Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Old Sep 24, 20, 9:44 pm

Just received an email that my trip to Thailand has been canceled...Not good news but the funny this that the other suggested options in the email included Cebu of Philippines! The whole country of Philippines is not open for tourism yet they are suggesting this as alternative!

Any other suggestions guys? Plan to fly after thanksgiving...I am flying from the US so not many countries are allowing us...what I am looking for is nature and some beach...that's why I picked Chiang Mai and Phuket 3 days each in my original trip to have that combo...Any other alternatives and suggestions are welcomed!
Old Sep 24, 20, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Just received an email that my trip to Thailand has been canceled...Not good news but the funny this that the other suggested options in the email included Cebu of Philippines! The whole country of Philippines is not open for tourism yet they are suggesting this as alternative!

Any other suggestions guys? Plan to fly after thanksgiving...I am flying from the US so not many countries are allowing us...what I am looking for is nature and some beach...that's why I picked Chiang Mai and Phuket 3 days each in my original trip to have that combo...Any other alternatives and suggestions are welcomed!

Mombasa, Kenya is open. Zanzibar, Tanzania as well. I booked for Mombasa for November
Old Sep 27, 20, 3:05 pm
pxm

We are very grateful for the Qatar Airways recognition of healthcare professionals. Booked a return ORD - DOH - CDG in early November using the Healthcare Professional promo. Although we have EU passports, not sure, given the current COVID entry requirements, that we will be able to enter France - PCR test performed < 72 hours before departure (had planned ~ 22 hour layover in Doha). Does anyone know if we can cancel the booking and reuse the code to re-book flights in March, when, hopefully, entry requirements will have changed. TIA
Old Sep 30, 20, 9:25 am

Just had my parents fly from Canada to Pakistan using this promotion. At check-in, no one asked for any ID or anything about this promotion. However, the agent did note that there was a note on the reservation that the passenger will sick and required assistance (which was not the case), so that was strange. My guess is that the agent just wasn't familiar with this promotion or however it is tagged in the system, but went pretty smoothly overall.
Old Sep 30, 20, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by syedtaha90
Just had my parents fly from Canada to Pakistan using this promotion. At check-in, no one asked for any ID or anything about this promotion. However, the agent did note that there was a note on the reservation that the passenger will sick and required assistance (which was not the case), so that was strange. My guess is that the agent just wasn't familiar with this promotion or however it is tagged in the system, but went pretty smoothly overall.
Do you know if they were offered an upgrade prior to the date of departure? If so, how much?
Old Sep 30, 20, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by pxm
We are very grateful for the Qatar Airways recognition of healthcare professionals. Booked a return ORD - DOH - CDG in early November using the Healthcare Professional promo. Although we have EU passports, not sure, given the current COVID entry requirements, that we will be able to enter France - PCR test performed < 72 hours before departure (had planned ~ 22 hour layover in Doha). Does anyone know if we can cancel the booking and reuse the code to re-book flights in March, when, hopefully, entry requirements will have changed. TIA

​​​​You should be able to pull up the booking using the booking reference number and make changes yourself under "manage booking"
Old Sep 30, 20, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234

Tanzania and Kenya are open. I am trying to fly on Thanksgiving Day to Nairobi.
Old Sep 30, 20, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by pxm
Turkey is also an option.
Old Sep 30, 20, 10:12 am

They were - it was about 1000CAD per person.
Old Sep 30, 20, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by syedtaha90
They were - it was about 1000CAD per person.
Total offer for both legs?
Old Sep 30, 20, 11:32 am

Yessir!
Old Oct 1, 20, 9:47 am
pxm

Originally Posted by rajivghandi767
​​​​You should be able to pull up the booking using the booking reference number and make changes yourself under "manage booking"
Under manage booking, two options are given: Acknowledge Changes (flight times/dates were changed) or Request a refund. I don't want to cancel as I just want to change the dates. I also don't want to acknowledge changes. I am trying to reach Qatar customer service via telephone and I have waiting on the line for the last 45 minutes for a customer service agent.
Old Oct 1, 20, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by pxm
Under manage booking, two options are given: Acknowledge Changes (flight times/dates were changed) or Request a refund. I don't want to cancel as I just want to change the dates. I also don't want to acknowledge changes. I am trying to reach Qatar customer service via telephone and I have waiting on the line for the last 45 minutes for a customer service agent.
Try twitter if you have an account. I have been able to reach them via their twitter. They may take hours or even days to respond but they eventually do and everything is in writing so no need to repeat yourself.

If using twitter, provide the booking reference, both names on the reservation, email and phone number on the reservation and the date you purchased the original
​​ticket. Also add the suggested new itinerary if you have already looked it up. This will save you a lot of time.

I don't think there is any harm in acknowledging the changes and then attempting to change the flight. The conditions of the ticket provide for unlimited free changes. However it's up to you what you are comfortable with.
Old Oct 2, 20, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rajivghandi767
I don't think there is any harm in acknowledging the changes and then attempting to change the flight. The conditions of the ticket provide for unlimited free changes. However it's up to you what you are comfortable with.
It depends if the acknowledgement is acceptance of the flight changes proposed or just acknowledgement. In normal times clicking the acknowledgement of changes means you accept the change proposed and it eliminates a further invol modification that stems from the same change. Under current rules the difference may be limited, but you have more negotiating power if you have been subjected to what Qatar consider an invol change and have not accepted a proposed remedy by accepting the change.
Old Oct 5, 20, 8:05 am

I have tried it.You need to first acknowledge the changes and then you are allowed to select new dates without any cost if seats are available in same class.

Search this Thread