Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:04 pm

GF called today for her r/t, two legs each way. Was supposed to fly in a couple of days, but they changed all legs to "OPEN" for her. Not sure what the validity is though and her screenshot does not show, but possibly it's till the middle of May.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
GF called today for her r/t, two legs each way. Was supposed to fly in a couple of days, but they changed all legs to "OPEN" for her. Not sure what the validity is though and her screenshot does not show, but possibly it's till the middle of May.
is my understanding correct that you still have to depart on the outbound by 3/31? Or are you now able to choose outbound flights after 3/31?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:18 pm

Someone mentioned that T&C will change again, but I haven't seen any changes recently? Still haven't used my code at all, 3 days left per original T&C to make booking. How difficult would be to change it later (e.g mid February) to some other destination if I book now Germany-Maldives or something similar?

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:19 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Man3
Someone mentioned that T&C will change again, but I haven't seen any changes recently? Still haven't used my code at all, 3 days left per original T&C to make booking. How difficult would be to change it later (e.g mid February) to some other destination if I book now Germany-Maldives or something similar?

Thanks
Given the situation with COVID here in the US and ongoing uncertainty, I was hoping that they'd extend the booking deadline again as well. I have no idea how easy it will be to change destination and dates once booked, have been holding off on booking mine as well.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:07 pm

Anyone able to book anything past March 31st? I just can't get them to do it later.... Tried on Twitter and on phone. No budge. Don't I can travel since things will still be bad. Any suggestions? What is everyone doing?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:48 am

Just another anecdote here,
I was scheduled to fly on Saturday out of JFK but unfortunately my COVID test didn’t come back until 2 hours after departure (imagine that....i’ve done 1000s and mine doesn’t come back on time) But the agent changed it for me to Christmas time, and she put me in M class for free.
mvtm and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
How can i use this? Best way to use> Urgent!!

Hi guys so i have 4 Air tickets of these promotions. I have never flown Qatar airways and i don't know what i can do not to lose them or if any Qatar expert, seasoned flyertalker can really guide me how can i use these tickets soon. With the pandemic i don't want to fly right now but i would like to book it for future travel. I love cutting edge technology aircraft, always try the best experience i can possibly can in Economy, Business or First. I would like this flight to be a treat if its possible for me to actually redeem this promo before it expires. Any kind help from Qatar forum would be welcomed!!

Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:51 am

You don't mention the promotion, but from the pic I'll guess it's the one discussed here. Have a read.

mvtm likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:22 am

Guys, i just remembered that i have 4 tickets under this promotion. I just called Qatar and they tell me I must book before November 28, in Economy. Departure date can be anytime less New Year blackout dates, till maximum return of March 31. What is the best way to experience Qatar flagship products and where i can go?

I have never been to the Middle East. I am based right now in Spain, but willing to relocate to pick a nice flight. Due to the pandemic i see difficult to use this but i don't want to lose them.

I don't have much time as i have to book asap before the due date on Saturday but i will try to read the thread.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:54 pm

I have read a bit about the travel restriction and now done reading this thread. By the looks of it, it looks that my safest bet would be to travel to the Maldives, or in second stance to Seychelles. I understand that i can transit through Doha right?

The routes I am eyeing (if i find any availability) are: MAD-DOH-MLE or BCN-DOH-MLE
So a little bit about me for travel restrictions: I am an double national Italian/Venezuelan citizen with residence in Spain. If I don't find availability I could try Doha- Seychelles, though I think I have read that people coming from Spain or Spanish nationals are not accepted in SEZ? My point of origin is Spain but I hold an Italian passport so I'm not quite sure if i could enter?

Anyways, i have not search at all for availability on Qatar webpage and expertflyer nor played with the code. If they are any tips on how to check for availability that would be the most welcomed as I'm not familiar with the booking process in Qatar at all. I would be looking to fly the latest as possible, maybe late February, March. My idea is to visit the Maldives or Seychelles for a weekend, short trip and come back.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:54 pm

Booked, 5 nights in the Maldives: BCN-DOH-MLE
Last week of return possible. Never been to the Maldives, though I wanted to book Japan, Australia or Thailand but Covid restrictions are more stringent. My booking class was "W", total was 160 EUR.

Skipped the possible stopover in DOH as i understand from what i read that Qatar asks for 7 Day quarantine if you want to visit the city.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Deadline is "by 28th November" - does that mean booking today or tomorrow as last option?
Also, if booking to Asia and would like to change later using the same region / 500 mile free change rule, does the flight have to be cancelled? This would be useful of course once we know more about where can actually get into!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by justin1123
Deadline is "by 28th November" - does that mean booking today or tomorrow as last option?
Also, if booking to Asia and would like to change later using the same region / 500 mile free change rule, does the flight have to be cancelled? This would be useful of course once we know more about where can actually get into!
Yes, unless there is a future extension the deadline to use those codes are tomorrow.

Also, you are correct about the 500 mile/same region policy. You would need something involuntary to change your destination for free.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, unless there is a future extension the deadline to use those codes are tomorrow.

Also, you are correct about the 500 mile/same region policy. You would need something involuntary to change your destination for free.
Yes i booked also BCN-DOH-DPS 5 minutes before the deadline. I know Bali is closed but my idea is to do Australia and there was no availability so i just booked to Bali to see, that you can enter with a B-211 Visa if needed and then if Australia is open hop to Australia from Bali. Do you think Qatar airlines will let us change the destinations? if the covid panorama remains uncertain. Ex- if i want to change Bali destination and dates.

I know the Maldives is my sure trip, this is just an experiment.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mvtm
Yes i booked also BCN-DOH-DPS 5 minutes before the deadline. I know Bali is closed but my idea is to do Australia and there was no availability so i just booked to Bali to see, that you can enter with a B-211 Visa if needed and then if Australia is open hop to Australia from Bali. Do you think Qatar airlines will let us change the destinations? if the covid panorama remains uncertain. Ex- if i want to change Bali destination and dates.

I know the Maldives is my sure trip, this is just an experiment.
Since 1 October 2020, QR does not permit destination changes in voluntary situations. Normally, you could pay the fare difference so I don't know what would happen if you plan to pay for the difference in fare. Although, you would be able to change the dates within the same fare bucket without issues.

For involuntary situations, you would be able to change your destination within the 500 mile/same region policy but that policy would expire on 31 December 2020 so we don't know if this policy would be active or how it would be modified in 2021. Also, you could change the dates for free without fare bucket issues during an involuntary situation.

By the way, Denpasar and Maldives are in different regions ( Southeast Asia and Indian Subcontinent respectively ) so you would not be able to change DPS to MLE according to the current policy if you are seeking that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.