Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Reikon
Can you not select domestic seats for a flight too far in the future? I have MEL-ADL booked and when I try to select a seat it just jumps to the top of the page without doing anything.
Qantas are having issues with their seat selection on the desktop at the moment.

I called to get a seat selected for a June flight I have booked.

Later I realised I could have used the Qantas android App.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:49 pm

A380-800 (388). Flying economy unfortunately. Had to book late. I currently have 71C which is aisle, and so far no one next to me in window or middle.

I assume sitting on the sides (3 seats together) is preferable to the middle of the plane -4 together (unless you can get one without a seat in front of you) ?
Any reason why it looks like the back , >80 is more filled up ? Is it preferable to be in the 80s over 70s ?

Update: Moved to 81c , it seemed like there were some comments about running out of meals by the time they get to 70s but they also start in back - hopefully =) That would suck thoug - better bring food =)

It seems like my seat selection keeps disappearing from my AA leg. I make it at the American site, see it confirmed but then when I log back in its gone.

Last edited by jmsnyc; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:13 am
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you on an AA flight number or a QF flight number?

Codeshares can make a differnce.

Also, do you have any oneworld status?

Is this ex DFW?

Do you have access to row 36? 36F can be an interesting seat at 36D and 36E are the last allocated and for DFW flights generally are not.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Are you on an AA flight number or a QF flight number?

Codeshares can make a differnce.

Also, do you have any oneworld status?

Is this ex DFW?

Do you have access to row 36? 36F can be an interesting seat at 36D and 36E are the last allocated and for DFW flights generally are not.
AA flight number only for ATL-DFW booked through Qantas, Qantas flight number for DFW-SYD, no status, use AA ff number on Qantas when booking so flight auto appeared in AA acct so I could book seat, but if I change it on Qantas, it makes me choose aisle or window pref for AA flight and then erases my AA.

First row shown for choice on A388 is 48. All the seats in the post related to this plane were taken
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Row 48 is the 'front' row in economy of the lower deck. Did you try selecting the link for "Upper Deck"?

As a onewolrd emerald I have a better selection of seats. See the attached screensnips.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:48 pm

Row 48 is the 'front' row in economy of the lower deck. Did you try selecting the link for "Upper Deck"?

As a onewolrd emerald I have a better selection of seats. See the attached screensnips.
I have no mileage status. First time flying Qantas. Nor on Oneworld. Upper Deck all seats are unavailable
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you would prefer a differnt set then the best thing to do, is keep trying, especially in the week leading up to the flight.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:01 pm

a330-200 from sin to mel

Are you guaranteed a flat-bed business seat on this route? I'm sure this is answered somewhere in this thread but I haven't found it yet and your help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

If you would prefer a differnt set then the best thing to do, is keep trying, especially in the week leading up to the flight.
Flight is in 48 hours. Moved to center aisle cuz realized I was near bassinet seats and thinking if anyone is next to me they have another way out if I'm asleep

Also bi​​d for business but about lowest I could so not expecting
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmsnyc

Also bi​​d for business but about lowest I could so not expecting
DFW flights being capacity restrained often have free seats.

Good Luck.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I'm on QF73 on August 10th and it looks like the aircraft was swapped to a 747-400. I was put into 16A in the Upper Deck. I'm curious what others think is my best option. I prefer ease of access to the aisle (don't want to have jump over anyone awkwardly) and personal space/privacy.

The only other seats in the UD are all of row 11 and 12K.

In the LD all of 25/26 are available as well as 1A, 1K, 2 E/F (which may be B/J per seat guru) and 3K.

I'm thinking just stick with what I have as per Seat Guru it seems like there is enough space to get by the aisle seat. I'm just unsure of how private it may be.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
QF Seat assignment -- reward tx

Originally Posted by Kremmen
They just block out rows 1-4 for high-status QF members until close to departure. You should find that and other seat info in this thread and the A330 thread.
Travelling on an AA reward with QF in J (domestic routes). No QF or OW status, *A gold.

For two flights rows 1-2 are blocked. Assigned row 3. J has 3 rows. Should I assume this is because the first rows are blocked for high status? My plan was to monitor since travel is a few months out.

For the other two sectors, can not get assigned a seat. Not thru website or with agent who kept repeating, "at check in". I do have a confirmed itinerary with relevant tx nos (thank you FT for knowing how important this is). Can't understand why no seats available to assign. Flight is far from sold out. Reward seats treated differently? Should I be concerned?

Any suggestions with respect to my two concerns would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:30 pm

Got a flight in J on QF1 through to London and I've managed to snag 11A all the way up front.

How's the access getting around the isle passenger, especially when the seat is all the way down flat? I could take 11E/F which is still available, but I'm anxious about storage - those side bins will be quite handy.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I'm on QF73 on August 10th and it looks like the aircraft was swapped to a 747-400...
Row 25 is throwing me a bit.

Is there a row 4 on this flight?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:36 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by ggggrey
Got a flight in J on QF1 through to London and I've managed to snag 11A all the way up front.

How's the access getting around the isle passenger, especially when the seat is all the way down flat? I could take 11E/F which is still available, but I'm anxious about storage - those side bins will be quite handy.
You need long legs and a fair amount of dexterity to safely climb over another flat out pax in Business. Having a seat infront helps - use the grab handle on the seat shell back for help with support. Its a trade-off with having posession of the side lockers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.