Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:55 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Briz.QFFBoi
My partner and I are in 11A and 11B on the A380 Syd-Sin (QF31) in May next year. We chose these two as they are on the opposite side to the lounge - so as to avoid disturbance from users of the "couch".

Any feedback on 11A/11B would be appreciated
The mini-cabin or "Emerald City" is great. In my experience the lounge primarily gets used to SIN.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by pssteve
Some comments on Qantas 747 4 class with 32 PE seats rows 34 thru 37. Both seatexpert and seatguru cover only part of the issues I saw. 36A and K have no window period. 37A and K have 2 mis-alingned windows. Basically only rows 34 and 35 have actual window seats. I don't see any negatives about seats are 34 A and K bulkhead. I would book them in a heart beat. Seats in PE section were comfortable with my only negative being lack of a real foot rest. .
Does anyone have any experience with 34A/K or should I pay the extra for 36A/K?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
I have booked seat 12E for both out- and inbound LAX-SYD on the A380. Made the reservations when I booked the ticket a couple of months ago. What is most disturbing, today I routinely checked that reservation and I was 'moved' involuntarily to 12J. Why is QF doing that? Luckily, I was able to repair the damage back to 12E but am now suspicious that they will move me again.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC, QF.
If I'm in PE on the 380, can I board the aircraft on the lower deck, walk through Y and then up the stairs at the back?

No, I thought not.

By the time I've walked past fourteen rows of J seats on the way to the back of the bus, the PE seats are going to look pretty lame. Maybe I'll just stare at the floor during the walk of shame. . . .

To keep on-topic, it seems 34 AB/JK and 38JK are the "best" seats? As a bronze, can I request these seats at time of booking? Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by studyolic
If I'm in PE on the 380, can I board the aircraft on the lower deck, walk through Y and then up the stairs at the back?

No, I thought not.

By the time I've walked past fourteen rows of J seats on the way to the back of the bus, the PE seats are going to look pretty lame. Maybe I'll just stare at the floor during the walk of shame. . . .

To keep on-topic, it seems 34 AB/JK and 38JK are the "best" seats? As a bronze, can I request these seats at time of booking? Thanks.
if there are only two air bridges it wouldn't be good idea. Being in F had I to wait behind all the Y-pax to board lower deck at LHR .
The upper deck boarding was faster. But PE looks really great on the A380 and it is great value for money.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by studyolic
All the A/B and J/K seats in PE on the A380 are good with plenty of leg room.

38K is my favourite though. Exit, "unlimited" legroom and a storage bin. Every time I've flown in 38K I've sat next to another Platinum member in 38J though so I'm not sure if you'll have any success getting it.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Boeing 747, 11A (upper deck, first row). A couple of questions. First, is it possible to move in front of the passenger in 11B (ie. in front, not over the top of)? I always chose aisles because I hate interrupting my seatmate when I want to get up. Second, is the light from the lavatory really that bothersome?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Q1: No! Unless you have really long legs you need 11B's co-operation.

Q2: Dunno!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:56 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danger
Boeing 747, 11A (upper deck, first row). A couple of questions. First, is it possible to move in front of the passenger in 11B (ie. in front, not over the top of)? I always chose aisles because I hate interrupting my seatmate when I want to get up. Second, is the light from the lavatory really that bothersome?
I just booked a flight SYD-LHR as an assisted award for my partner and I in J while driving. Agent said all she could get me was row 17. I get home, go to select new seats and the UD is wide open, selected 11A/B. Strange, isn't it? One would think she could access the same selection based on status.

I have traveled in 11A/B and and 11 J/K. You can get out without walking over the other person, however like most seats on the UD when your neighbour is fully reclined you have to step over them. When fully reclined and at 6'2" my feet hit the wall.

The lavatory isn't that disturbing, noise at the back from the galley in last row would be more disturbing. Particularly on long flights such as from LHR and LAX you'll find the entire cabin asleep on the long sectors, so most use is after take off, and before landing. The light has never really made me reconsider sitting here. You are also ahead of the engines so it's quiet.

I've also traveled in the emergency exit rows but found the seats were prone to shake a lot more.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: QF Gold
Seat 53H QF 74

Hi

I was allocated 53H on QF74 SFO-SYD on Dec 31 (yes, I'm spending NYE over the Pacific). According to the seat map, Rows 51 and 52 in front aren't there. Is this really the case or are they blanked out for crew seats -either way does anyone know if it is a decent seat with reasonable legroom?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:59 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by sarvowinner
Hi

I was allocated 53H on QF74 SFO-SYD on Dec 31 (yes, I'm spending NYE over the Pacific). According to the seat map, Rows 51 and 52 in front aren't there. Is this really the case or are they blanked out for crew seats -either way does anyone know if it is a decent seat with reasonable legroom?
on that 4-class config 52 HJK are crew rest seats at the front of the economy cabin.

Note that rows 36 to 39 are PE seats sold as Economy. Very few of these are actually assigned at this time, but most are blocked. So keep checking and even ask at check-in.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:51 pm

B744 / 3-class / W / 29K

This was SYD-LAX in 3-class on QF107.

Pros: the front of W mini-cabin, rows 29 and 30, is quiet and isolated. 29 gets no traffic or noise. The JK side has more legroom than the rest of row 29. The AB side has a closet. the lavs are slightly aft near the galley by the stairs. A very good value if you score a discount premium economy fare.

Cons: none other than no storage under bulkhead

Last edited by martin33; Nov 23, 2010 at 2:25 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by NM
on that 4-class config 52 HJK are crew rest seats at the front of the economy cabin.

Note that rows 36 to 39 are PE seats sold as Economy. Very few of these are actually assigned at this time, but most are blocked. So keep checking and even ask at check-in.
Thanks Nelly

As lowly Silver, is there any point phoning Qantas or will they just tell me that the rows 36-39 are blocked?

Sarvo
Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:46 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by sarvowinner
Thanks Nelly

As lowly Silver, is there any point phoning Qantas or will they just tell me that the rows 36-39 are blocked?

Sarvo
You will likely be told those rows are "not available for selection". But keep watching, and be on the ball for on-line check-in at T-24 hours.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: QF(WP), Velocity Gold, SPG, PC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I just booked a flight SYD-LHR as an assisted award for my partner and I in J while driving. Agent said all she could get me was row 17. I get home, go to select new seats and the UD is wide open, selected 11A/B. Strange, isn't it? One would think she could access the same selection based on status.

I have traveled in 11A/B and and 11 J/K. You can get out without walking over the other person, however like most seats on the UD when your neighbour is fully reclined you have to step over them. When fully reclined and at 6'2" my feet hit the wall.

The lavatory isn't that disturbing, noise at the back from the galley in last row would be more disturbing. Particularly on long flights such as from LHR and LAX you'll find the entire cabin asleep on the long sectors, so most use is after take off, and before landing. The light has never really made me reconsider sitting here. You are also ahead of the engines so it's quiet.

I've also traveled in the emergency exit rows but found the seats were prone to shake a lot more.
I was originally seated in 11A/B on upper deck on QF 6 from Sin - FRA but have moved to 1A/B on lower deck - as I thought disturbance in 1A/B would be slight and its kinda kool to be in the pointy end normally the preserve of F. have I made a wise move. Its a night flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.