Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by NM
Its common for Qantas to sell Premium Economy on that route and operate with a 2-class aircraft seating PE passengers in Business Class seats with PR service.
Flying this route, sold through AS to OZFest as business class. I'll be really ticked if this is E+ service on that long of a flight. Currently in 24J and QF is being a jerk about changing seats.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by BOB W
Flying this route, sold through AS to OZFest as business class. I'll be really ticked if this is E+ service on that long of a flight. Currently in 24J and QF is being a jerk about changing seats.
What dates/flights?

Do you have you Qantas (Amadeus) booking reference. You may be able to check using www.checkmytrip.com .
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
What dates/flights?

Do you have you Qantas (Amadeus) booking reference. You may be able to check using www.checkmytrip.com .
QF16 May 17, 2011. The QF flight is super vague as to which config will be used.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:43 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
If its sold as business class, then it will be business class. But do note that there difference between PE and J service is minimal and mostly cosmetic. The biggest difference is the seat. Service differences are in different food plating (often very similar menu items), amenity kit, PJs and ground services like baggage allowance, lounge access, priority bags/check-in/boarding etc. Drinks menu is basically identical.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF16 May 17, 2011. The QF flight is super vague as to which config will be used.
Currently this flight is scheduled to be operated by the 4 class Pacific (High J) configuration 744. Zones are reallocated.

Business row 1-26, PE rows 29-35 and economy rows 36+

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...6J40PY187Y.pdf

If you are in Business Class, the Zone A "First Class" seats (Business class service) are all unallocated at this stage.

Interestingly, 24J is not allocated.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:28 pm

Today AS/QF deleted this flight for me. I guess I'd better start swimming now. AS told me there was a change at QF and they have requested that my flight be reconfirmed. It will take a week to see what happens.....

Not seeing QF being PAX friendly these days.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:37 pm

If you are in Business Class, the Zone A "First Class" seats (Business class service) are all unallocated at this stage.

Interestingly, 24J is not allocated.
That would explain why I am no longer confirmed on this flight.

Any advice on how to get into zone A once I am added back in?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would explain why I am no longer confirmed on this flight.

Any advice on how to get into zone A once I am added back in?
Call Qantas and ask nicely. Hoever, they may deny your request.

If no joy there then make the request via AS; maybe they can get some pull via your MVP status.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:28 pm

Call Qantas and ask nicely. Hoever, they may deny your request.

If no joy there then make the request via AS; maybe they can get some pull via your MVP status.
Flight is back. No bulkhead available but it's a ways out so I'm not going to push it yet. Things can change a lot on 4 months (and probably will).
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by NM
If its sold as business class, then it will be business class. But do note that there difference between PE and J service is minimal and mostly cosmetic. The biggest difference is the seat. Service differences are in different food plating (often very similar menu items), amenity kit, PJs and ground services like baggage allowance, lounge access, priority bags/check-in/boarding etc. Drinks menu is basically identical.
PJ's ! Really ?

Just booked business class ( 747 ) on Qantas ( FLT 007 ) from SYD to DFW
( using my BA miles ) one thing I noticed is no seat assigned is this normal and how can I pick a seat.

Last edited by TheMiz; Jan 25, 2011 at 9:12 am
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
I bagged this seat on SFO-SYD three class service (no F) with J service.

The F cabin is much smaller, feeling somewhat more intimate, and of course has the much greater seat pitch etc. than J (and no dreaded middle seat). The far-forward cabin is less noisy as you are as far ahead of the engines as you can get. I am 6'4" as previously stated, and I like the seat pitch (less so the "seams" left on the seat when fully extended).

The good: Intimate cabin, your own seat, no shared bits or even wall, and the seat with the greatest distance from others' seats (along with 3A). Some storage (Row 4 A and K have more storage in the bassinet area, but I watched the chap occupying that seat get bumped - both seat and feet - several times during the flight). 1A and K, BTW, are very closet-close, albeit the most private seats here - but the closet does get used, and light sleepers will undoubtedly get disturbed. Lav and galley immediately behind this forward cabin, so meal and drinks service come quickly, and you do not have far to roam to access services.

2, 3 and 4 EF are good for those flying with someone whey wish to converse with. All of these pods have guest seating for sharing meals or chat with another.

Thanks for posting I have been trying to find out about 4 EF in buiness for an upcoming flt from SYD to DFW with about four different layouts for 747's yours sounds like the one I am on.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
All 6 747-438ER and 3 of the best 747-438 will be refitted starting next year as they pull F from the non-A380 routes.

How does one find out of their 747 is one that is being refitted ?

I have a Oct 2011 Flight from SYD to DFW and had a heck of a time on Seat Guru figuring which aircraft I am actually on I believe its a Qantas Airways Boeing 747-438 Longreach 2-Class
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bstndance
I booked my first QF flight on the A388. When calling for my seat assignment the agent put me in 81C and told me it was a bulkhead. From the seat maps it doesn't look like it. What gives?

Wow same dog got me !

I was told 3 times that on my QF 7 , that row 4ef were in the upper deck.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:08 pm

A380 vs B744

This is my first time travelling with QF and I´ve got an upcoming flight from JFK to SYD and back with a stopover in LAX in Economy. I can choose either the A380 or the B744 for the LAX-SYD segment. I´d like to know which one is better or in case they are the same i´ll just fly one segment each, just so i can try them both.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by arkkax
This is my first time travelling with QF and I´ve got an upcoming flight from JFK to SYD and back with a stopover in LAX in Economy. I can choose either the A380 or the B744 for the LAX-SYD segment. I´d like to know which one is better or in case they are the same i´ll just fly one segment each, just so i can try them both.
In economy the A380 wins hands down.
Of course I have never flown economy in the A380 and it has been years since I flew in Economy on a QF 747.....
However A380, quieter, better cabin atmosphere, more room, self service bar, better seats and better IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.