Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $10,000 in purchases during your first 12 months of cardmembership1 - a total of 100,000 AAdvantage® miles is enough for select round-trip international flight awards2
$85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
Earn one AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases3
No blackout dates on award travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier4
AAdvantage® miles may never expire5
As a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmember, you’ll also get the tools needed to manage a small business:
Access to a CitiBusiness 24-hour Personal Business Assistant to help with travel, hotel and dining arrangements and more
Savings on an Admirals Club® membership or on a renewal6
Earn AAdvantage® miles from purchases made on your employee accounts7 — plus, set an individual credit limit by employee
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I have a personal Citi Aadvantage Visa and Amex. Applied for the business card this morning using the above link; called to get the immediate decision. Was approved with a generous credit line. Citibank rep confirmed the 50,000 for $750 in 4 months and 50,000 for $10,000 in 12 months without my disclosing what terms I had applied for. She seemed impressed with this offer - as am I. Many thanks flyertalk, op and iamthehpt for posting the terms and links to the 100,000 offer. WooHoo!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by chemist661
Personal Visa & Personal AMEX. Both 75K with $1.5K spend each.
Thanks again!

Can anyone tell me whether Citi is using Transunion, Experian or Equifax for the Business cards in Southern California.

TIA.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Happy
- so far there is no success story for personal card app by people who had the personal cards before, regardless whether the card(s) is still open or closed long ago.
You might skim the thread a little closer. Here's at least one approval I've seen during my skimming...

SLOWSPEED: I have three Citi AAdvantage cards: Amex, MC, and Business Visa.

I just used that link for the 50/50 and was approved for the personal Visa. Now I have to wait and see if the miles show up. I'm 150,000 away from lifetime Gold so that would be awesome.
And I've read of many other successes for previous cardholders on other boards discussing this card. Yes, it is more likely you'll be denied if you are a previous cardholder (it states that clearly in the T&C's after all) but many are getting by that condition. More than these negative-skewed comment boards would lead you to believe.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by andy75080
Can you tell me which number you called? I have the similar issues and want to give a try. Thanks.
Andy, I'm pretty sure I called: 1-866-606-2787. This went straight to a live rep.

Last edited by bjcleaver; Aug 3, 2010 at 10:37 am
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brasov02
You might skim the thread a little closer. Here's at least one approval I've seen during my skimming...

And I've read of many other successes for previous cardholders on other boards discussing this card. Yes, it is more likely you'll be denied if you are a previous cardholder (it states that clearly in the T&C's after all) but many are getting by that condition. More than these negative-skewed comment boards would lead you to believe.
I did say I may miss other points, didn't I?

But of course you prefer to conveniently omit the part of the paragraph you quoted. Understandable though.

I also say it would be a decision one would make based on one's own situation - whether one approaches with a high probability goal in mind or one approaches with "it does not hurt other than a hard pull" in mind - there is nothing to do with positive or negative as even you have to admit, it is a very much YMMV thing.

Despite the "negative", right in our household we had personal cards recently despite the previous cardholder status as late as June, but we also have denials because of that.

You see, I would love to learn about plenty of success stories for people who have personal cards before - because this would mean we might, too. Do you mind to give this "negative" board the links for the successful stories? Meantime, until I can see it is a trend not a crap shoot, I would be more realistic than wishful thinking and decide to take a high probability approach for these big offers.

Again, YMMV as usual.

This is not the case of personal card - so far there is no success story for personal card app by people who had the personal cards before, regardless whether the card(s) is still open or closed long ago. The only exception is if your previous personal card is a MC Bronze... based on the tea-leaf reading. Of course I may have missed other points.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 3, 2010 at 11:07 am
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:04 am

LOL they are nearly copying the recent BA card. We got 100,000 miles. The only problem is that BA charge huge fees on Award tickets; nearly double AA charges.

Also on BA no change of dates are allowed so I have to buy One Ways.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Bretteee
LOL they are nearly copying the recent BA card. We got 100,000 miles. The only problem is that BA charge huge fees on Award tickets; nearly double AA charges.

Also on BA no change of dates are allowed so I have to buy One Ways.
what's the policy for changes of date on AA?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:11 am

Just applied and was instantly approved for the 75k personal card for 2 of us. We've never held an AA Citi card, so it was nice to see instant approval. No mention on the application of the $85 fee being waived or of the mileage bonus, guess I'll have to wait for the card to appear and then call in.

I had never looked at AA's award chart, very generous when compared to anyone else...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
If anyone uses these, please post if your offer matches what I have listed for confirmation.
I applied via the 100K amex and was approved for a 7K credit limit. Currently have AA Visa & MC open. Rep confirmed everything with me.

THANK YOU FLYERTALK!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:01 pm

Just got both the Amex and Visa business for 150,000 AA miles.

Fantastic!!!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
I did say I may miss other points, didn't I?
But of course you prefer to conveniently omit the part of the paragraph you quoted. Understandable though.
Sorry, I was just confirming that you you did indeed miss "other points".

Do you mind to give this "negative" board the links for the successful stories?
Wow, I was re-checking the Slick Deals thread for this card deal to quote all the successful previous cardholder stories I was sure I remembered reading, but I couldn't find ANY. I didn't actually read through the whole thread but of what I did the only successful previous cardholders were ones who were applying for the business when they already had/have a personal or vice-versa. Must have been a case of wishful reading.
So the only "point" Happy missed that I can see is the one I quoted and am changing my hopeful tune to a much more depressing one.
It sounds to me like Citi is doing an excellent job of screening previous cardholders and you are one extremely lucky churner to get one past them.
Dang it. I'm one punk who isn't feeling so lucky anymore...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kishna
what's the policy for changes of date on AA?
This should be in another AA thread, but the answer is no charge to change the dates of the flights given the new flights are within a year of the initial ticketing, same departure and destination cities, and same carrier(s).

This should be over the BA forum, too, but I thought BA award tickets can change the dates for free before the first departure. After that, no change is allowed even with a fee.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Vuelos
I applied via the 100K amex and was approved for a 7K credit limit. Currently have AA Visa & MC open. Rep confirmed everything with me.

THANK YOU FLYERTALK!
And now this. I give up.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by brasov02
And now this. I give up.
i can't help but laugh at this.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
just found out i was declined for the citi visa ... ive never had a citi card before.. Do you guys think i should turn around and apply for the Amex 75K offer? or would that be too many hits on my credit report? I havent applied for any other cards since the BA deal last fall.. My credit score is in the mid 700's

I really really want to get this bonus!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.