[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by chemist661
One World 150K business class award. One can fly up to 25K BIS miles in Biz class on various One World airlines. (BA, JAL, Qantas, Cathay, etc)

Assumes one applies for two 75K cards & both miles post.

I only applied for one 75K promo.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by QL_714
Has anybody applied for two business cards using two different business names? How about three or four?
What tax IDs would you use? Remember they still do credit checks and the tax information needs to be valid.

Let's don't everyone get greedy - they can pull the offer at anytime.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by deant
What tax IDs would you use? Remember they still do credit checks and the tax information needs to be valid.

I was just wondering but to answer your question you use your SS# for SP's.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Can an individual apply for the CitiBusiness card?

Also, as I've never owned a business card, are the payment terms same as individual cards? For example do I have to pay in full each month or are they the same as individual cards where I can pay say half what I used on month A and the other half on month B?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Can an individual apply for the CitiBusiness card?

Also, as I've never owned a business card, are the payment terms same as individual cards? For example do I have to pay in full each month or are they the same as individual cards where I can pay say half what I used on month A and the other half on month B?
If you are going to carry a balance, the reward card interest rate is very high. AA cards range between 9.24 to 13.24% based on what I see on our cards.

Default rate is 29.99% in case you dont know, the issuers can raise your rate to the default rate which does not need you to be in default but anything you slip up, such as an accidental late-payment.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deant

+1.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Happy
If you are going to carry a balance, the reward card interest rate is very high. AA cards range between 9.24 to 13.24% based on what I see on our cards.

Default rate is 29.99% in case you dont know, the issuers can raise your rate to the default rate which does not need you to be in default but anything you slip up, such as an accidental late-payment.
Oh, I never do a late payment as I process them via my bank's online billpay feature as soon as I get the statement via e-mail. If I get a $1000 statement on card A for the July bill, I'll process payment for $500 for that card to be paid the very next day via online bill pay and setup the remainder for the next month. During that time I don't use that card.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: Focus Programs: Air: AA, AC, AS, WN Hotel: Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by buschoi
This should be in another AA thread, but the answer is no charge to change the dates of the flights given the new flights are within a year of the initial ticketing, same departure and destination cities, and same carrier(s).

This should be over the BA forum, too, but I thought BA award tickets can change the dates for free before the first departure. After that, no change is allowed even with a fee.
Agree with buschoi, here are the T&C from BAEC regarding award changes:

14.1. Changes to bookings for Award travel on flights operated by British Airways or Airline Partners are permitted only in respect of date, time, class of service and (subject to Clause 14.2) route. Such changes may only be made by the Member or an individual nominated in accordance with Clause 3.13. If more than one Part Cash Part Miles price option is available for a British Airways flight, it is not possible to change the price option chosen by a Member after a booking has been made. All permitted changes are subject to capacity limitations and may not be made after the time 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Award travel itinerary. A fee as specified on ba.com may be payable for each permitted change. For the avoidance of doubt, name changes are not permitted.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
If my wife signs up for the card, can I have the bonus miles post to my account using my AA# or does it have to post to her account?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:18 pm

Do you think AA will ever release this promotion outside of an e-mail? I'm trying to convince a few family members to sign up for the 75,000 deal, and it would be nice if I could give them an official promotion site rather than a site I found here.

I'm extremely grateful that the receivers of the e-mails pasted the links into this thread. However, as Happy said, since the site you apply at has NO information about the card you're applying for, it is a leap of faith. I'm willing to take that leap because I have learned a great deal of useful information from this site, but my beloved may not.

Will this offer remain forever only in e-mails, the glorious official 75,000 number seen by only a select few? </3
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rayhurst
If my wife signs up for the card, can I have the bonus miles post to my account using my AA# or does it have to post to her account?
It has to post to her account. They check the names of the accounts.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Hmm, I applied for the 50k/50k Visa card first, and then the 75k Amex about 5 mins later. Got through the first app to the 5th step (with the reference number) but with it needing further processing. The second app wouldn't let me go past the 3rd step. I've never had any AA cards before. Did I wait too long between apps? Or did it not matter, and should I just call up tomorrow and see what's going on?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dinosims
Hmm, I applied for the 50k/50k Visa card first, and then the 75k Amex about 5 mins later. Got through the first app to the 5th step (with the reference number) but with it needing further processing. The second app wouldn't let me go past the 3rd step. I've never had any AA cards before. Did I wait too long between apps? Or did it not matter, and should I just call up tomorrow and see what's going on?
Just call - but make separate calls on each application. No one knows how the Citi system works.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: AS, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by MoorishIdol
I thought I'd report my experience.

I applied for both the personal AMEX and VISA simultaneously this morning, using two separate browsers, but only made it to Step 3. So I'm not too hopeful.

I'll post the outcome. . . .

Yep, I got the official denial late yesterday evening, for not being a first-time card holder:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you previously had a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account
with us.

I applied for both the AMEX and the personal VISA 75k(I've had one of each card previously, both cancelled early this year). At least I only got one hard pull from Equifax that they used for both accounts.

I might apply for the business VISA in Oct before the offer is set to expire. I've never had that one before.

This was too good of an offer not to at least try for it!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Received the following email 2 days after applying:

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Platinum Select(R) /
AAdvantage(R) Visa Signature(R) account. Unfortunately, we are
unable to approve your request for the account at this time
because of the following:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you previously had a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account
with us.

Here's what you should know
Our credit decision was based, in whole or in part, on
information obtained in a report from the following consumer
reporting agency:

Equifax Credit Information Service
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
1-800-685-1111

Some important information
You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to
know the information contained in your credit file at the
consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played
no part in our decision and is unable to supply the
specific reasons why we have denied credit to you.

Free copy of your credit report
We encourage you to review your credit report for accuracy.
You also have a right to a free copy of your credit
report from the consumer reporting agency, if you request
it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice.
In addition, if you find that any information contained
in the report you receive is inaccurate or incomplete, you
have a right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency.

If your credit report contained incorrect information,
please send us a complete copy of your updated credit report
within 30 days to

Citibank (South Dakota), NA
c/o Citicorp Credit Services, Inc.
PO Box 6495
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6495

so that we can reevaluate your application. Be sure to
include the reference number listed above. Do not provide
this information by replying to this email, as we cannot
process individual messages arriving at this address.

If your financial situation changes and you would like
to reapply for an account, visit us at www.citicards.com.
We appreciate your interest and hope to have the opportunity
to fulfill your request in the future.

Sincerely,

R. M. Pick
Credit Operations Department

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.