Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Just sent a similar email. We shall see how it goes

I did just that and the CSR asked if I had a offer code, or bonus ID # I could provide and she indicated "maybe" she could do something for me if that were the case. Can anyone help??
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Originally Posted by Aspirant
Has anyone tried to switch their 10k x 15k StarPoints bonus to this promotion? Any luck? I've had my card for a little less than a month and just e-mailed them to see if they would give me the 30k instead of the 25k...
Did email AMEX earlier today requesting a switch from the 10k + 15K bonus promo to the 10k + 20k bonus promo. Their response "Please note that promotional offers are pre-determined and assigned by our Marketing Division. I apologize that we are unable to honor your request for additional bonus points under a different offer." Don't know if the following might be relevant, my card was approved May 27th and have charged approximately $4000 to date with an additional $1000 charge pending. Have been a member since 2004.

UPDATE: Called AMEX on 7/9 requesting the switch in promos, was denied.

Last edited by rbwpi; Jul 10, 2011 at 8:58 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I am in the process of doing the 10K+15K. I'm going to hold off asking for the top-off to 5K until 7/15 comes.. waiting for those 2 new cards to come out..I'm hoping one is SPG... blindly hoping but hope nonetheless!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH
Bumped the Bonus

I called the Amex the other day as I just got this card a month ago. I heard that this offer was going around and called to see if they would bump my bonus. I got a very friendly guy who said that he had heard of the offer, but needed to visit with his supervisor before giving me the bump. When he got back after visiting with the supervisor he told me that he would bonus my account the 5000 Starpoints that were missing from the offer that I got.

I was really hoping that he would lower my spending requirement (Which is at $15,000 Ouch!) but he said that he couldn't do that. Either way I was grateful that he bumped me the extra 5000 points just for asking.

One thing that he noticed was that I've had an Amex card since 2006. Maybe he couldn't get the bonus bumped if you haven't been with them for a while. Who knows. It never hurts to ask.

www.worldwanderlusting.com
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
on frugal travel guy he wrote the following:

"I made mention on a Flyertalk thread that I am aware of three new offers this month. This is the first (The New Southwest Airlines Card). Number 2 and 3 involve my favorite credit card and my favorite airline. One is an increased signup bonus and one is an all new card. I can't say anymore so watch mid-July for more info."

So I will take a wild guess that after july 15 you can see on his website the link to this new SPG signup bonus...and this is exactly what I have been waiting for!!
Time will tell!!!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Just sent a similar email. We shall see how it goes
They came back telling me to go pound sand. Might have had something to do with the fact they comped me 5,000 points recently because my wife signed up for the card but I didn't "refer" her so I missed out on the 5k points, and weren't willing to do it again.

Oh, and they thanked me for being a member since 2001 right after they told me to F-off. Which I thought was classy.

Last edited by 2tall4economy; Jul 10, 2011 at 12:54 am
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
on frugal travel guy he wrote the following:

"I made mention on a Flyertalk thread that I am aware of three new offers this month. This is the first (The New Southwest Airlines Card). Number 2 and 3 involve my favorite credit card and my favorite airline. One is an increased signup bonus and one is an all new card. I can't say anymore so watch mid-July for more info."

So I will take a wild guess that after july 15 you can see on his website the link to this new SPG signup bonus...and this is exactly what I have been waiting for!!
Time will tell!!!
If only I would have known a month ago. siiiiiiiiiiigh

Last edited by 2tall4economy; Jul 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:51 pm

Anyone think this is a way to go..?
Planning on referring my wife with the 10+10k bonus, and if the 30k bonus comes out the next few days as wished by many than she [I] send a pm that just signed up for this lower bonus and its not fair to get less bla bla... I believe they will add the extra bonus this way we both earn.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by amrom
Anyone think this is a way to go..?
Planning on referring my wife with the 10+10k bonus, and if the 30k bonus comes out the next few days as wished by many than she [I] send a pm that just signed up for this lower bonus and its not fair to get less bla bla... I believe they will add the extra bonus this way we both earn.
I was planning to see what new card/bonus comes out and if it is referrable with the 10K referral bonus. Just hoping it comes out before the 10K referral goes away. Then I'll work on bumping myself to the new offer as well.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:09 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
I was planning to see what new card/bonus comes out and if it is referrable with the 10K referral bonus. Just hoping it comes out before the 10K referral goes away. Then I'll work on bumping myself to the new offer as well.

+1...........
Old Jul 11, 2011, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
When I check my account at americanexpress.com it says the 10k referral last's until July 25, 2011.

I sent a referral to my wife and the email she got was for the 10k + 15k after $15k in spend. The email said the offer expired August 10, 2011.

No harm in waiting until after July 15 to see what new offers come out. Then you can make a decision between July 15 and July 25.

Also, you can also generate the referral email anytime before July 25 but have until August 10 to apply.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
When I check my account at americanexpress.com it says the 10k referral last's until July 25, 2011.

I sent a referral to my wife and the email she got was for the 10k + 15k after $15k in spend. The email said the offer expired August 10, 2011.

No harm in waiting until after July 15 to see what new offers come out. Then you can make a decision between July 15 and July 25.

Also, you can also generate the referral email anytime before July 25 but have until August 10 to apply.
Is there a link for the 10k referral? I looked on the amex spg site and couldn't find it. I have an account and wanted to refer my wife and brother.

Thanks

Jim
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by jimlenz
Is there a link for the 10k referral? I looked on the amex spg site and couldn't find it. I have an account and wanted to refer my wife and brother.

Thanks

Jim
I get the link when I log in to my card account at www.americanexpress.com. Right on the Account Summary homepage, when you click on the card and the page slides down to reveal 4 boxes, one of the boxes has the link to refer the card.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
I get the link when I log in to my card account at www.americanexpress.com. Right on the Account Summary homepage, when you click on the card and the page slides down to reveal 4 boxes, one of the boxes has the link to refer the card.
Strange, I don't see that. I wonder if the referral bonus is targeted?

JL
Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by jimlenz
Strange, I don't see that. I wonder if the referral bonus is targeted?

JL
Log on and do a search for "referral" and there is a link that mentions the 10K referral bonus through 7/25 for SPG card members.

https://search.americanexpress.com/a.../1/kw/referral

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.