Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks for the seating info

one last follow-up

so are the overhead bins, fairly small in rows 1-4? that was what I was inferring from your response

I will be on the DFW-SYD-DFW route; yes we are US citizens

Are you on one of the non-stop flights ?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:33 pm

When is Economy " Economy "

I booked 2 'economy' flights with Qantas last Dec. , I am flying return to Melb from Perth return for a 7 day break from April 20th .
There are only business seats available to frequent flyers for upgrades on the return journey .
I logged into Qantas f/flyer which stated you needed 10,000 points per head to upgrade , when I tried to do this , they said I was on ' discount ' economy and needed 16,000 points per head , a total of 32,000 . After flying to Melbourne my wife and I will have 30,200 points , which is 10,200 more that I thought I needed , but the unbending tyrants at Qantas state categorically the I needed 32,000 not a point less .
I paid $550 per head for my 'discount ' economy flights , and today I received a Qantas Rede-mail offer which said I could fly to Melbourne in April for $199 per head !!
What kind of 'economy' are these flights , do you have to sit on the wings ?

Qantas claims that this information was available when I booked , but this is incorrect as when I booked I asked for and got economy seats , I was given no information at the time as to what economy tickets I had .

To paraphrase George Orwell , all economy seats are equal , except those that are bought by a feisty peasant that wants an upgrade !!!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Welcome to FT, and sorry to hear of your 'experience'.

There are some useful 'primers' on the complexities of airfares, and you'll be aware that there are a range of different prices for 'economy' - whilst the seat & service are the same, many aspects can be different scaled, essentially, on the price you paid:

• flexibility to changes (more flex = more expensive)
  • mileage earning rates (cheap fares earn less, or nothing)
  • cost to upgrade using miles (cheap fares more expensive to upgrade)

Have a look around here and you'll almost certainly pick up some excellent tips on how to avoid this again.

As a starter, the QANTAS website mentions 4 kinds of 'economy' fares; red e-deal, Super Saver, Flexi Saver, Fully Flexible. The first 2 are 'Discount Economy'. There is a link you can click to see what the differences are - this is important stuff for FFers....

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/ama...ARY/index.html

Cheers, TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 20, 2011 at 3:31 am
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
Hi All,

I'm going LHR - SIN in J next week and was hoping to get into the "mini cabin" at the front of the A380. However they're all showing as unavailable. Does anyone know if this means they're really unavailable, or if they may be blocked at the moment and released nearer the time?

GS
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by gemscot
Hi All,

I'm going LHR - SIN in J next week and was hoping to get into the "mini cabin" at the front of the A380. However they're all showing as unavailable. Does anyone know if this means they're really unavailable, or if they may be blocked at the moment and released nearer the time?

GS
This cabin has the nickname "Emerald City" and IIRC BA Silver is Oneworld Saphire.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
Wasn't aware of the nickname. However, I have managed to get in there last couple of times even as a lowly Sapphire, so it must just be busy. Oh well, can't complain. The rest of the bus isn't bad I suppose

GS
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by gemscot
Wasn't aware of the nickname. However, I have managed to get in there last couple of times even as a lowly Sapphire, so it must just be busy. Oh well, can't complain. The rest of the bus isn't bad I suppose

GS
Until around T-7 days these seats are generally available for pre-allocation only by those with Emerald status.

After that, any that might be left may open up for other elites.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by TheMiz
Are you on one of the non-stop flights ?
Yes I'm on the non-stop DFW-BNE-SYD and SYD-DFW
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Wow. Just read the whole thread. There is just so much knowledge here. ^

Just one correction on the economy bulkheads on the 388. I have just returned from a UK trip and had bulkhead seats both ways.

The first bulkhead seats in economy are:

50A/B/C, 51H/J/K, 52D/E/F/G

The numbering threw me when I booked but all is clear when you board!!!

I have selected 12A/B for MrsH and myself on our UK trip later this year.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Glob
Hey guys,

Just wondering if 79B/C on the 388 have a moveable armrest? I have read about the annoyances for 79C, but is there a better option when travelling as a couple?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The arm rests are not movable. The RH side and center armrests are used to store the tray tables on and the LH rest is fixed.

79B
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Not sure if this is the right thread but didn't want to start a new one if not needed.

Party of four adults on syd to dfw in feb 2012. Currently have seats assigned downstairs in what would be f. I've read differing dates on when the recabining will occur for the 747 and on this route. Is there a good source of information on the "real" seat maps for these flights vs the configuration as of today. are you notified if there is a change in seat location by qf

Is it better to stay in the downstairs seats and what is the comparison of old 747 f with new j seats
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Not sure if this is the right thread but didn't want to start a new one if not needed.

Party of four adults on syd to dfw in feb 2012. Currently have seats assigned downstairs in what would be f. I've read differing dates on when the recabining will occur for the 747 and on this route. Is there a good source of information on the "real" seat maps for these flights vs the configuration as of today. are you notified if there is a change in seat location by qf

Is it better to stay in the downstairs seats and what is the comparison of old 747 f with new j seats
No way to say what the configuration will be that far out. However the reconfiguration will be well and truly underway, possibly completed by then as it starts at the end of this year.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:16 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
A388 SIN-SYD Seating

Hi. I am making my first trip to Oz on the 09:40 departure ex SIN. Booked in Business. Booked in 19K but would have loved something more forward at the window. I took the day flight as I am interested in Physical Geography. Anyway, I am concerned that the view from my seat might be impacted by the wing. Please could anyone advise and feel free to offer up suggestions. Kind Regards.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In reality you can't often see much from an upper deck side window when in cruise.

Other than that; check out the seat map here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...2J32PY332Y.pdf

I am thinking you will be right over the wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.