Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I saw a question asked before, but haven't seen an answer, so I'd just like to ask it again:

Is it possible to get multiple business cards using multiple business names even if I'm just using my SS# as a sole prop.?

I'm not talking about 10, just like 2. I actually do have several different things that I do on the side to make money, so it would actually be legit for me to have two different business cards w/different business names.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a response on it.

Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I saw a question asked before, but haven't seen an answer, so I'd just like to ask it again:

Is it possible to get multiple business cards using multiple business names even if I'm just using my SS# as a sole prop.?
I can't see any reason you wouldn't. Having different cards for different busineses is pretty common, but I highly doubt you'd get the bonus for each card
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL KM, AA, AVIS First
Just used the link for the 50K/50K Personal Visa, was instantly approved. Called and confirmed the application and the bonus.

I have never had a Citibank card before. I will probably apply for the Buisness Visa as well.

I cannot believe how close I was last week to jumping on that 30K promo, Thank you FT
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
I can't see any reason you wouldn't. Having different cards for different busineses is pretty common, but I highly doubt you'd get the bonus for each card
I would have to disagree with both parts of your answer. Although I do not have experience applying for multiple business cards at once, I would guess that the old 1 business card per 90 days would still be in effect. That said, if one were approved for two business cards under this offer, I would think it likely that you'd get bonuses for all cards approved as Citi very seldom withholds bonus points once the account is approved and spending requirements are met.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Wife and I each denied.... Applied for Citi Cards that we'd never had before (Personal VISA for me and AMEX for Wife)... reply cited previous CitiCard customers ineligible

No current CitiCards open and no card requests in about 6 Months for either of us.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:05 pm

Fingers crossed

Originally Posted by DCfree
I applied for and received the 35k offer personal MC just before these offers were posted here. I nonetheless tried for the 50/50 personal Visa and was turned down fairly promptly, with the reason given that I am not a first time Citibank/AA cardholder.

I also just applied last week for the 30K + 5K and was instantly approved. A day later the 75K offer came out. I called customer services and begged but they said there was no way to change my offer. Today I called and asked the "application status" rep if I could change my offer. They advised me to reapply for the offer I want and then call back. So I followed their advice and applied, got to Step 3 then called. Since I never activated my new card they told me they were going to cancel my current card I received this week and that should allow me to get the 75K offer. They also said they would monitor the process so if for some odd reason my newest application is denied, my 30+5K offer will still be valid! So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

By the way, I've searched all over and can't find a definition for YMMV or whatever I keep reading. Please explain.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:16 pm

glossary

By the way, I've searched all over and can't find a definition for YMMV or whatever I keep reading. Please explain.[/QUOTE]

at the top of the page under the "help" tab is the "glossary" you can look up many confusing abbreviations there.

People who "look" for answers in large threads should try the SEARCH feature it will find what your looking for without you having to read 400 posts.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by swat16
By the way, I've searched all over and can't find a definition for YMMV or whatever I keep reading. Please explain.
I'd guess that for some reason "search all over" does not include Google: http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by wise2u
at the top of the page under the "help" tab is the "glossary" you can look up many confusing abbreviations there.

People who "look" for answers in large threads should try the SEARCH feature it will find what your looking for without you having to read 400 posts.[/QUOTE]

Your Mileage May Vary, just another way to say we're not too sure what's going to happen, but give it a try.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521

I'm not talking about 10, just like 2. I actually do have several different things that I do on the side to make money, so it would actually be legit for me to have two different business cards w/different business names.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a response on it.

Thanks a lot!
That should be doable, as i have a similar setup with my business.

Last edited by angelaborough; Aug 20, 2010 at 1:01 pm
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:07 pm

Credit Score

I am wondering how does it affect credit score if I open 3 credit cards in short time. I opened BA chase card during 100K offer and AMEX SPG card during 30K offer. So if I open third credit card within 4 months, will it bring my credit score down? how many points?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:08 pm

doubts, but WTH

I have said early on that I'm skeptical about some things on this offer. Like I doubt that even if you are approved for 2 business cards or 2 personal cards that you will get the bonus for both. I think that being greedy and applying for 3 cards on this offer might raise a flag and cause them to look closer at your offers and eligability, just my opinion. I originally thought this had to be a targeted offer, but after seeing posts about the links for different people being the same, I agree that the links are generic. I have little experience with Citi and don't know if they will come back and demand the original e-mail in order to get the points, so I decided today to ride the wave of optimism and apply for myself. I had a citi MC about 3 or 4 years ago and dumped them after a bad CSR pissed me off. If i had known about churning back then i would have stuck around and milked them. Anyway was approved for 75k offers on personal and business visa today. This after getting personal and business SPG cards last month. I figure I have little to lose, so if citi doesnt come through with the points no big cry....if they do I will be pleasantly surprised. Unlike some other posters here I'm not going to make plans on how to spend them before they show up in my account.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Unlike some other posters here I'm not going to make plans on how to spend them before they show up in my account.

Exactly. I will call after the cards arrive to confirm the miles bonus. Hopefully they will agree with what i am expecting. Guess it becomes a wait and see after reaching the spend requirement. I won't believe any of it until miles post
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: No preference
I have said early on that I'm skeptical about some things on this offer. Like I doubt that even if you are approved for 2 business cards or 2 personal cards that you will get the bonus for both. I think that being greedy and applying for 3 cards on this offer might raise a flag and cause them to look closer at your offers and eligability, just my opinion. I originally thought this had to be a targeted offer, but after seeing posts about the links for different people being the same, I agree that the links are generic. I have little experience with Citi and don't know if they will come back and demand the original e-mail in order to get the points, so I decided today to ride the wave of optimism and apply for myself. I had a citi MC about 3 or 4 years ago and dumped them after a bad CSR pissed me off. If i had known about churning back then i would have stuck around and milked them. Anyway was approved for 75k offers on personal and business visa today. This after getting personal and business SPG cards last month. I figure I have little to lose, so if citi doesnt come through with the points no big cry....if they do I will be pleasantly surprised. Unlike some other posters here I'm not going to make plans on how to spend them before they show up in my account.
... debbie downer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.