Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:05 am

Does anyone know if the deadline for booking date was also extended, or it remains the same (end of the November) if I remember correctly?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:53 am

I also have a question. When I was applying for the promo code the site was very slow and glitchy, and the codes for Americans sold out very quickly so I started playing around with the system and of course when I entered my employment country as Mexico, the system sent me the promo code. I’m debating whether I should use the code or not. On their website, it said that they would be checking employment country. Has anyone flown and can confirm this? It’s really unfortunate that I couldn’t just get a code from the US. I thought it was glitching for all countries and it was kind of a scam, but obviously i was wrong.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:01 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
All - like probably many others, I was grateful to get one of these codes, but obviously had (and still have) reservations about what to book, when. I have a few questions that I can't seem to find clear answers to:
  • it seems that the travel dates, at least, have been extended. Can anyone clarify what the official book by and travel by dates are for this promo?
  • I realize these tickets are flexible/changeable, but if I decided I don't feel comfortable traveling at all (or there are travel restrictions that preclude it), will I get a refund? Or will I have to eat the taxes? (not that the taxes are tremendously high for most destinations, just debating what to book.
  • Once I have something booked, just how flexible is it for date/destination changes? Do the original travel by restrictions on the original promo still apply? Or could I travel well into fall 2021 or later?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
All - like probably many others, I was grateful to get one of these codes, but obviously had (and still have) reservations about what to book, when. I have a few questions that I can't seem to find clear answers to:
  • it seems that the travel dates, at least, have been extended. Can anyone clarify what the official book by and travel by dates are for this promo?
Originally Posted by Man3
Does anyone know if the deadline for booking date was also extended, or it remains the same (end of the November) if I remember correctly?
The terms and conditions page was updated when the latest travel date was extended but the latest booking date has remained the same so as per the T&C it still is the end of November.

• I realize these tickets are flexible/changeable, but if I decided I don't feel comfortable traveling at all (or there are travel restrictions that preclude it), will I get a refund? Or will I have to eat the taxes? (not that the taxes are tremendously high for most destinations, just debating what to book.
Taxes are always refundable. The ticket fares are not always refundable, but in this case, there is no ticket fare.

• Once I have something booked, just how flexible is it for date/destination changes? Do the original travel by restrictions on the original promo still apply? Or could I travel well into fall 2021 or later?
Your original ticket T&C are always applicable. With a paid fair, if you have an involuntary change then you can change to different date, but this is not a paid fare so it is up to the airline. So far, I have not heard from anyone that had a involuntary reschedule and tried to change to a later date with these free tickets. Has anyone had a cancelled flight and tried to change to a date later than 31st of March 2021?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Brendan88
The terms and conditions page was updated when the latest travel date was extended but the latest booking date has remained the same so as per the T&C it still is the end of November.
Can you please post a link to the updated T&C page for this offer, can't find it on QR site?!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Man3
Can you please post a link to the updated T&C page for this offer, can't find it on QR site?!
Its in your email, the one you received the code in or here: Thank you heros
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:33 pm

Ticket is flexible and change is free only if your fare bucket stays the same. For me it's W - which is currently unavailable so I can't make a free change. Tickets are fully refundable (except no show; request using refund form on website). So far it has been only extended for SE Asia and oceania.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:39 pm

Promo code booking period: From 12 May until 28 November 2020
Travel period: 26 May to 31 March 2021 (last outbound travel)
Blackout dates apply: 16 December 2020 to 15 January 2021
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:26 am

Thanks to both!
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by xhruso00
Ticket is flexible and change is free only if your fare bucket stays the same. For me it's W - which is currently unavailable so I can't make a free change. Tickets are fully refundable (except no show; request using refund form on website). So far it has been only extended for SE Asia and oceania.
What if you cancel and rebook in again with you code, then you might be able to book in a different fare bucket. My code still works even though it has been used, if yours does too, you can search for availability.
Where does it mention SE Asia and Oceania? I am Europe based and I am able to change into March 2021.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:34 pm

My code unfortunately doesn't work anymore (booked for 2 people). Call agent told me I won't get a new code.
I might not be able to see the fares because I have open-jaw ticket.
Nevertheless, my ticket got canceled by Qatar as they shifted flights and I am offered to change it.
Also I was wrong about SE Asia limitation. It applies to whole world.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by xhruso00
Nevertheless, my ticket got canceled by Qatar as they shifted flights and I am offered to change it.
Good to here it has been solved. Did you try to move it later than March 2021? Or was this not allowed?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:46 am

So far I only asked for dates in FEB and they quoted 1 eur for date change and 20 eur for destination change. I think it was airport fees / taxes.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:49 am

Fare Class / Crediting Miles

Do all the tickets book in the W fare class? Anyone experienced otherwise?

Also, does anyone know if QR allows you to earn miles on this flight? If possible, I am planning to credit the miles to AA.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:22 am

anyone fly yet? please share their experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.