Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
On Qantas.com and in EF, rows 11-19 in the A380 C cabin are blocked from seat assignment on my LAXSYD flight in the spring...

Will Qantas assign me one of those seats if I call? (I'm a OW Emerald on an award ticket)

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
On Qantas.com and in EF, rows 11-19 in the A380 C cabin are blocked from seat assignment on my LAXSYD flight in the spring...

Will Qantas assign me one of those seats if I call? (I'm a OW Emerald on an award ticket)

Thanks!
Is your status in the booking? The system Altea, should be offering you seats based on your status and fare class.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Two of us are flying in Business in July on the Domestic A330 and 738-800 and are looking for advice on the best J seats. I see there are two versions and I'm assuming they don't know which version they're in July, regardless of the current seat-map. SYD-CNS, and CNS-MEL in the A330, 2 of us, windows are a must (we'd rather 2 windows than be sitting together), no OW status, so it has to be rows 4 or back for now.
Also, for 737-800 for MEL-ADL-MEL, our only option is Row 3. Which side, AC or DF??

Note - this is a re-post, since I didn't get any feedback last time. Thanks in advance
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phkc070408
Two of us are flying in Business in July on the Domestic A330 and 738-800 and are looking for advice on the best J seats. I see there are two versions and I'm assuming they don't know which version they're in July, regardless of the current seat-map. SYD-CNS, and CNS-MEL in the A330, 2 of us, windows are a must (we'd rather 2 windows than be sitting together), no OW status, so it has to be rows 4 or back for now.
Also, for 737-800 for MEL-ADL-MEL, our only option is Row 3. Which side, AC or DF??

Note - this is a re-post, since I didn't get any feedback last time. Thanks in advance
What is your criteria for best?
Hoping for 2 window seats A/F or A/A (B737) A/K or K/K (A330) etc when both people on the same PNR may be hard. You can only try when booking and checking later. At T-80 the seat map may open more.

Flying into SYD seats on the left can have a good view of the harbour/bridge, but depends on the runway in use & weather.
Flying into/out of ADL & MEL not much difference in view from the windows. Depends on runways is use and weather(cloud).

Newish seat maps from a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
https://www.aerolopa.com/qf-airbus-a330-gallery
https://www.aerolopa.com/qf-boeing-737-gallery
https://www.aerolopa.com/qf-qantaslink-gallery

Also look at the QF seat maps (click to down load a pdf)---> https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...seat-maps.html

Has this been answered in one of the other threads about this trip--> Combining Domestic Business and Flex Fares in one PNR

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 11, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I would say our order of preferences are:

1. Good window view
2. Seat Legroom
3. Order of meal service
4. Availability of Recline

Well, with the A330 it looks like 4A 5A are our only options for windows being close together.
For the 787-800, it's a matter of 3AC or DF. We don't mind sitting in the C or D seats on a narrow-body, we just avoid the middle section on the Wide Bodys. Is either side AC or DF recommended over the other?

While we're on the subject, are there any other seats for us to consider / avoid at T-80? Again, a good Window view is the most important thing to consider.

And it's great to see those aircraft to the aerolopa.com site. I was going to ask him about getting these birds on board.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In relation to the 737:

3DF may be the last served - on a MEL/ADL segment there is not a lot of time.

A/B better viewing as approaching ADL, often good view of "the Coorong" (Mouth of The Murray) and Goolwa.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
First flights in a long long time in a few months - like loads of people I guess. Burning AA miles so I have some flexibility to cancel if things go crazy again, but could only get Y on QF. Looking at seat selection on the A330s I'm not offered the exit row to buy, and mostly restricted to the rear Y cabin so far. There is the row called "preferred seating" in the forward Y cabin. Row 30ish. It doesn't look like it's an exit row. It just looks like it's further forward that's all. Does that sum it up?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dddc
First flights in a long long time in a few months - like loads of people I guess. Burning AA miles so I have some flexibility to cancel if things go crazy again, but could only get Y on QF. Looking at seat selection on the A330s I'm not offered the exit row to buy, and mostly restricted to the rear Y cabin so far. There is the row called "preferred seating" in the forward Y cabin. Row 30ish. It doesn't look like it's an exit row. It just looks like it's further forward that's all. Does that sum it up?
AFF 19 Jan 2022 -->Free Qantas Seat Selection (With a Catch)
<snip>
However, exit row seats are not currently available for selection on Qantas’ Airbus A330 or Boeing 787 flights anyway. Many Economy and Premium Economy exit row seats are also currently being blocked on the Airbus A380, which recently returned to service on the Sydney-Los Angeles route.The reason for this is social distancing and to protect the cabin crew. Most of these exit row seats are directly adjacent to rear-facing jump seats where flight attendants sit during take-off, landing and sometimes also mid-flight if there is turbulence.
<snip>
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Ahh! Thanks Mwenenzi! Interesting to hear/read this. No beef with it, it's just the way things are. It will be interesting to see if they police it and keep people away from those seats. I've seen on Easyjet they announce at the start that the exit row seats are still for sale, so they know if anyone sneaks up!

I'll steer clear of the "preferred" seats too. I can cope being 5 minute later off the plane than someone in the front. Just happy to lock in an aisle seat somewhere!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Does anyone have insight of row 1 seats vs row 3 on the QF Dreamliner?

I’ve currently reserved 3K for QF2 for which row 1 has just opened up.

I have a slight preference for an A seat due to the right handed table location, but wonder if row 1 has less space/privacy/window view than row 3. Or slightly less width due to curvature of the plane at the front?

Would appreciate any insight.

I’m not bothered by the proximity to galley, and have only very minor worries about being nearer to the bassinet seats- I am more wondering about the other properties of the seat.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Edit:
I found a review: https://www.businesstraveller.com/tr...usiness-class/ and decided to go for it, after realising I was in fact booked into seat 5K. Seat looks decent from that review and at least it has two windows!

Last edited by pythonisman; Feb 16, 2022 at 1:15 am Reason: Found a review
Old May 7, 2022, 1:09 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I have a domestic booking for Sydney to Hobart (direct) later this year. I am OneWorld Emerald and my BA FF number is in the booking. However, when I go into the booking it won't let me select seats, telling me "Individual seat selection isn't available for this flight.". Is that normal for QF domestic flights? If I contact Qantas will they be able to assign seats for us?

EDIT: I seem to have fixed my problem. I went into the booking via Royal Jordainian. Tried selecting seats there. That didn't work, but it did seem to do something. When I went back in via Qantas website it finally allowed me to select seats! A bit of a faff, but I got there!

Last edited by gms; May 7, 2022 at 2:03 pm
Old May 13, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I am flying LAX-BNE on an A330-200 in J with a friend on 8 Jun.
Are the middle seats best, or a window + middle?
At the moment they only have 6E,F and 5 E,F together. They appear to have several seats blocked. When might those become available?

Thanks in advance,

SI
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
deleted

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jun 15, 2022 at 9:38 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Does anyone have insight of row 1 seats vs row 3 on the QF Dreamliner?

I’ve currently reserved 3K for QF2 for which row 1 has just opened up.

I have a slight preference for an A seat due to the right handed table location, but wonder if row 1 has less space/privacy/window view than row 3. Or slightly less width due to curvature of the plane at the front?

Would appreciate any insight.

I’m not bothered by the proximity to galley, and have only very minor worries about being nearer to the bassinet seats- I am more wondering about the other properties of the seat.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Edit:
I found a review: https://www.businesstraveller.com/tr...usiness-class/ and decided to go for it, after realising I was in fact booked into seat 5K. Seat looks decent from that review and at least it has two windows!
How did you end up finding row 1; better than row 3 or is the extra space in row 1 worth it on a long haul?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
How did you end up finding row 1; better than row 3 or is the extra space in row 1 worth it on a long haul?
I should have posted back here. 110% the front row seats on the dreamliner are excellent and afford significantly more leg/knee room for sleeping. You also seem to get an additional small drawer for storage (under the screen) which I found great for passport, phone etc ; I didn't realise this was unique to the bulkhead seats.

I had no issues as a hefty side sleeper and would prefer the bulkhead rows on the dreamliner in a heartbeat
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.