Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:17 am
  #271  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by kapsshah42
I have tried it.You need to first acknowledge the changes and then you are allowed to select new dates without any cost if seats are available in same class.
I accepted changes and have no possibility to rebook. I guess there is this 14-days waiting period.
vladko is offline  
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:51 pm
  #272  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 50
I did the changes immidiately.Infact this strategy was suggested by the call centre staff and it went on pretty well.
kapsshah42 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:16 pm
  #273  
pxm
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HNL
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by rajivghandi767
Try twitter if you have an account. I have been able to reach them via their twitter. They may take hours or even days to respond but they eventually do and everything is in writing so no need to repeat yourself.

If using twitter, provide the booking reference, both names on the reservation, email and phone number on the reservation and the date you purchased the original
​​ticket. Also add the suggested new itinerary if you have already looked it up. This will save you a lot of time.

I don't think there is any harm in acknowledging the changes and then attempting to change the flight. The conditions of the ticket provide for unlimited free changes. However it's up to you what you are comfortable with.
Thank you for your suggestion. I sent them a PM via Twitter with a suggested new itinerary and they responded with an e-mail that contained the new itinerary in less than 24 hours. The Qatar Airways Twitter Team is awesome and quick to respond.
pxm is offline  
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:31 pm
  #274  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Phx, AZ
Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Posts: 664
Weird, I send them a message on twitter and was told to contact the call center.


Update: was able to called and changed the flights to a different date. And now I can change the flight and destination again once the tickets get "reactivated" again since it's flexible ticket.

Last edited by flyer89; Oct 7, 2020 at 1:38 pm
flyer89 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:31 am
  #275  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 6
anyone else have experience using the code?
p3rsian is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:56 am
  #276  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by p3rsian
anyone else have experience using the code?
Do you mean using the code to book or the check in procedure?
Brendan88 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:06 am
  #277  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 473
Any updates on how to get the 50% discount vouchers for the duty free? I couldn't find them in my reservation!!
good_boy_1234 is offline  
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:33 pm
  #278  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
So I received a "Flight cancellation" email from Qatar for my flights (actually about a month ago, but didn't notice it).

It has a bunch of clickable options, including changing destination to Maldives/Cebu/Zanzibar/Seychelles, "Hold on to your ticket," "Exchange for future travel," "Swap for QMiles," and "Refund your ticket."

I am specifically interested in/intrigued by the "Hold on to your ticket" option, which states "Keep your ticket and use it when you are ready with our extended ticket validity, now valid for two years from the date of ticket issuance for greater flexibility."

Any idea how this works with with our tickets, given that they are tied to a promo that is supposed to only work for travel until 3/31/2021?

Thanks!
savemone is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:52 pm
  #279  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 473
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Any updates on how to get the 50% discount vouchers for the duty free? I couldn't find them in my reservation!!
Up!
good_boy_1234 is offline  
Old Oct 27, 2020, 4:54 am
  #280  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Up!
Had the same issue. Was told by GoingPlacesTogether that I should contact e-commerce support through the contact page on the QR website.
I did not do that yet as I do not expect to make use of the flights unless the time frame is extended due to the current travel restrictions and pregnancy of my wife (the healthcare worker).
Brendan88 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:57 am
  #281  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by savemone
So I received a "Flight cancellation" email from Qatar for my flights (actually about a month ago, but didn't notice it).

It has a bunch of clickable options, including changing destination to Maldives/Cebu/Zanzibar/Seychelles, "Hold on to your ticket," "Exchange for future travel," "Swap for QMiles," and "Refund your ticket."

I am specifically interested in/intrigued by the "Hold on to your ticket" option, which states "Keep your ticket and use it when you are ready with our extended ticket validity, now valid for two years from the date of ticket issuance for greater flexibility."

Any idea how this works with with our tickets, given that they are tied to a promo that is supposed to only work for travel until 3/31/2021?

Thanks!
By anyy chance did you go ahead and make the changes?What is the procedure and what is the extension time limit the airline gives?
kapsshah42 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:45 pm
  #282  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 50
Has anyone got a cancellation of flight notice from qatar airways as received by savemone.If yes i have 2 queries

On the extension of flights to new dates if there is any fare difference or black out dates or is it available for all dates and till which date can it be extended.Also about destination change is it allowing to change to any destination or the same or nearby airports which you already have booked.And if we select new destination does it have to be travelled till 31 March 2021 (original deadline for flying as per the promotion ) or even that is extendable for further period like option 1.
kapsshah42 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:42 am
  #283  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by kapsshah42
Has anyone got a cancellation of flight notice from qatar airways as received by savemone.If yes i have 2 queries

On the extension of flights to new dates if there is any fare difference or black out dates or is it available for all dates and till which date can it be extended.Also about destination change is it allowing to change to any destination or the same or nearby airports which you already have booked.And if we select new destination does it have to be travelled till 31 March 2021 (original deadline for flying as per the promotion ) or even that is extendable for further period like option 1.
I never got that email, just an email that there has been a schedule change (flights are now 24 hours later). I spoke to QR on the phone, only possibilities are to travel on dates before 31 March 2021. I have left it for the time being on the same dates and will call them again 3 days prior to current scheduled departure to see if the conditions have changed.

FYI only had to wait 2 minutes on the phone to speak to someone.
Brendan88 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:09 pm
  #284  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Brendan88
I never got that email, just an email that there has been a schedule change (flights are now 24 hours later). I spoke to QR on the phone, only possibilities are to travel on dates before 31 March 2021. I have left it for the time being on the same dates and will call them again 3 days prior to current scheduled departure to see if the conditions have changed.

FYI only had to wait 2 minutes on the phone to speak to someone.
In your case the flight timing is changed.My query is regarding if the flight is cancelled for a longer period or if qatar airways has yet to start operations on particular route.
kapsshah42 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:56 pm
  #285  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by kapsshah42
In your case the flight timing is changed.My query is regarding if the flight is cancelled for a longer period or if qatar airways has yet to start operations on particular route.
Yes I understand it is different, but I thought I might give you my experience on my flight which was technically cancelled. I have not yet accepted the automatic rebooking to a days later flight. But no one else is sharing their experience, thats why I shared mine.
Why dont you call them, you can simply ask for advice and rebook later. Please do share if you contact QR.
Brendan88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.