[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:33 pm

Credit Score

I am wondering how does it affect credit score if I open 3 credit cards in short time. I opened BA chase card during 100K offer and AMEX SPG card during 30K offer. So if I open third credit card within 4 months, will it bring my credit score down? how many points?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nm00
I am wondering how does it affect credit score if I open 3 credit cards in short time. I opened BA chase card during 100K offer and AMEX SPG card during 30K offer. So if I open third credit card within 4 months, will it bring my credit score down? how many points?
That all 100% depends on your current score and all the things that go into it.

But, I will say that 3 cards in 4 months isn't exactly a "short time"... at least not to me.

Since December, I've applied for (and received) 8 cards. The only one I've been denied for is one of these AA cards and that's because I've already got a personal and business version.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
He didn't lie. You can be a business. Ever heard of a consultant?
I have a bridge to sell you if interested!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:47 pm

- Deleted
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:55 pm

Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Originally Posted by QL_714
So you lied on the app? Great advice!!!
No...I didn't lie. You assumed. And you know what they say about assumptions.

I stated in an earlier post that I don't own a business per se. That's true, but also stated that I am an attorney and I applied under my working title. So, my business Visa card will read SoSiouxme, Esq.

This actually will come in handy as I do side work (as a consultant) in my own name and not under the guise of my firm.

As a licensed attorney, I'm quite touchy about being called a liar. Believe me, my bar card is not worth 100000 miles.

I think you owe me an apology.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:58 pm
Suspended

"This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card."
But his question relates to different businesses

If I have business 1 - "Stoughton Heavy Demolition" and business 2 - "Stoughton Daycare", and both are sole proprietorship and neither have EIN, can I get a card for each AND can I get the bonus for each

I'm thinking that using the SSN vs EIN would prevent him from getting the bonus miles (but this is just speculation)
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I know I am a lowely newbie, but this thread is full of people repeating the same questions over and over and it's not all their fault. FT needs something similar to FatWallet's QuickSummary. I think this would make everyone's life a bit easier. I can't be the first person to suggest this. Trying to find the post where the guy summarized the links in this thread is like finding a needle in a haystack. Can we at least put his post at the top of the thread? Mods...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
No...I didn't lie. You assumed. And you know what they say about assumptions.

I stated in an earlier post that I don't own a business per se. That's true, but also stated that I am an attorney and I applied under my working title. So, my business Visa card will read SoSiouxme, Esq.

This actually will come in handy as I do side work (as a consultant) in my own name and not under the guise of my firm.

As a licensed attorney, I'm quite touchy about being called a liar. Believe me, my bar card is not worth 100000 miles.

I think you owe me an apology.
Actually I did not assume anything. If someone states they don’t own a business it is pretty clear to me. If you do consulting on the side then you do own the business, correct? I don’t recall calling anyone a liar. I asked a question. If you were offended then I do apologize!!!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
I also just applied last week for the 30K + 5K and was instantly approved. A day later the 75K offer came out. I called customer services and begged but they said there was no way to change my offer. Today I called and asked the "application status" rep if I could change my offer. They advised me to reapply for the offer I want and then call back. So I followed their advice and applied, got to Step 3 then called. Since I never activated my new card they told me they were going to cancel my current card I received this week and that should allow me to get the 75K offer. They also said they would monitor the process so if for some odd reason my newest application is denied, my 30+5K offer will still be valid! So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

By the way, I've searched all over and can't find a definition for YMMV or whatever I keep reading. Please explain.

Great result. Unfortunately for me, I've already activated and used the 30+5k card. I might try this anyway just in case, but I don't want to submit too many cc applications as I've done 4 apps in the past 30 days what with the SPG offer and all.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:27 pm

Smile Account Approval for Previous Cardholder

FWIW, I had a Citi AA Mastercard through May 2009, then I canceled it because of the annual fee. (Had a CL of $15,000 at the time.) I just applied for the Personal Visa 75K offer using the link in post #201 and received instant approval with a CL of $8000. I'll certainly apply for the AMEX, also.

I have a good credit score (north of 800) and only two pulls from AMEX SPG apps last month.

As my status will indicate, I'm new to FT and the world of accruing miles with credit cards. Many thanks for those who've posted details about these offers from AA. I'm on my way!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Actually I did not assume anything. If someone states they don’t own a business it is pretty clear to me. If you do consulting on the side then you do own the business, correct? I don’t recall calling anyone a liar. I asked a question. If you were offended then I do apologize!!!
3:00 PM. bike racks outside of school.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by A Real Journey
FWIW, I had a Citi AA Mastercard through May 2009, then I canceled it because of the annual fee. (Had a CL of $15,000 at the time.) I just applied for the Personal Visa 75K offer using the link in post #201 and received instant approval with a CL of $8000. I'll certainly apply for the AMEX, also.

I have a good credit score (north of 800) and only two pulls from AMEX SPG apps last month.

As my status will indicate, I'm new to FT and the world of accruing miles with credit cards. Many thanks for those who've posted details about these offers from AA. I'm on my way!
Let us know when you receive the card.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
I'd guess that for some reason "search all over" does not include Google: http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Good advice. I used Google to search for day counter. Then I counted the days between May 30, 2007 (the day you joined at the latest) and today. It's 1,162 days. You've post 2,515 messages for an average of 2.16 posts per day. Are all your posts so pointless?

TTGAL = time to get a life
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
I've had an AA gold MC for almost two years. It's coming up for renewal and thus the annual fee, so I've decided to go on the hunt for another AA Citi card. Came across this promo - couldn't he happier to have found it!

So I decided to apply for the personal Visa 75k offer via one of the links in this thread. I was doubtful I'd have my app approved because of other comments in this thread. But I tried anyway. Got past step 3, so I began to get excited. Got to step 5 and it said that they needed to review my app further. A box popped up prompting me to chat with an agent online - I do so and she let me know that I was approved for the card with a $7,500 limit and confirmed that I signed up under the 75k promo. Hooray!!!

So just because you've had one of their cards in the past or possibly even currently have one, doesn't mean you'll be denied. Another data point, I moved since I got the previous AA MC - shouldn't matter, but maybe it does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.