Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Shouldn't be.

Log in your AMEX online and there should be a referral offer banner ad on the screen. That opens up to an offer identical to the current public offer.
Or go to https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...enCampId=20048 . Select the card to be referred (personal or biz) and you'll be directed to a login screen for your Amex account.

As Happy says, this works just fine. I even sent myself a test referral to make sure; the offer was for the full 10K + 20K.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Or go to https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...enCampId=20048 . Select the card to be referred (personal or biz) and you'll be directed to a login screen for your Amex account.

As Happy says, this works just fine. I even sent myself a test referral to make sure; the offer was for the full 10K + 20K.
I had so much trouble trying to send the invite from the earlier targeted referral bonus offer email that I wound up just using the link on AMEX online after logged in. The expiration date of the offer is all over the place - from Aug 10 to Aug 22 with different dates in between!

beltway, do you know of the links for 1K bonus add authorized user?

I believe I have seen a no spend link and a $500? spend link before but could not find it now.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I had so much trouble trying to send the invite from the earlier targeted referral bonus offer email that I wound up just using the link on AMEX online after logged in. The expiration date of the offer is all over the place - from Aug 10 to Aug 22 with different dates in between
Everything I've seen is consistent. Referrals have to be made by 8/10, but the underlying offer runs through 8/22.

beltway, do you know of the links for 1K bonus add authorized user?

I believe I have seen a no spend link and a $500? spend link before but could not find it now.
Read post #2#157.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Read post #2#157.
Thanks! ^
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:18 pm

I'm still a bit of a newbie to this I'm curious to hear what people think.

I'm moving from the states to Canada next month. So should I grab this offer while I still can?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geo_flyer
I'm still a bit of a newbie to this I'm curious to hear what people think.

I'm moving from the states to Canada next month. So should I grab this offer while I still can?
If you can make the spend of 4,500 while you are still in the States, why not?

Keep in mind this card carries 3% forex fee, and AMEX has an inflated exchange rate when translates currency.

So if you have to fulfill your spend when you are already in Canada, be prepared to be hit by a padding of 2+% on your charge in CAD when translated to USD, AND a 2.7% forex fee.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:32 pm

link

I am having a problem with the referral link today (its not saying there is a problem with the system) and was wondering if others are having similar issues.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:56 pm

Recorded under wrong offer

I'm having some issues getting credit for this bonus offer. I applied the first day the offer came out (apparently when they were having issues). When I clicked on the link everything was kosher 10K bonus, 20K after $4500.

However, AMEX is saying their records show I signed up for the 10K, then 15K after $15K in spending. I've emailed them 3X disputing it and offering to give screen shots (which I forgot to do All they've offered is 5K courtesy points, but that won't make me whole as I won't be able to spend $15K in 6 months, I was going to have a difficult time with $4500. Any thoughts/ideas?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

How long does it take to get the card? Both my wife and I got instant approvals Saturday, just hoping we get it before the 10th!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:33 pm

Getting authorized users

Wondering if anybody has tried this and what the results are....I have two family members who already have the Amex SPG (through my referral), would I be able to also sign them up as authorized users under me? This way I can get their points (they are not in the same household) for the charges? Just wondering if Amex would see they already have other cards in the credit check and deny them additional ones. Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by nic3456
I'm having some issues getting credit for this bonus offer. I applied the first day the offer came out (apparently when they were having issues). When I clicked on the link everything was kosher 10K bonus, 20K after $4500.

However, AMEX is saying their records show I signed up for the 10K, then 15K after $15K in spending. I've emailed them 3X disputing it and offering to give screen shots (which I forgot to do All they've offered is 5K courtesy points, but that won't make me whole as I won't be able to spend $15K in 6 months, I was going to have a difficult time with $4500. Any thoughts/ideas?
You got further than I did...while I didn't apply under the wrong, I asked to be moved since I got my card literally 3 weeks before the new offer. CS told me no twice...i'm gonna push and try to get the $4500 spend in the 3 months and then send them another email and see if i can get lucky. Good luck.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Smidget
How long does it take to get the card? Both my wife and I got instant approvals Saturday, just hoping we get it before the 10th!
About a week.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by nic3456

You should have signed up using a referral from an existing cardmember, many of us would have helped you. Other than that, you can only continue to pester them.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ddfr
I am having a problem with the referral link today (its not saying there is a problem with the system) and was wondering if others are having similar issues.
Referral link just worked fine for me for the personal card.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Smidget
Applied Friday and received my card via FEDEX yesterday!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.