Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:48 pm

does anybody know the number to call that isn't closed on the weekend? want to check the status/verify the mileage.....
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:39 pm

Question

Thanks. Do I need to apply a AA member before I apply the Credit card?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
50k, Visa
50k, Amex
50k, Visa Business

As a cardmember, you’ll benefit from:
•50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1 — enough for two round-trip domestic flight awards2
•$85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*

75k, Visa
75k, Visa Business
75k, Amex

•75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,500 in purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership1 — enough for select round-trip international travel awards2
•$85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*

50k/100k, Visa
50k/100k, Visa Business
50k/100k, Amex

• 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
• 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $10,000 in purchases during your first 12 months of cardmembership1 - a total of 100,000 AAdvantage® miles is enough for select round-trip international flight awards2
• $85 annual fee ($75 for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card) waived for the first 12 months of cardmembership*
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bk16bk16
does anybody know the number to call that isn't closed on the weekend? want to check the status/verify the mileage.....

You can try 1-866-606-2787.

Let us know if they can give you status.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA,CO,US, and SPG Gold (just like everyone else :P)
Originally Posted by deant
You can try 1-866-606-2787.

Let us know if they can give you status.

Is this number an automatic response system or an actual rep who answers?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:39 pm

Question

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?
app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&site Id=CB&B=S&screenID=300
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by cnsoccer
Is this number an automatic response system or an actual rep who answers?

An actual live rep who's job it is to approve your app on the phone and verify the bonus you get. However, it's closed for the weekend and won't be open again until 8am eastern time Monday.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:43 pm

Question

Do I need to register AA membership before I apply 75000 offer? ThanksIf not, if I call Citi, will they ask how did I get this offer?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:52 pm

It would be a good idea, just so you know what your number is. I haven't looked at this application, but previous ones just ask if you have a number or not. If not, they will create one for you. I would create an AA account before doing the application, since it was likely targetted to people that are already AA members.

If anyone wants to get the extra 1000 miles for opening a new account, send me a PM with name and email address and I'll refer you (I'll get 1000 too).

Originally Posted by gaore
Do I need to register AA membership before I apply 75000 offer? ThanksIf not, if I call Citi, will they ask how did I get this offer?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO
data point

I got the 35,000miles visa personal 2 month ago. Today I applied for the visa business (Sole Proprietorship) 100,000miles offer and was instantly approved. Since it is not a workday, not sure if i'll get the miles at all or they will deny my app when they find out that I already have a personal card.

anyways, it is worth trying. Thank you Flyertalk community!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brasov02
Although there are a few claims to getting approval (not the actual card mind you, but at least initial approval) despite having a current account open, your experience would lead me to believe one may have a better shot at getting the card if there are no current accounts open at time of application. Closing any current accounts would at least force them to take their search one step further instead of having an obvious open account making it that much easier for them to make a denial decision.
Originally Posted by beltway
According to forum folklore, one should also wait 3 days or so after closing accounts so the closure is properly reflected across all Citi databases used in reviewing new apps.

We recently took Mrs B all the way to zero Citi accounts -- dropped her sock-drawered Premier Pass and Diamond Preferred cards -- and are now waiting for the 60-day mark since her last app (denied AA Amex). I've also canceled all my AA cards (am down to one TYP card with a low credit limit) and plan to wait for 3 days. Will report on the results of the new apps shortly.
Based on my experiences in late June, it does NOT make any difference.

All AA cards were closed months / weeks before applications. Got the same denial on existing customer base, and yes, Citi performed a hard pull before denial despite the app stopped at Step 3. (All prior cards were personal cards and the apps were for personal cards.)

But of course brasov02 may want to choose to ignore the data point from me.

Good luck to those who try and please update the thread with the outcome.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 31, 2010 at 4:19 pm
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:03 pm

curious

Has anyone been denied who previously had an old card within the last year AND either didn't put down you Aadvantage number or used a new one?

I'm still wondering if it's possible to slip through Citi's net easier this way in case their cross-referencing giving bonuses to specific Aadvantage accounts in addition to SSN.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Worked for me

Didn't get an e-mail. Used the link, applied for the 50/+50 Visa Card, was told to call a number, did and was told I was approved. CSR confirmed that I had received the 50/+50 offer.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Did everyone get an application ID number? All I saw was a message that application will be reviewed, but maybe I missed the ID number somewhere.
If your application is stopped at Step 3, and get the "One Week" screen, your application is most likely dead on the track. The application ID would be on the denial letter if you are denied.

However if your application reached Step 4 and 5, there IS application ID and a toll free number on one screen (forgot which though) that you could call to get "instant consideration" or something to that effect.

Originally Posted by eagleswings
You need to hit continue and then it will be given the application number (if your application is NOT instantly approved)

What I don't understand is that I did not receive the application number when my application was approved. I applied for 2 cards. One is approved (with no application number) and one is being reviewed (with application number).

I tried calling the number and asked for my approved card but they could not help me. Sigh....
Instant approval does not seem to have application ID. There will be a Congrat email to you on the Instant approval application if a card is indeed issued. The Congrat email would have the last 4 digits of your new card, as well as CL information. I dont recall seeing application ID on any page if it is instant approval.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brasov02
Actually the theory is still good since the theory doesn't claim that EVERYONE who closes all their accounts before applying will be approved but just that it might help and we also know that some non-active cardholders are treated differently. As far as being treated equal goes, some active cardholders are getting approved for heaven's sake. What sense does that make? (I'm notbitter.) We're just saying not having any active accounts seems to have helped some in getting an approval despite being a previous cardholder. But, as you well know, there's obviously no magic formula for an approval.
It is really fun to play word game. Either way you will be always correct - especially the last sentence. Aint we all know that already?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MMSB01
I opened my first Citi AA card (business MC) back in April, and it is still open. I received the 40k offer in my email, but found the 75k link on boarding area. Got the instant approval for Personal Visa and confirmed with the CSR that I had received the 75k offer.
If you eventually get the physical personal card, this may mean that "previous customers" are counted separately between the 2. This would be a big plus for those who have not had business cards before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.