Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I was already CC Silver when I asked status match to HH Gold, or Accor club Platinum (both free online), and they matched me to.... SILVER, which I already am

I was not happy

plus, my last 2 stays at Radisson (after the big night 50K bonus, which I got upgraded in DC) got no upgrades AT ALL, at average hotels (Toronto East and YVR airport), really? nothing better?

was gonna avoid Radisson... but now they offer big night again, I'll get my points first
My wife got a Hilton Gold to Gold a while ago and got a really great upgrade on our one reward night so far. This time I'm asking a match to Concierge from Marriott Plat... can't hurt.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I am debating whether to go for the status match now in anticipation of the 50k promo or wait until I plan to actually use the points to stay in Italy and Israel in 2014. If I match now, I would probably get Gold based on PC PLT but lose the chance to have status for the major trip I am saving up for. Then again, if I am using points instead of paying, maybe the status wouldn't matter anyway?
Old May 11, 2012, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
I am debating whether to go for the status match now in anticipation of the 50k promo or wait until I plan to actually use the points to stay in Italy and Israel in 2014. If I match now, I would probably get Gold based on PC PLT but lose the chance to have status for the major trip I am saving up for. Then again, if I am using points instead of paying, maybe the status wouldn't matter anyway?

I would wait for my trip to status match. Even though you'll be using points, there's a good chance you'll get upgraded or get some benefits based on your status, even on a reward points stay. I was upgraded a few times on my points stay when I was a Gold.

The only thing you'll miss out now is the additional bonus points (Gold 2000 booking bonus + stay bonus) during your 50K stay.
Old May 11, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Maybe I could just target a match to Silver which gives the same 2000 booking bonus if I give them my BW or Accor Platinum? And hold off on the Gold status match until the trip? Has anyone ever gotten a Gold status match after a Silver one has expired and gone back to the regular status?
Old May 12, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
It looks like the consensus here is that it's once-in-a-lifetime, and they match for 1 year to Feb 28th. I wonder if I wait to status match until July 2012 if they'd match to Feb 28th, 2014?

I've emailed them to ask....
Old May 12, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Miles and More
My wife just got matched till Feb.13. I think one of the key benefits of CC Gold is their "weekend extenders" rate. We are going to use them for our promo stays.
Old May 12, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Does a Marriott platinum and IHG Royal Ambassador equals CC gold or concierge? The reason I ask is that MR platinum gives access to concierge level and the lounge which has free breakfast and alcoholic drinks which is not provided in CC gold.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
There's no status match to Concierge.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hmm.. Thanks.. The 30 points per $ is good enough I guess.
Old May 14, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by bworrell
It looks like the consensus here is that it's once-in-a-lifetime, and they match for 1 year to Feb 28th. I wonder if I wait to status match until July 2012 if they'd match to Feb 28th, 2014?

I've emailed them to ask....
Unless something has changed the status match will be only til the beginning of the following year regardless of when during the year is submitted. I status matched at the end of July 2010 to Gold (from Marriott Plat) and was dropped down to Silver in April 2011, then to no status in 2012. So you may want to do it now (or in January for next year).
Old May 14, 2012, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
I just got matched to Club Carlson Gold from Le Club Accor Platinum
You get both Le Club Platinum & Club Carlson Gold status from AMEX Plat, renewed automatically each year along as you still hold the AMEX card. No need to status match.
Old May 14, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by oxfordjames
You get both Le Club Platinum & Club Carlson Gold status from AMEX Plat, renewed automatically each year along as you still hold the AMEX card. No need to status match.
How do you go about getting Club Carlson Gold status from AMEX plat? I did a google search and found links for signing up if you're in other countries but nothing for the USA.
Old May 14, 2012, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
how do i do that, i have platinum card too, and would like to know that?
Old May 14, 2012, 7:09 pm

How long does it take for status matching request

I sent in a status match request last Thursday thru email to '[email protected]'. Haven't heard anything at all. Is that normal? do they acknowledge receipt at all? how long does it usually take?

thanks
Old May 14, 2012, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by FTfan2010
I sent in a status match request last Thursday thru email to '[email protected]'. Haven't heard anything at all. Is that normal? do they acknowledge receipt at all? how long does it usually take?

thanks
It took them 4 business days to process my request-I'm sure the weekend came into play here, but you should hear from them within a day or two.

Yes, they do email you back confirming the match request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.