Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:18 pm

All,

Below is a link to a draft letter. Please circulate to as many people as possible. Once you read the letter, please click on the link to the signature page and sign that page.

Letter to QR - Healthcare Professionals Promo

Please sign the letter here: Signature page
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:23 am

Hi Again -

Not sure what is the best way to circulate this letter. If anyone has any ideas, please share :-)

To start, you can share through Twitter and Facebook. I added a link of the signature page directly in the letter so you would only need to share a link to the letter which then links to the signatures.

Here is the link to the letter:

Letter to QR - Healthcare Professionals Promo
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:26 am

The complaints in the last few posts remind me a lot of the saying "offer somebody your little finger, and they will take your whole hand". My gf got a free r/t ticket related to this, booked to come and see me, but by all means it looks like she will not be able to use it unless Qatar extends again. I think the letter linked is rude and ungrateful, and I will not be forwarding her the link to sign.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:13 am

I was booked to fly 2 x Economy tickets in August 2020 from LHR-DOH-DPS, but Qatar cancelled our flights due to coronavirus.

They allowed us to reschedule our flights for 31st March to 10th April 2021. Unfortunately, once again we received a notification a few days ago that one of our flights has been cancelled.

I spoke to Qatar on the phone a few hours ago, who allowed us to change the flight to August 2021.

They sent through the confirmation email / ticket numbers and it was showing as confirmed within our account. We then changed all our hotel dates and other reservations.

They have just got in touch to let us know that our tickets have been voided as they breach the T&C.

Do I have any legal rights under EU261 regarding this?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:25 am

Guess it's more or less okay for Qatar to want us use these tickets until March 2021. But it's absolutly bad to reschudele a flight to August 2021, confirm it und then cancel the ticket due to breach of T&C. THEY canceled many of our flights booked under this promotion and confirmed us via e-mail we could use the open ticket up to one year later. If they would always communicate March 2021 is the deadline, everything would be fine. It's unbelievable bad to change mind every few weeks. Last year I was pretty positive about Qatar Airways, this promotion, great product, etc. Meanwhile I really hate their inconsistency (same with lounge and seat selection for cheapest business fare, changing their award chart without notice etc.)
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by DomiS
Guess it's more or less okay for Qatar to want us use these tickets until March 2021. But it's absolutly bad to reschudele a flight to August 2021, confirm it und then cancel the ticket due to breach of T&C. THEY canceled many of our flights booked under this promotion and confirmed us via e-mail we could use the open ticket up to one year later. If they would always communicate March 2021 is the deadline, everything would be fine. It's unbelievable bad to change mind every few weeks. Last year I was pretty positive about Qatar Airways, this promotion, great product, etc. Meanwhile I really hate their inconsistency (same with lounge and seat selection for cheapest business fare, changing their award chart without notice etc.)
So I've escalated this as a formal complaint, as they have acknowledged they made a mistake.

Doha (local times)

17:36 - booking re-confirmed
18:45 - attempt to contact customer to notify that a mistake was made (I didn't recognize the number so didn't answer)
18:56 - flights voided (without any notification)

Fortunately, I checked the online account to look at seat reservations, so noticed the flights had disappeared so got back in touch with them.

They said when I changed my flights previously, the policy was to allow flights up until 31st December 2021, but this has since changed to 31st March 2021.

I explained that EU261 regulations are above any specific T&C of the promotion.

I'll let you know the outcome incase it helps anyone else.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sbryans605
I was booked to fly 2 x Economy tickets in August 2020 from LHR-DOH-DPS, but Qatar cancelled our flights due to coronavirus.

They allowed us to reschedule our flights for 31st March to 10th April 2021. Unfortunately, once again we received a notification a few days ago that one of our flights has been cancelled.

I spoke to Qatar on the phone a few hours ago, who allowed us to change the flight to August 2021.

They sent through the confirmation email / ticket numbers and it was showing as confirmed within our account. We then changed all our hotel dates and other reservations.

They have just got in touch to let us know that our tickets have been voided as they breach the T&C.

Do I have any legal rights under EU261 regarding this?
I would agree about the ethical part that it's not correct to accept to change the ticket to August 2021 and then cancel it.
I assume that you could get a refund of the taxes that you paid.

By the way, if I'm not wrong EC261/2004 would not apply as you were not traveling on a fare available to the general public which means that EC261/2004 does not apply. ( Article 3.3 )
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
QR has published on their website a page regarding EC261/2004.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/lega...er-rights.html
I don't see anywhere that it violates EC261.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:01 pm

The problem is not that we are asking for to much. The problem is that you are advertising giving away 100,000 flights to health care workers yet they are putting restriction's upon restrictions to not allow most of these so called "winners" to travel. Most countries are closed right now. If they can just extend the dates a couple more months, that would be a reasonable move. If not, we definitely should petition and reach out to social media to let people know of there so called "promotion." Health care appreciation?....yeah right.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Arfandada
The problem is not that we are asking for to much. The problem is that you are advertising giving away 100,000 flights to health care workers yet they are putting restriction's upon restrictions to not allow most of these so called "winners" to travel. Most countries are closed right now. If they can just extend the dates a couple more months, that would be a reasonable move. If not, we definitely should petition and reach out to social media to let people know of there so called "promotion." Health care appreciation?....yeah right.
Completely agree! This is not a situation of being "ungrateful" as one poster alleges. How can you be grateful for something you don't actually receive (and is so restricted it becomes useless)? There is nothing rude in voicing our disappointment with how this promotion was rolled out. Let's not kid ourselves--Qatar Airways also received a ton of positive press and advertising by doing this so they should really actually follow though with it reasonably.

Here it is again: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Sign and share!
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:07 pm

Has anyone managed to change their destination in the past several weeks? Outside of country of original destination?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:29 am

Yes, I did couple days ago (from Asia to Africa). It took about 2 hours on the phone as they were quoting 500 miles radius and I was insisting that the rules for this tickets are different and it states unlimited changes to ANY Qatar airways operated flight. The agent had to put me on hold several times to verify with someone but at the end I have new tickets.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: one world
I have a suggestion, create a group on facebook for the winners of this promo, and share the link in the different Qatar Airways pages, especially in the old status of the promo, because I think there are a lot of people who have not yet signed the petition document, and we must have at least 10% of the number of winners (10% of 50,000 = 5,000).
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:25 pm

I attempted tonight to change my ticket from Oman to Jordan. The first agent I spoke to refused to do anything for me until I quoted him the policies of the ticket under which we were given the healthcare promotion - at that point he told me he needed an hour to work on it and get back to me. Two hours later, no one got back to me.

Called back and spoke to another agent for about 25 min, who quoted me $750 PER TICKET to change destinations - they are charging for destination and tax change fees essentially. I told him it made no sense and disregarded their prior policy and he said it was the only option he had, and if I had further complaints to take it to QA customer relations. He also told me they will 100% not be extending the healthcare promo tickets, this has been passed down to him by a supervisor.

idk how you managed to change your flight without any fees but I'd appreciate some tips because the agent was saying he had no option other than charging me tax/fare change fees (essentially carrier fees are $400 and these were waived in our first ticket). idk what to do.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 1:39 am

Was your flight canceled?

I was basically insisting on the purchase conditions of the tickets stated in this link:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...id=EMALL142210

It clearly says: In case of involuntary flight cancellation, the passenger can rebook and change dates or destination to any Qatar Airways operated flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.