FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2017506-100-000-free-flights-healthcare-professionals-ends-17th-may-2020-a.html)

msm2000uk May 11, 2020 8:44 am

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

More info here - https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...3302e50a180513

QR have announced a massive global giveaway which launches at 10pm tonight (Monday).

It is open to anyone who is a:
  • doctor
  • medical practitioner
  • nurse
  • paramedic
  • pharmacist
  • lab technician
  • clinical researcher
If you know anyone in any of these jobs, please forward them a link to this article.

A valid employer ID must be presented at the airport at the point of check in.
Hat tip to HfP Raffles

plunet May 11, 2020 9:08 am

Qatar will no doubt get some good publicity out of this, but this is something that will cost them real money and loss of future income (albeit at a time when few people are thinking of making any bookings) at a time when the industry is under real pressure, and hats off to them.

blackdog047 May 11, 2020 10:16 am

We live in dark times, people losing family and friends, family's worried about healthcare professionals that go to work each day.

A wonderful ideal from QatarAirways

Well done

Jed May 11, 2020 10:25 am

Taxes still payable but surcharges waived.
Economy only.
Both my wife and I are eligible for this, so we will give it a go and see what can be booked later in the year.

kanexxz May 11, 2020 11:45 am

does „additional person“ mean that this person have to work in a medical business as well? or can i (doctor) invite my wife who is not working in this business?

Jed May 11, 2020 12:17 pm

I think only the primary passenger has to be one of the listed healthcare workers. The companion doesn’t have to be.

mmdecapo May 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Am I eligible?

I can seem to determine if I'm eligible:

I have a doctorate in clinical psychology and therefore the title doctor but I'm not a physician.

I am a practitioner providing clinical services, in part, to those affected by the Covid-19 situation.

I have registration documentation showing I'm a psychologist but I no longer work for a hospital (I'm in a private clinic) so no ID card.

(They specify no photographed or printed documentation).

What do you think? I also check with the airlines but they might not respond before the tickets are gone.

Criteria below:

It is open to anyone who is a:
  • doctor
  • medical practitioner
  • nurse
  • paramedic
  • pharmacist
  • lab technician
  • clinical researcher

Jed May 11, 2020 2:28 pm

From the criteria (those responding on the front line to assist covid patients), unfortunately it doesn’t look like you would be eligible as a clinical psychologist, although

I’m sure they mean medical doctor.

Jonathan Ppang May 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Is the link working for any of you guys?

Page has yet to update with the registration section.

Concerto May 11, 2020 3:08 pm

I've got the German Qatar site up now, but I can't see where you are supposed to input your data to register. Site is crashing in England, apparenlty.

mattp1987 May 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Promo was supposed to go live 8 minutes ago, but this is what I still see on the US website.

Visit this page starting from 12 May 2020 at 00.01 Doha time (GMT +3) to register and receive your exclusive promo code.

Jed May 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Registration doesn’t appear to be up and running in the UK yet

Fly2Connect May 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Nothing here in the US

Concerto May 11, 2020 3:13 pm

It won't load up now. I guess this is going to be like getting those Qantas Golden tickets for 100 pounds round trip to London.
Nothing loads up, not even the normal landing page.

DrHalxx May 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Even tried with various VPNs, no luck