Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas seat selection does open 8 days in advance for all (although the pickings for non elite bookings can be rather slim).
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by serfty
Qantas seat selection does open 8 days in advance for all (although the pickings for non elite bookings can be rather slim).
The flight ended up being about 80%, I ended up with two seats next to me!

What's the policy with kids being on booster seas? I had an out of control kid behind me that was on one. Which of cause made there legs high engough to kick my seat back constantly!
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Every time it happens, turn around and slap one of the parents.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Looks like there was an aircraft change for my LHR-SIN in Feb. Instead of 388 it now is a 744. I am in J, and they have changed my seat res to the last row, window, upper deck. Could anybody answer if
- Seat/Skybed is exactly the same on 388/744 (or should I move to the BA flight for better sleep) ?
- The assigned seat is a good choice ?
thks
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:19 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by banzani
Looks like there was an aircraft change for my LHR-SIN in Feb. Instead of 388 it now is a 744. I am in J, and they have changed my seat res to the last row, window, upper deck. Could anybody answer if
- Seat/Skybed is exactly the same on 388/744 (or should I move to the BA flight for better sleep) ?
- The assigned seat is a good choice ?
thks
The Skybed MK II on the 388 is completely flat at 180 degrees, see http://images.smh.com.au/2010/05/18/...-set-420x0.jpg.

On the 744 the Skybed Mk I it is lie flat on an angle of 8 degree. See http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Qa...es/Business-30

Most people prefer the flat bed, but opinions differ. I prefer a flat bad so would consider BA, however CW is starting to look tired now. Service, catering and priority luggage are all superior on QF.

18A is private, but too near the UD galley for my liking.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jan 5, 2011 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
thanks for the quick answer. Kind of confirms my guess this might be a slight downgrade...will check BA.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club
Question time please guys and girls.

Today I returned to CHC after a couple of days back home in SYD. Its a trip I do a handful of times a years, 9 times out of 10 has always been on NZ. Due to the complicated frustrating LCC new transtasman program NZ has put in place, this journey, and all future ones will be on QF.

I flew in Y on 737-800's. Nothing flash, no IFE, but certainly adequate.

During todays flight I was weighing up foregoing Y altogether and doing all upcoming travel in C. I'm a member of BA and will decide later whether to credit travel to them or just use up those points and join QF's program.

My question has to do with the business seats on the aircraft that do the daily CHC-SYD service. As I was disembarking today I noticed that the C cabin also didnt look to have IFE's!!! At least no personal screens in the back of any chairs. Can anyone confirm this? Someone please tell me that there are personal screens on the 738s, conveniently stowed away between the seats. While its not critical to have them for such a short flight when flying in C nowadays you should be able to expect that provided at the very least. Lack of them could end up being a deal breaker.

Last edited by milan luka; Jan 8, 2011 at 1:56 am
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by milan luka
Question time please guys and girls.

Today I returned to CHC after a couple of days back home in SYD. Its a trip I do a handful of times a years, 9 times out of 10 has always been on NZ. Due to the complicated frustrating LCC new transtasman program NZ has put in place, this journey, and all future ones will be on QF.

I flew in Y on 737-800's. Nothing flash, no IFE, but certainly adequate.

During todays flight I was weighing up foregoing Y altogether and doing all upcoming travel in C. I'm a member of BA and will decide later whether to credit travel to them or just use up those points and join QF's program.

My question has to do with the business seats on the aircraft that do the daily CHC-SYD service. As I was disembarking today I noticed that the C cabin also didnt look to have IFE's!!! At least no personal screens in the back of any chairs. Can anyone confirm this? Someone please tell me that there are personal screens on the 738s, conveniently stowed away between the seats. While its not critical to have them for such a short flight when flying in C nowadays you should be able to expect that provided at the very least. Lack of them could end up being a deal breaker.

On the new 738's the screens are indeed stowed away.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by flashware
It seems that this flight is not a Jetconnect operated 737-800, as they all have the new PTV AVOD IFE.
So if this flight is operated by QF Mainline then this means that Business Class passengers will receive personal DVD players with a bi-monthly library.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club
Originally Posted by flashware
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
It seems that this flight is not a Jetconnect operated 737-800, as they all have the new PTV AVOD IFE.
So if this flight is operated by QF Mainline then this means that Business Class passengers will receive personal DVD players with a bi-monthly library.
Guys thank you so much for your immediate input.

It a few weeks before I do think trip again, already booked and will be another Y journey. I will be a big boy and ask the crew this time.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Note that in the coming months the remaining Jetconnect 734 will leave the ZK fleet (one [ZK-JTS] is going back to Oz).

These will be replaced with 73H's. All jetconnect 73H's have personal IFE for all passengers.

There will still be the odd turnaround flights operated by VH 73H' - these should have the DVD's players for business class.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Hi

I've upcoming business class flights MEL-CNS and CNS-SYD.

First trip is on 737-8 and second on a 767.

Do both of these have personal screens in business?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Originally Posted by duncas
Hi

I've upcoming business class flights MEL-CNS and CNS-SYD.

First trip is on 737-8 and second on a 767.

Do both of these have personal screens in business?
Sorry, neither plane has PTV's in business (except for a few of the 763's in "international" format).

Last edited by whughes3; Jan 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by serfty
All jetconnect 73H's have personal IFE for all passengers.
Flew QF142 AKL-SYD in Y class over the weekend and was very impressed with the seat-back IFE system for all pax on the 73H. A huge improvement over the 734 facilities. ^
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Window seat in J A388 LHR-SIN, which side?

For city view (London and Singapore, if any) which side should I sit, A or K?
TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.