Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:09 pm

Can somebody please reply to this thread?

I'm sorry for re-posting, but nobody has replied yet. I'm sure many of us have the same questions in mind, so tips /advice would benefit us all

To add to the original message, I'm NOT an AAdvantage member and I never had AAdvantage /Citi cards before. Thanks!

Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
I'm a relative newbie here, but I've been following this thread. This looks like too good an offer to pass!

I applied for the United 50k offer (April) and the SPG Amex 30k offer (last month) and was approved for both.

I have some questions:

1] It is clearly mentioned that this offer is open till October 31? If that is the case, I think I should wait till September or so (since I was approved for SPG Amex just last month!). I don't want too many inquiries within a short time.

2] For those who applied for both the AA Amex and AA Visa, did you guys apply on the same day at the exact same time (by opening the two applications in two browser windows?).

Please let me know your comments. I want to make sure I'm familiar with all the tricks when I apply

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:18 pm

Personal and Business Visa Approved Same Day

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Let us know when you receive the card.
Needless to say, I haven't yet received a card, but I did apply for the Business Visa immediately after applying for (and receiving approval for) the Personal Visa.

I am a sole proprietor of a business that earns about $5000 in annual revenue, so that's what I specified in the online application. One need not have a separate business name or EIN to apply for this (or any) business credit card.

While I didn't receive immediate approval online (the third step), I did go on to the fifth step where I was told to call (866) 606-2961 if I would like an immediate decision on my application.

I spoke with a very helpful CSR, and within 10 mins, she confirmed that I had been approved for the Visa Business card with a $17,500 CL. I asked her, "Could you verify the promotions on this card, including the fee waiver for the first 12 months and any bonus miles associated with signing up?"

A few clicks of her keyboard later and she confirmed the fee waiver for the first 12 mos and a 75K mileage bonus after spending $1,500 in the first 6 mos. I then took a (small) risk and asked her to confirm whether the fee waiver and mileage bonus also were the same for the Personal Visa application that had been approved online. She confirmed they were the same.

So far, so good. Now I'll simply wait for the cards, the coinage , and the miles to post to my AA account.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
I've had an AA gold MC for almost two years. It's coming up for renewal and thus the annual fee, so I've decided to go on the hunt for another AA Citi card. Came across this promo - couldn't he happier to have found it!

So I decided to apply for the personal Visa 75k offer via one of the links in this thread. I was doubtful I'd have my app approved because of other comments in this thread. But I tried anyway. Got past step 3, so I began to get excited. Got to step 5 and it said that they needed to review my app further. A box popped up prompting me to chat with an agent online - I do so and she let me know that I was approved for the card with a $7,500 limit and confirmed that I signed up under the 75k promo. Hooray!!!

So just because you've had one of their cards in the past or possibly even currently have one, doesn't mean you'll be denied. Another data point, I moved since I got the previous AA MC - shouldn't matter, but maybe it does.
...and just because you get approved and have a CSR confirm the point amount doesnt mean you will get them.
You guys say the "jig is up" on citi and then you expect them to suddenly get lax with a 75k offer? If you are a current cardmember you are technically ineligable for the points and they dont have to give them to you, despite everyones assurances that if your approved the points are yours guarunteed. peoples opinions here and a CSR in India's say so are not worth anything. Get it in writing and you have something, otherwise you have nothing but the T&C saying no way Jose, even if you have the offer e-mail (which most people don't) they dont have to give you squat if your not a first time cardmember.
I believe you can get 2 business cards with different names on them but they might have to be connected to the same account. If you can get 2 business accounts you will not get the bonus twice because they are both tied to your ss#.....once again I dont think citi is suddenly that slack.

The links to all the card offers is on page 14...post 201

sorry to be a pessimist, but when i'm wrong i'm pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by wise2u
...and just because you get approved and have a CSR confirm the point amount doesnt mean you will get them.
You guys say the "jig is up" on citi and then you expect them to suddenly get lax with a 75k offer? If you are a current cardmember you are technically ineligable for the points and they dont have to give them to you, despite everyones assurances that if your approved the points are yours guarunteed. peoples opinions here and a CSR in India's say so are not worth anything. Get it in writing and you have something, otherwise you have nothing but the T&C saying no way Jose, even if you have the offer e-mail (which most people don't) they dont have to give you squat if your not a first time cardmember.
I believe you can get 2 business cards with different names on them but they might have to be connected to the same account. If you can get 2 business accounts you will not get the bonus twice because they are both tied to your ss#.....once again I dont think citi is suddenly that slack.

sorry to be a pessimist, but when i'm wrong i'm pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed.
Wow. I bet you are a treat to hang out with.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:47 pm

If you can get 2 business accounts you will not get the bonus twice because they are both tied to your ss#.....once again I dont think citi is suddenly that slack.
Not according to the T&C’s!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by A Real Journey

I spoke with a very helpful CSR, and within 10 mins, she confirmed that I had been approved for the Visa Business card with a $17,500 CL. I asked her, "Could you verify the promotions on this card, including the fee waiver for the first 12 months and any bonus miles associated with signing up?"
Can anyone provide insight to what they ask you during this conversation? I tried to call but they required my wife to be on the phone since she was the applicant and has the side business. She doesn't like dealing with this kind of stuff so I want to try to prep her with what to say. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by neva6
Can anyone provide insight to what they ask you during this conversation? I tried to call but they required my wife to be on the phone since she was the applicant and has the side business. She doesn't like dealing with this kind of stuff so I want to try to prep her with what to say. Thanks.
I know that they want the confirmation number that comes up when you finish the app.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
When is this offer ending?

Does anybody have any idea when this offer is ending?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: Depends on the card offers :)
Getting approved

Great thread, and after much reading, I think I'm ready to dive in and go for all three cards that I have seen links to (Visa, Visa Business, and Amex). Two quick questions about getting approved:

1. I recently received my credit reports and noticed that my current address is not listed there. In fact, I believe I have no actual "legal ties" to this address. Will this be a problem?

2. What is the best way to answer the question on annual income. Truthfully I imagine but what affect does it have? I earn very little, but they'd probably already know that right? I honestly don't even know what I make in a year, but it isn't much. Will this matter?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman

I did get it in writing. When you chat online with a representative, you can take a screen shot and voila...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by neva6
Mr. Balima is a current AA M/C holder and applied for the AMEX business. He was given a APP ID and a number to call. They asked for the APP ID, his secret question answer, his social security number. He was put on hold and 5 minutes later was told his credit limit and 100,000 miles here we come.

I also applied for the AA VISA personal account and was accepted within minutes on line. WooHoo for another 100,000. Thank you FT!!!
I'm going to apply for a business card under my name in a few weeks. I'll just go for the 75,000 on that one to make life easier.

Love the game.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
OK, just applied form my wife for Visa/AmEx for 75k. Her's was different she was immediately approved online. No calling. I guess my other citi cards were in my name. However it doesn't say anything about miles when approved. Should we call or just assume? I had to call for both my cards yesterday and both confirmed 75k.

So if this works that would be cool.... 300k
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by swat16
Good advice. Are all your posts so pointless?
Yes, many of them are: People have told me that many of my questions were easily answered by a simple search.

Anyway, please forgive me for not spelling out my point more explicitly. It was: If you had done a Google search for YMMV, one of the very top entries would have told you what it stands for.

Thank you for calculating my post average. Actually, FT does provide such data for any member (my average is 2.11 posts per day). Now, you do have a knack for missing obvious sources of information, don't you?

Last edited by aktchi; Aug 4, 2010 at 6:01 pm
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
The T&Cs state that the offer expires October 31, 2010 -- of course, we all know that Citi COULD pull the plug earlier if the offer "goes viral" and results in a LOT more applications than anticipated.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
The T&Cs state that the offer expires October 31, 2010 -- of course, we all know that Citi COULD pull the plug earlier if the offer "goes viral" and results in a LOT more applications than anticipated.
That's my concern on this offer. This could turn out to be another 100K Chase BA offer. I just recently applied for the SPG Amex(7/6) and the Chase SWA Visa (7/19). I would like the AA card with the 75K bonus but I feel like I just need to wait a while after doing 2 applications over the last 30 days. I'm going to cross my fingers that this offer holds out a little longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.