Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I should have posted back here. 110% the front row seats on the dreamliner are excellent and afford significantly more leg/knee room for sleeping. You also seem to get an additional small drawer for storage (under the screen) which I found great for passport, phone etc ; I didn't realise this was unique to the bulkhead seats.

I had no issues as a hefty side sleeper and would prefer the bulkhead rows on the dreamliner in a heartbeat
Thanks. I'm guessing galley noise wasn't an issue?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Thanks. I'm guessing galley noise wasn't an issue?
No issues for me whatsoever, though I'm not the lightest sleeper if I'm tired. On a quiet aircraft like the 787 or a380 I tend to be able to sleep without earplugs or eyemask on long flights.

Mind you I'd had two not great nights' sleep before my outbound trip due to Winter Storm Eunice screwing up my positioning and then my initial connecting flight, so I slept especially well...

From 1A/K you can see the galley curtain, but I don't recall any significant noise breaking through. The middle seats are set further back if you were worried about that (but then obviously you lose the windows)
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by pythonisman
No issues for me whatsoever, though I'm not the lightest sleeper if I'm tired. On a quiet aircraft like the 787 or a380 I tend to be able to sleep without earplugs or eyemask on long flights.

Mind you I'd had two not great nights' sleep before my outbound trip due to Winter Storm Eunice screwing up my positioning and then my initial connecting flight, so I slept especially well...

From 1A/K you can see the galley curtain, but I don't recall any significant noise breaking through. The middle seats are set further back if you were worried about that (but then obviously you lose the windows)
Big thanks to m0hamed and yourself helping me make the decision to take 1K which was still available on my YVR flight. Having flown to Asia and NZ in those J pods, it strikes me they may be way too claustrophobic for a 14 hour+ leg. 1A / K seem to be the way to go with the added spaciousness. I'll report back in 6 weeks when I'm back
pythonisman likes this.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jun 17, 2022 at 2:50 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:26 am

Update. 1K was an awesome seat. It and 1A are def the most spacious for those long haul legs on the 789. Galley noise was almost non existent. Food however was absolute rubbish and cabin crew member in my section aloof causing me to have to use call bell to ask for main meal 45 minutes after starter finished, then again to be offered dessert/tea/coffee. God bless Qatar Airways. Qantas and Neil Perry should be ashamed.
AppleBite likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Food however was absolute rubbish and cabin crew member in my section aloof causing me to have to use call bell to ask for main meal 45 minutes after starter finished, then again to be offered dessert/tea/coffee. .
I complained to the CSO just pre COVID about slow / non existent meal service. He said “just use the call button if you want anythIng at all”. I suspect he was not the one who actually had to respond to the call button.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
738 - view from the exit row?

Hello, I am in the process of choosing a Y seat for an upcoming domestic flight (737-8). I am tempted by the exit row, but as great as the extra legroom would be, for this particular flight (going to Uluru) the bigger priority is having a good view out the window, on the A side of the aircraft. Is there any reason to think that one of the exit rows would not be good for this purpose? I've checked the two diagrams in the wiki at the top of the thread, but it's hard to know how precise they are regarding window placement. I know that the alignment of windows can sometimes be odd in the exit row, and I'm not sure whether it might be better to be further away from the wing. Appreciate any advice from folks familiar with this configuration!
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Hello, I am in the process of choosing a Y seat for an upcoming domestic flight (737-8). I am tempted by the exit row, but as great as the extra legroom would be, for this particular flight (going to Uluru) the bigger priority is having a good view out the window, on the A side of the aircraft. Is there any reason to think that one of the exit rows would not be good for this purpose? I've checked the two diagrams in the wiki at the top of the thread, but it's hard to know how precise they are regarding window placement. I know that the alignment of windows can sometimes be odd in the exit row, and I'm not sure whether it might be better to be further away from the wing. Appreciate any advice from folks familiar with this configuration!
The middle exit rows are over the wing (for good reason)-->https://www.aerolopa.com/qf-738
The best side to sit going into Uluru has been asked before, but as yet have not found that post.

Edit
Searching for "rock" gives some old threads. Please do not post in those.Conclusion is to sit on the left

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 15, 2022 at 8:42 pm
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The middle exit rows are over the wing (for good reason)-->https://www.aerolopa.com/qf-738
The best side to sit going into Uluru has been asked before, but as yet have not found that post.

Edit
Searching for "rock" gives some old threads. Please do not post in those.Conclusion is to sit on the left
Mwenenzi You are both a font of information and generous with your time -- thank you so much!!
Old Jan 15, 2023, 10:13 pm

SYD - BNE: Best side for view?

Hello again QF forum! Still working on my March trip to Australia. Anyone have a recommendation as between the A/C side or D/F side for the best view on this short flight out of SYD to BNE? (QF 540, departing 17:05 pm)?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Hello again QF forum! Still working on my March trip to Australia. Anyone have a recommendation as between the A/C side or D/F side for the best view on this short flight out of SYD to BNE? (QF 540, departing 17:05 pm)?
From SYD to BNE depending on the weather and runway in use sitting on right may have a view of the Sydney harbour/bridge on departure. But a big *maybe*.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
From SYD to BNE depending on the weather and runway in use sitting on right may have a view of the Sydney harbour/bridge on departure. But a big *maybe*.
Thank you for the tip! And we won't get our hopes up, but since we have no other basis for choosing...
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I've got 1A on the A380 from LAX-SYD (was only seat available on left side, obviously preferred with solo travel). Any problems with noise/light/lav there? Was a warning in seatguru.com... Tah for any input!
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:46 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I've got 1A on the A380 from LAX-SYD (was only seat available on left side, obviously preferred with solo travel). Any problems with noise/light/lav there? Was a warning in seatguru.com... Tah for any input!
No, it's fine. Main issue is crew congregate around the base of the stairs sometimes, but otherwise fine.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I thoroughly enjoyed my flight in 1A, and saw no issues from galley or toilets.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Glad to hear, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.