Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: QF, EK
Originally Posted by trustno1
Hi. I am making my first trip to Oz on the 09:40 departure ex SIN. Booked in Business. Booked in 19K but would have loved something more forward at the window. I took the day flight as I am interested in Physical Geography. Anyway, I am concerned that the view from my seat might be impacted by the wing. Please could anyone advise and feel free to offer up suggestions. Kind Regards.
From what I understand, they block the seats up front for QF FF's with status. Keep checking closer to your departure date to see if the seats become available.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
where do the pax de-plane from the 744?

in particular Im referring to the 744 for DFW-SYD-DFW?

Both ways I'm in the old F seats, will that put me at the back of the line for de-planing (from a premium cabin perspective)?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Since the flights are not due to start for another month there may be no experience here on QF.

Maybe you could ask the question re 747 de-planing at DFW terminal D in the Travel&Dining: Destination >> United States - South¹ forum.

¹ Relevant to Dallas/Fort Worth Queries
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
where do the pax de-plane from the 744?

in particular Im referring to the 744 for DFW-SYD-DFW?

Both ways I'm in the old F seats, will that put me at the back of the line for de-planing (from a premium cabin perspective)?
If deplaning from Door L2, yes you will be closer to the end of the queue for Business Class passengers, which you are offically one of. Door L1 will be less of an issue for Zone A pax.
IME QF do a decent job of holding pax up to allow premium pax to deplane first, so you will not need to fight through a horde of Economy pax.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
If deplaning from Door L2, yes you will be closer to the end of the queue for Business Class passengers, which you are offically one of. Door L1 will be less of an issue for Zone A pax.
IME QF do a decent job of holding pax up to allow premium pax to deplane first, so you will not need to fight through a horde of Economy pax.
thanks for the info
Old Apr 22, 2011, 1:58 pm

A380 Row 25

Would welcome opinions on row 25 on the A380. I've seen other comments about being served last when at the back but I will be ordering a special meal so not too worried about that. I only have choices from row 16 backwards so can't enjoy the smaller front cabin.

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
A330

Flying in an A330 from LAX to AUK later this year. Is there any recommendations for seats, flying out in Economy and back in Business. I'm AA gold, so One World Ruby, system seems to let me pick any seat. Any help would be appreciated for either cabin.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: QF BA Hertz
Originally Posted by Warp
Flying in an A330 from LAX to AUK.. recommendations for seats, flying out in Economy and back in Business.
Flew the Syd -AKL route of this plane a couple of weeks ago
J - row 2 or row 4 (bulk head) seem to be the best. they have two small cabins row 1-3 and 4-6 then econ. row 2 is popular but on this aircraft was a little warn. Row 6 has econ behind it with curtains dividing so may not be the best
Y - anything from 24 to 34 is fine. row 23 has less leg room due to the bulkhead. have generally tried to gte 30-34 as this is generally spread out a bit more.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Andyzx
Flew the Syd -AKL route of this plane a couple of weeks ago
J - row 2 or row 4 (bulk head) seem to be the best. they have two small cabins row 1-3 and 4-6 then econ. row 2 is popular but on this aircraft was a little warn. Row 6 has econ behind it with curtains dividing so may not be the best
Y - anything from 24 to 34 is fine. row 23 has less leg room due to the bulkhead. have generally tried to gte 30-34 as this is generally spread out a bit more.
J - Right now have seats in row 1, it looked more spacious then row 2, you really think row 2 is a better location?

Y- Right now have row 24 seats for my wife and I, they tend to be held for their platnum members, how much more room does 30-34 have?
Old May 6, 2011, 5:42 am

I'm booked to fly LHR-MEL in PE, and the QF website keeps changing its mind about letting me choose a seat in advance. When I booked back in December (on ba.com, but QF metal) I went onto the QF website and it said I couldn't choose seats until T-7.

About 10 days ago I went back on, and suddenly the button was live and it let me go in and choose my seats. Unfortunately there was little choice so I had to choose a middle seat, but I thought I would just keep checking every day in case a better seat opened up.

Today, to my surprise, I'm suddenly no longer able to select a seat. There's a box at the top saying my flight isn't eligible for advance seat selection. It's gone back to just letting me state a window/aisle preference, although the seats I chose last week are still mine. Anyone know what's going on?
Old May 6, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: QFF
Angry

The same has been happening to me for PE bookings MEL/LAX for next week. Four weeks ago I chose 38EF [exit rows on a Airbus 380] as my only options were 2 in Row 38 and 3 in Row 39. Ever since, I been checking to see if I could improve [say to 34AB or JK], but I kept getting the error message about not being able to choose seats]. Even when I rang Qantas, she couldn't check either and her supervisor said there were no other seat options [although Expert Flyer showed there were still at least 7 PE seats available]
Old May 7, 2011, 1:33 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've had several issues with seat selection in the last month or so. Couldn't select seats on domestic or internationals sectors, or getting strange error messages. According to the QF rep I spoke to the sale of advance seat selection has quite considerably affected the system, and some seat requests over the phone are taking over 30 mins.
Old May 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I'm flying QF 11/12 LAX-SYD (A380) later this week. I called to do seat selection and the agent claims that 52K is a bulkhead seat, though SeatGuru says that on the HJK side, row 51 is the bulkhead row. I tried to clarify with the agent that maybe she was misreading, that 52 DEFG is the only bulkhead section on the seat map. But she insisted again that 52K was showing as a bulkhead.

I've seen some earlier posts of discrepancy between Expertflyer/SeatGuru and the QF systems. Any idea who is right?
Old May 10, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
51H/J/K are bulkhead seats!

Last edited by serfty; May 10, 2011 at 5:12 pm
Old May 10, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
51H/J/K are bulkhead seats!
Thanks. My instinct was to trust Expertflyer. It's a shame that there's a discrepancy there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.