna avoid Radisson... but now they offer big night again, I'll get my points first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.