Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I live in Texas. Both my Chase and real AMEX inquiries were Experian pulls.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
If I have churned the visa/mc last year and have never applied for the amex or business card, does it matter which card I should apply for? if not should I apply for both?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:06 pm

I was shot down for the personal Visa and business visa, as I've already had both (and that was the reason given). I knew this day was coming sooner or later. The only card I have open with Citi is the AA M/C.

The rep. told me that it does not matter which Citi AA cards I previously had, as they are only permitting one prior AA card of any type. We know this is not entirely true, but I know that others have reported the same reason.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:56 pm

Confirmed the Miles

I just obtained the personal (75,000 mile) version. I spoke with Citi who confirmed the offer and the no fee. I used the link from View from a Wing.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:59 pm

I just approved for the personal visa 75k. I would like to apply for a different one. should i go with the 75k amex or 75k business visa? is amex personal and visa personal the same. I know i am allowed 2 inquiries per 60 days and I dont wanna mess this up. thanks
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:07 pm

curious

for someone who got the business card as a sole prop-- could anyone share if they got approved AND reported a low business (not household/personal) revenue level.

I presume for a business that just started, they would be a little lenient on the business revenues, but would like confirmation a low amount won't kill your ap on a sole p, presuming credit and personal/household income were OK.

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Whether to go for the trifecta?

This is my last round of the year... My credit score is dropping and needs some time to recover.

Background: Never have had an AAdvantage card from Citi. In February 2010, I closed my last Citi card due to TY point devaluations. In April, I applied for a ~30k AAdvantage offer. They denied me due to too many recent inquiries. In retrospect, I'm glad they did. My INQ's are no better now than they were then. Worse, the most recent Amex's aren't reflected in my credit report. So, my report is trending down for a bit longer. If I was going to act, now was the time.

This morning, I applied for the 100k AAdvantage Business Card figuring it was my best chance since our company's well established and it might offset my high INQ's and some high balances as I meet other spending requirements. I'd also shifted some banking to Citi in June (also for AA miles) and maybe that figured into their approval. Got the waiting screen with application ID. 8 hours after, I called in and spoke to a rep. After 2 minutes, she came back and I'm approved and the 50k/50k offers were confirmed verbally.

Moments ago, I applied for the 100k AAdvantage Personal Amex Card. My INQ's are high so consolidating inquiries was tempting. With a lot of trepidation, I hit the Submit. Instantly approved. Stranger yet, with an even higher credit line ($12k) than the business card ($9k).

I'm seriously considering flipping from Delta to United or AA in the next year or two. If I keep with this new hobby and choose AA, the huge number of miles will go a LONG way to my lifetime status.

Do I go for the trifecta and apply for the 100k (or maybe 75k since my spend is getting pretty high) Visa personal?

This might be my shot to go for all 3. But then again, I might just screw it up. Thoughts?

Has anyone gotten all 3? Or both of the personals? Would anyone dare to try? Anyone made it this far and had them revoke offers later? I feel like the clock's ticking now. It's 6:11 eastern...

I absolutely swear that I am done opening cards for the year after this round (3 chase, 4 amex, and now 2 citi). It's back to checking accts, meeting spending requirements, and flying.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
for someone who got the business card as a sole prop-- could anyone share if they got approved AND reported a low business (not household/personal) revenue level.

I presume for a business that just started, they would be a little lenient on the business revenues, but would like confirmation a low amount won't kill your ap on a sole p, presuming credit and personal/household income were OK.

Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing. I just applied for the 75K Business Visa, and got the "further processing is required" response. I have never had the business card. I did apply and get instantly approved recently for the personal visa on the 35K deal.

I did sole prop, but put a pretty low business revenue level.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:21 pm

Another data point: received an email for 40k, applied for the 50k+50k offer using the VFTW link, application required more info, so I called in and they just wanted to reallocate some credit lines. Agent verified the 50+50 offer on my account.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by andimal
Another data point: received an email for 40k, applied for the 50k+50k offer using the VFTW link, application required more info, so I called in and they just wanted to reallocate some credit lines. Agent verified the 50+50 offer on my account.
Hmmm, which number did you call? The one I called said they were closed until Monday.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:27 pm

For those on the fence about applying for 2 Citi cards back to back. I applied for both a personal Citi AA MC and a Citi AA business Visa. Both were approved by Citi, over the weekend. Booyah! (never had a Citi card prior)*

And this is even though i have in the past 6 months also applied for and been approved for the BA Visa, SPG, SPG Business, and United Visa.

This has been one good year! Hopefully, the second half of the year will provide more great opportunities.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:28 pm

For those that applied and got the approval, did you all get an application I'D number? I applied for the business card, got to step 5, (app required review), but I didn't get an application ID.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:30 pm

For anyone not aware, these are numbers you can call to check the status of an application. It was all automated for me:

Citi
Phone1: 888-201-4523 - 1, 3, 2, ssn#, home ph, dob (mm/dd/yyyy)

Citi - Business
Phone1: 800-288-4653 - 1, 3, 2, ssn#, home ph, dob (mm/dd/yyyy)
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by longleaf
For those on the fence about applying for 2 Citi cards back to back. I applied for both a personal Citi AA MC and a Citi AA business Visa. Both were approved by Citi, over the weekend. Booyah! (never had a Citi card prior)*
But will you go for a 3rd with me? What do you think?

Also, by MC, did you mean Amex?

And this is even though i have in the past 6 months also applied for and been approved for the BA Visa, SPG, SPG Business, and United Visa.
In my case, I had the same but also tossed in the Southwest offer from Chase, the Premier Rewards Amex for 25k MR, and a business gold card from Amex for another 50k MR. In retrospect, the 25k from the Amex Premier Rewards card seems downright low compared to all the rest of them. Still, it paid for a positioning flight for my MR to Singapore so I can't complain.

This has been one good year! Hopefully, the second half of the year will provide more great opportunities.
You aren't kidding. But I need to stop. My Equifax is way down below where it should be.

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
For those that applied and got the approval, did you all get an application I'D number? I applied for the business card, got to step 5, (app required review), but I didn't get an application ID.
Both my Visa Business app (done in IE) and my wife's Visa Business App (done in Chrome) reached Step 5: Final Summary and had the Application ID listed. Here's the block of text around it:

"Thank you ___. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. to get an immediate decision, agents are currently available to assist, so please call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday, 1-866-606-2961.

Your application ID number will be used as a reference number during your call.

Application ID: ________

If your application is approved, ..."
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:43 pm

pardon my ignorance. What is a business card? Is it for individuals running a business? I work as an employee for a firm. So, do I qualify for a business card?

Please enlighten me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.