Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:27 pm

Any trick for booking? Seems there is something wrong with the booking system. Sometimes I have same date but it doesn't show the discount then when I made some changes back and forth then I see the discount on that particular date again...It's frustrating.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:50 am

To those who modified or made original booking through the phone, can you just pick a random date then let them change it over the phone to any date you want (before dec 12) or still has to be among those few dates that have the discount ?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:51 am

Upgrading

Has anyone tried calling in to see if these fares can be upgraded? Planning to book a ticket and looking into whether upgrades are possible
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Any trick for booking? Seems there is something wrong with the booking system. Sometimes I have same date but it doesn't show the discount then when I made some changes back and forth then I see the discount on that particular date again...It's frustrating.
I think the code will be removed once you change departure airport. So you have to enter it again.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:29 pm

Finally got the code after a long chain of communication...Tried testing it multiple times...price doesn't change at all...I tested Chicago to Maldives and Chicago to Capetown, tested dates were just November and price didn't change. Is there any trick or I have to do something? Am I missing something?!
Actually there is a trick. I couldn't find any date for a reduced price so I clicked "More dates" to see "15 days calendar". I found only one reduced price for inbound flight and once I selected this inbound flight some of outbound flights refreshed with a discounted fare. This way I was able to see possible combinations of dates.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:40 am

To those who modified or made original booking through the phone, can you just pick a random date then let them change it over the phone to any date you want (before dec 12) or still has to be among those few dates that have the discount ?
up
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
For the ones between us who have booked a destination in Australia, it does not look very positive: https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...1b4704832adf4b

Fingers crossed for a cancelled flight to be able to rebook to any date.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Fingers crossed for a cancelled flight to be able to rebook to any date.
Really? I have Australia booked for late november. If cancelled, can I rebook to later than dec.2020?
I just believed I have to find a new destination within the Free medic tickets time window.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:45 pm

Nobody knows at this point. We’d have to wait for the first person to take a trip and report back how the checkin process went, and once we get to November, when it seems many/most of us are traveling, to see if we can change the date after December 10. I don’t think even QR knows at this point.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:29 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There's a nice video on QRs Instagram page with some of the winners thanking QR.

Some really nice stories, and good to see healthcare professionals all over the world were winners.

M
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:09 am

I can see you a Qatar Airways representative, could you please advice how to change the ticked date as I cannot do this online and via local Australia Qatar office.
Thank you
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lanos2075
I can see you a Qatar Airways representative, could you please advice how to change the ticked date as I cannot do this online and via local Australia Qatar office.
Thank you
Whilst msm2000uk is very knowledgeable and helps manage the forum on behalf of us all, it's goingplacestogether who is the official Qatar company rep on here. Why were the Australian office unable to change the ticket? My suggestion would be to try the local office again, and if they can't help change the ticket, get a reason why this is the case. If you are on social media you can tweet them qrsupport and once you have exchanged tweets, request the change via DM, or failing that call the Doha office on +974 4022 6000
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:31 am

Anyone knows if Qatar will extent the flight-period because of the current restrictions ?

AUS will not open this year for example, which we actually booked for december :/
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:39 am

The thing that bothers me is that they can't even answer to a specific question and keep making generic statements. Regarding AUS and possiblity to change dates because of restrictions they wrote me:

Rest assured that if the same situation remains, flights affected, and travel restrictions imposed between countries, we will continue to offer alternatives and further flexibility to our passengers.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Issue with ID - Article of Loyalty Lobby

Sad and interesting to see how QR is causing issues to medics that have no ID that contains occupation and number. It seems this is a generic issue and QR is aware but not willing to help the winners
Article

Is this just a problem for German medical workers or even for winner from other countries.
Input to the comments and email to loyalty Lobby might help affected people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.