Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Ok but what if your departure or destination is Europe and your flight is cancelled, then EC261 kicks in: “later rerouting, at the passenger's convenience, to the same destination under comparable conditions (subject to seat availability)”

Can QR limit that to 10 December 2020? I don’t think they are allowed to.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Basanez
This is my suspicion as well. At best, monetary value means whatever amount was actually paid for taxes/fees.
I understand what you saying and I think that this is bending QR’s world to there advantage what they will likely do. Unless your lucky with the phone agent.
But then what is the difference between option 1 and 2?
I see it as 1 is holding you from and to and option 2 is holding your value to also be able to change the from and to.

FYI My flight has not yet been cancelled but I expect it to be and if that happens then I want to postpone a year and otherwise I will credit the value of taxes as I want be going on holidays before 10 Dec.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brendan88
Ok but what if your departure or destination is Europe and your flight is cancelled, then EC261 kicks in: “later rerouting, at the passenger's convenience, to the same destination under comparable conditions (subject to seat availability)”

"...except when the cancellation occurs in extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken."
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
On a side note, this may be interesting for someone. The thing is that my wife will likely switch a job (employer - new place of work, id, etc.) so I asked QR how will they handle this situation. This is their response:

Once her new employee ID is available, please share a clear image of it with us alongside the following information so we can have her details updated:
-name of the passenger
-email address and contact number added on the booking
-date of ticket purchase
-form of payment
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:39 pm

Can anyone find out if with qatar if their flight is cancelled whether they can select a new flight for 2021 in 2020 itself without having to pay anything extra?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:13 am

Wondering how many Tickets (from 100k) are REALLY used, lol.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Brendan88

I don't think EC261 kicks in for our tickets. EC261 is only applicable for tickets with fares open to the general public. Our tickets are free - so EC261 definitely won't help us.
Furthermore, Qatar is a non-EU airline so only the flight from Europe to somewhere would be under EC261. The flight back to Europe is never under EC261.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 5:48 pm

Has somebody already flew using this promo?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:38 am

I’ll probably be unable to fly my original routing due to covid restrictions. So today I called to change the booking to a destination that I’d be able to fly even through the covid pandemic. Had to speak with them 4 times until I actually got all the info.

First thing they see is that this is the promo for healthcare workers. In the past they never saw or mention anything. Then they looked at the 5,000 mile requirement. My new destination was ~5200 so it was no go. They can’t override it. The system does everything. I asked to change it to US-DOH, since I can get very cheap tickets from DOH-new destination. They’re not allowed to do that since you cannot enter Qatar unless you live there/are a citizen. I’d only be able to do that as part of a complete itinerary sold by them. Which I didn’t of course.

And most importantly. I have another family member with a code that hasn’t been used. So I asked for it so I could search availability. When I first called I was shocked that my available flights were really not available, I was being quoted almost a grand to change. I ended up talking quite a bit with this gentleman, and he explained that my itinerary had segments in O class and W class. He proceeded to give me the booking class segment by segment. And then explained me that free change only applies if I’m able to find availability on the same class for each segment. So yeah ... not complaining since tickets were “free”, but might do a charge back for the small portion of taxes if I can’t use them. I guess I still have to thank QR for even offering this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 4:54 am

anyone know how the duty free promotion would work ? Do I need to go get a voucher or once when the boarding pass is scanned at the duty free the discount is applied?

As a further gesture of appreciation, healthcare professionals will be offered additionally a voucher with 35% discount to redeem at Qatar Duty Free retail outlets at the airline’s state-of-the-art hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Doha, valid for use up to 31 December 2020.**
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Basanez
I’ll probably be unable to fly my original routing due to covid restrictions. So today I called to change the booking to a destination that I’d be able to fly even through the covid pandemic. Had to speak with them 4 times until I actually got all the info.

First thing they see is that this is the promo for healthcare workers. In the past they never saw or mention anything. Then they looked at the 5,000 mile requirement. My new destination was ~5200 so it was no go. They can’t override it. The system does everything. I asked to change it to US-DOH, since I can get very cheap tickets from DOH-new destination. They’re not allowed to do that since you cannot enter Qatar unless you live there/are a citizen. I’d only be able to do that as part of a complete itinerary sold by them. Which I didn’t of course.

And most importantly. I have another family member with a code that hasn’t been used. So I asked for it so I could search availability. When I first called I was shocked that my available flights were really not available, I was being quoted almost a grand to change. I ended up talking quite a bit with this gentleman, and he explained that my itinerary had segments in O class and W class. He proceeded to give me the booking class segment by segment. And then explained me that free change only applies if I’m able to find availability on the same class for each segment. So yeah ... not complaining since tickets were “free”, but might do a charge back for the small portion of taxes if I can’t use them. I guess I still have to thank QR for even offering this.
are you sure? Healthcare promo used to allow free change to destination and dates free...I was even able to do it online. So don’t know what glitch was it or is happening now
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:37 pm

You might also be able to cancel and then book you new fights with your promo code. Some have not been able to see fares with the promo code after making a booking. But my promo code still works after making a booking. I dont know if yours does as well? Otherwise you could ask if they can cancel your ticket and reactivate the code.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:12 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by p3rsian
anyone know how the duty free promotion would work ? Do I need to go get a voucher or once when the boarding pass is scanned at the duty free the discount is applied?

As a further gesture of appreciation, healthcare professionals will be offered additionally a voucher with 35% discount to redeem at Qatar Duty Free retail outlets at the airline’s state-of-the-art hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Doha, valid for use up to 31 December 2020.**
Upon making your reservation using our medics campaign promo code, a link will be available on the booking confirmation page to download your PDF voucher, containing details on how to redeem your discount at Qatar Duty Free.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Upon making your reservation using our medics campaign promo code, a link will be available on the booking confirmation page to download your PDF voucher, containing details on how to redeem your discount at Qatar Duty Free.
Thanks.

Can you tell us if there are plan's to make a change regarding the restrictions of the date ? (10th december 2020)

Destinations are currently very rare :/
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
I am unable to find out this link on MMB with the PNR or on the email confirmation received after booking. Can you assist further with this issue? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.