Reload this Page >

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:29 am

well what if I just want the card so I can spend to keep the points active?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:06 am

In that case, you should be able to get approval even if you apply right now. (Of course assuming that you credit score is high enough and you have not applied recently for another amex)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ia9561
I'm trying to get my wife's additional 20K on the personal card. Sent numerous SMs and they keep saying she has met the requirements, but the points never come through. They just said that it is being researched and would get the points within 1-2 billing cycles. I told them it's months behind already and now we need to wait 2 more months that there should be some bonus points for our frustration and they gave her 3K bonus.

Very frustrating because I received my points almost the day I hit the spending requirement, but for her's no such luck.
I experienced the same situation for the 20k bonus for my wife's card. I finally sent SM #3 a few days ago explaining that 5 billing cycles had already elapsed with no bonus points posted though we met the spending requirement 4 MONTHS ago. She finally received her bonus points TODAY!!!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
I recently got denied for the starwood preferred card. Is there any way that I could get Amex to reconsider my application? I have 740 FICO credit score, always pay my payments on time, and already got 3 amex card.

I was denied because:
Length of time accounts have been established.
Lack of recent information on installment accounts.
No recent revolving balances.
Too many inquiries in the last 12 months
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Does anyone have the promo code for the recent 30K offer
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:39 pm

Just another data point here. I asked to confirm the bonus offer when I activated my card, and I was told it was 10K + 15K. By the end of the discussion, she agreed I should email a screen print and the link to her supervisor to sort out the extra 5K. I also followed it up with a SM. The SM route resulted in a rejection claiming it was a targeted offer and that I would have to prove I was targeted. I did get 5K good will added to my account as a result of the phone calls.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
What are the top SPG point offers that have been out there for sign up?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:28 am

In August (on August 21, in fact) I signed up for the 10k after first use + 20k after $4,500 in spend offer. My wife did as well. We both signed up using the exact same affiliate link from one of our favorite bloggers.

The wife's bonus posted flawlessly. Mine never did, so I contacted AmEx via SM and they told me that according to their records, I applied for the standard 10k + 15k after $15k in spend. I'm 100% certain that I did not. Perhaps a technical error is to blame.

Regrettably, of course, I didn't take any screenshots. I ALWAYS take screenshots, and I can't explain why I didn't this time. I need a couple of favors.

If anyone has a screenshot they're willing to share of the July/August offer, could you please PM me?

If anyone has a phone number for AmEx SPG that will connect me directly to a helpful American CSR, could you share that with me?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
In August (on August 21, in fact) I signed up for the 10k after first use + 20k after $4,500 in spend offer. My wife did as well. We both signed up using the exact same affiliate link from one of our favorite bloggers.

The wife's bonus posted flawlessly. Mine never did, so I contacted AmEx via SM and they told me that according to their records, I applied for the standard 10k + 15k after $15k in spend. I'm 100% certain that I did not. Perhaps a technical error is to blame.

Regrettably, of course, I didn't take any screenshots. I ALWAYS take screenshots, and I can't explain why I didn't this time. I need a couple of favors.

If anyone has a screenshot they're willing to share of the July/August offer, could you please PM me?

If anyone has a phone number for AmEx SPG that will connect me directly to a helpful American CSR, could you share that with me?

Many thanks.
I'm in the same boat. What was the bonus ID when the offer was opened to all? Originally it was scheduled to end July 26, but then was extended into August. Have only rec'd 10k and nothing else despite having met the spend in October. Numerous SM's are getting me nowhere. Screenshot, bonus ID, POID,etc Here is the last response from AMEX (after about 6 inquiries from me):

As required in such a scenario, I have opened an investigation regarding Starwood account and their Customer Service unit will be researching and completing the investigation on your behalf.

The dispute reference number is XXXXXXX.

If we need any further information, they will contact you directly. When they complete their research, they will notify you in writing and provide a detailed explanation of the resolution of your inquiry.

If you still have proof of such a solicitation, please take a print shot of the document and the save it as a JPEG file, you can upload this document through the Document Center at americanexpress.com/documentcenter

You may also send us the screenshots at our correspondence address with details of your claim. Our address is

Membership Rewards Correspondence Unit
American Express Membership Rewards
P.O. Box 297813
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33329-7813

Fax number is 623-444-3000 or 623-444-3001

I hope this is more to your satisfaction. Feel free to contact us if you have any more issues. We will certainly guide you as required.
Sincerely,
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:26 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by thtsapaddlin; Dec 27, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.