Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by johndeere19
While not as great as last year's promo, this is a great deal and FAR better than what they normally have going on. For those of you on the fence, I'd say jump on this one now. I'd be happy to shoot out a referral to anyone who PMs me.

I agree with johndeere19 that this is still a great offer! While last year's promo required $1,000 in spending, this year's promo of $4,500 is still much better than the regular $15,000 in spending required to get the bonus points.

For those interested, I wrote a review of the SPG card on my blog.

I've had some exceptional experiences using the cash and points option including staying in the Sheraton Iguazu and getting access to the Iguazu Falls before the park opened and at the Imperial in Vienna.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:23 am

live

now you can see 30K card pro on their website, no need referral:

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...est/index.html
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone sign up for the old 25k (10k AFP, 15k after $15k spend) offer successfully called and gotten switched over to this new offer?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:04 pm

Did anyone successfully sign up using the public Biz link? It doesn't proceed when I click "Continue to Verify" (using IE), anyone has the same issue?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
Did anyone successfully sign up using the public Biz link? It doesn't proceed when I click "Continue to Verify" (using IE), anyone has the same issue?
No, the link does not work in IE or Firefox (or perhaps at all). I have called/SMed several groups within AmEx and none seem to be able to do anything about it. I have not seen any reports of anyone successfully getting the 30K Business card.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
No, the link does not work in IE or Firefox (or perhaps at all). I have called/SMed several groups within AmEx and none seem to be able to do anything about it. I have not seen any reports of anyone successfully getting the 30K Business card.
https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...andingCode=112

Using this link, at least you can fill in information, but you can't "Continue"? What a mess!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...andingCode=112

Using this link, at least you can fill in information, but you can't "Continue"? What a mess!
Sorry, I can fill in the application but clicking "Continue to Verify" does not work. Not sure if this is better or worse than the 30K business referral that just went into limbo.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:38 pm

For those of you who did not receive email for the 30k promotion like me - I logged into my spg.com account just now and saw the promotion on the front page, right side (not the small link below). You can now refer your friends and they will get the same 30k promo and you will receive 5k.

Just checked again, the invite that spg sent to my friends states that "current offer may not be available" and route you to the old offer. I guess they are not giving out the 5k anymore with the current 30k offer.

Last edited by Buckeye 777; Jul 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm Reason: spg link doesn't work
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Buckeye 777
For those of you who did not receive email for the 30k promotion like me - I logged into my spg.com account just now and saw the promotion on the front page, right side (not the small link below). You can now refer your friends and they will get the same 30k promo and you will receive 5k.

Just checked again, the invite that spg sent to my friends states that "current offer may not be available" and route you to the old offer. I guess they are not giving out the 5k anymore with the current 30k offer.
Hmm, that's kind of sneaky on their part, isn't it? The funny thing is the invite for 10000 points I received in June still works, but that invite sends the receipient the old $15,000 X 6 mths email right then and there.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:20 pm

Public referral does work

It does still work for the 30k bonus, check out "Starwood Lurker" first post in this thread in the SPG forum.
Just tested link now and all working fine.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...tarpoints.html
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Anyone sign up for the old 25k (10k AFP, 15k after $15k spend) offer successfully called and gotten switched over to this new offer?

I signed up about a month ago for the old offer and was rather disgruntled when this offer came out. I explained a bit about this here.

I called the number for American Express on the back of my card and asked them if they could bump me up to the 30K level, as well as drop my spending requirement down to the $4500. That would be easy. I'm struggling with the 15K. Hopefully I'll find a business owner who out of the kindness of their heart can help me out. Hahaha.

Best of luck. I would make sure that you tote your experience with Amex to convince them. PM me if you have any luck
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by amrom
It does still work for the 30k bonus, check out "Starwood Lurker" first post in this thread in the SPG forum.
Just tested link now and all working fine.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...tarpoints.html
Did "your friend" actually try to apply for the offer? Sure the email says $4,500, but when you open the application link it redirects you to the old offer. At least that happened to me.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Stupid question that I'm sure has been asked many times before: If I make a Starwood reservation with the SPG Amex and am an SPG Gold member, do I get usual 3x points as a SPG Gold Member and 4x SPG points for booking with the SPG Amex? Surely not, but I'm just curious.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA EXP, Starwood Gold
I called as I applied for the card in early January, I already hit my $15k spending but the supervisor told me I had to be within 60 days for me to get the additional 5k points.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: AA, DL, HH
Originally Posted by Shadownite
I called as I applied for the card in early January, I already hit my $15k spending but the supervisor told me I had to be within 60 days for me to get the additional 5k points.
It might be worth giving it another try. It never hurts to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.