[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Another data point here. Have had (and still do have) the Citi Personal MC for the last 3 years and the AmEx for the last year.

Signed up for the CitiBusiness Visa without any issue (other than ~10 mins on hold). Confirmed 50+50 offer with the agent. Like others will believe it when I see the miles hit my account.

Added benefit that this will push me over 1M lifetime miles ^
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by JordyC
Great thread, and after much reading, I think I'm ready to dive in and go for all three cards that I have seen links to (Visa, Visa Business, and Amex). Two quick questions about getting approved:

1. I recently received my credit reports and noticed that my current address is not listed there. In fact, I believe I have no actual "legal ties" to this address. Will this be a problem?
You can update your address on your credit report and should do so if you want credit applications to be approved without a hassle.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:49 pm

another data point. canceled my personal citi mc in april and only has a business card. applied for the personal visa card but was rejected since "the offer is for first time card holder only".
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
oh oh

Ok, this is new I think:

I applied (for my wife) and when I clicked to submit the application it took an unusually long amount of time and finally gave me this:

-----
A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Be assured that we have received it and there is no need to resubmit. We will contact you at the mailing address you provided as soon as it is processed. Thank you!
------

This was the 75k Visa Business...which I think my wife did not have before. She cancelled the personal Visa and AMEX in February 2010....Yes I know, I am not too hopeful, I just could not resist
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I currently hold a Citi personal MC and Citi business MC. I applied for (and was approved after calling in with application number received at step 5) for BOTH the Citi personal Visa and Citi personal Amex. Received the Visa card today, as well as a separate congratulations letter via snail mail. Also received the congratulations letter on the Amex today, so I expect to get the Amex tomorrow. Neither the information with the card nor the congratulations letters set forth the mileage/spend requirement. When I called to activate the Visa, the rep confirmed the mileage/spend requirement (without my revealing it).
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Question

Well, as a former AAdvantage Mastercard customer I decided to go ahead and give the application a try (I received an email directly a few days ago.)

Like others have reported I got to the 3rd screen and then a confirmation message said that I would receive an email within a week with the decision. Does this mean it's a no-go?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by flyupfront
Well, as a former AAdvantage Mastercard customer I decided to go ahead and give the application a try (I received an email directly a few days ago.)

Like others have reported I got to the 3rd screen and then a confirmation message said that I would receive an email within a week with the decision. Does this mean it's a no-go?
Me: had at least one previous Citi/AA personal visa opened and closed about 3-4 years ago. Had at least 3-4 prior citi/AA business card within last 4-5 years.

Applied 7-1 for 50/50 personal visa but received strange error message when finished all steps. Called automated number, stated app pending.
Applied 7-3 for 50/50 biz visa, received instant approval 11k line. Called today 8-4, was told approved for 11k on personal visa

hopefully, cards will arrive, told should get by 8-9. Confirmed with phone reps about 50/50 promo
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Are people finding Citi is more likely to approve if applying for the 2 cards (personal & business) at the same time, as opposed to waiting a week between the two?

I got approved for the Visa Business last week. I've never had a Citi AA card before (just a Citi Rewards) and want to apply for a personal AA (Amex), though really don't want to get declined...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I currently hold a Citi personal MC and Citi business MC. I applied for (and was approved after calling in with application number received at step 5) for BOTH the Citi personal Visa and Citi personal Amex.
When were you existing cards open? Have you had sign up bonuses on those before?

The information may offer hints on how far back Citi looks for "previous cardholder".
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I have had the Citi business MC for more than 10 years (it is still open). I have had the Citi personal MC for 5 years (it is still open).
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:44 pm

And yes, I did receive sign up bonuses when the cards were intially opened.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Do we have any reports of bonuses posting of yet? I haven't seen any so far in the thread.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: Lotz
I've had a Citi AA personal Mastercard for 21 years and in late May they opened two new AA cards for me on same day (1 personal Amex, 1 Visa business) and I got the 30K mileage bonuses.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had the Citi business MC for more than 10 years (it is still open). I have had the Citi personal MC for 5 years (it is still open).
And yes, I did receive sign up bonuses when the cards were intially opened.
It is very important to note the existing cardholders who got approvals seem to be those who have their cards since looong time ago, or those who have mastercard gold / bronze that were available longtime ago.

I believe the sign up bonuses back then would be a few thousands for the 10 years old and may be 10K on the 5 years old one.

The screening list probably is made up by cards opened in the past 12 to 24 months when sign up bonuses were 20, 25, 30, 35K.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 5, 2010 at 10:23 am
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Do we have any reports of bonuses posting of yet? I haven't seen any so far in the thread.
You got to be kidding... These offers have become available on July 30, not even a full week ago and you expect to read posts about bonuses being posted?

People who got approved may not even receive their cards or just receive them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.