[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by NYmetsfan111
Can I apply for both personal and business cards at the same time? Is it similar to the 3 Citi AA strategy?
Citi strategy/ies are not relevant here. That said, yes, you may apply for both, either at the same time or on different days; makes no difference.

One person for whom I did referrals reported that the 2d card (in that case, business) was not approved instantly. When they called Amex, the CSR said that a second close-in-time app tends to get extra attention to prevent identity theft. Perhaps so, perhaps not; don't be surprised if only one app gets approved immediately.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Yes you can, very easy.
Originally Posted by beltway
Citi strategy/ies are not relevant here. That said, yes, you may apply for both, either at the same time or on different days; makes no difference.

One person for whom I did referrals reported that the 2d card (in that case, business) was not approved instantly. When they called Amex, the CSR said that a second close-in-time app tends to get extra attention to prevent identity theft. Perhaps so, perhaps not; don't be surprised if only one app gets approved immediately.
Thanks. Would applying for both of the same day result in one pull?
So applying for the Personal card before the deadline of Aug 22nd won't hurt my chances of applying for the business the next time theres a great day?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 pm

Thanks. Would applying for both of the same day result in one pull?
So applying for the Personal card before the deadline of Aug 22nd won't hurt my chances of applying for the business the next time theres a great day?
Not at all. I just got the spg biz card after having the personal for two years. Already got my 10k bonus points two days after the first purchase.

As far as one pull, don't know. However i applied for the biz two weeks ago and I have yet to see the hit on my credit report as of today.

PM me for a personal referral if you want
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Not at all. I just got the spg biz card after having the personal for two years. Already got my 10k bonus points two days after the first purchase.

As far as one pull, don't know. However i applied for the biz two weeks ago and I have yet to see the hit on my credit report as of today.

PM me for a personal referral if you want
thanks for the info.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:04 pm

Referral bonuses are already starting to post:

+5000 SPG AX LOYALTY BONUS-ALL (08/xx/2011)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH

I got my first one on July 27.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
I got my first one on July 27.
I know I have 1 referee approved on July 26, and another one approved on July 27. I got only one 5K bonus posted on Aug 1st. The 2nd one is missing.

The only difference between the 2 approvals are, the July 27 is an instant approval, the July 26 is a deferred approval.

Has anyone's missed any bonuses from approved referrees?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:26 pm

Can I reffer my spouse? Can somebody explain how to do a referral?
Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by nowornever
Can I reffer my spouse? Can somebody explain how to do a referral?
Thanks
Do you only get referral options if you get the card? and is everyone qualified to refer someone else?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:11 am

Do you only get referral options if you get the card?
Yes. You can't refer somebody for a specific card (say, SPG biz) unless you have one (i.e., are the primary cardholder).

and is everyone qualified to refer someone else?
It depends on the offer. Sometimes only certain members get invited to refer; sometimes everyone can refer. The most recent offer (30K) went through both stages. The official referral deadline was last night, so although one could still try to refer -- when I checked this morning, the links were still up -- it's not at all clear the referring party would get the bonus.

Last edited by beltway; Aug 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
When I log into Amex's website, it gives me a banner for referrals and it says that I can make the referral for the 30,000 point offer until August 18. I saw this last night, too. Is anyone else getting this?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Is anyone else getting this?
I do see that as well.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:08 pm

Really? I just got the AMEX HHonors and contacted AMEX about the SPG and they said that it was only one AMEX card per 90 days. I wonder...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by BadTime
Really? I just got the AMEX HHonors and contacted AMEX about the SPG and they said that it was only one AMEX card per 90 days. I wonder...
Definitely not true. I got an Amex MR card in mid-May, and then an SPG Amex in late July -- unquestionably under 90 days.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:37 pm

I've used this link to refer friends to the 30k offer:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...R&om_lid=axp15

Now it is not working. Working for anyone else?

When I log into my SPG account, my banner is to refer the Platinum card and that link doesn't work either.

Anyone have a new refer a friend link I can use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.