Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:00 pm

The T&C for the business card are different. That is why if you had a previous business card you still are being approved.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Data Point:

Currently have an active Citi AA MC, and applied today for the 75K Citi Business Visa card offer using the link in this thread. This was my first time applying for the business card. I had not received any e-mail offers for the Citi AAdvantage cards, but decided to give it a shot anyway.

I submitted the application and got to step 5 before I was told to call a customer service number. I was given an application ID number and called 1-866-606-2961.

I spoke to a kind CSR, who placed me on hold for one minute, then got the application approved with a $7,500 credit limit. I also had her confirm the mileage offer (making sure to not actually state how many miles I thought I was going to receive -- thanks to Caenis for the tip).

She said the new card will arrive in the mail no later than next Tuesday. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:47 pm

I received the "Welcome" paperwork yesterday saying my card will arrive in 7 to 10 days. There is no mention of the bonus miles. Does anyone know where (other than the link) it should state the bonus miles?

And to the OP: Thank you!!!!!^
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bjcleaver
Andy, I'm pretty sure I called: 1-866-606-2787. This went straight to a live rep.
Got online approval on 1 Aug, but never got a confirmation email. Called the above number and was x-ferred to another dpt. The lady (sounded like overseas, maybe Philippines CC) confirmed approval, but unable to share details of promotion. She stated, that will come with the new card in ~ 1 week. So, I am still not sure, what I am acutally signed up for. I just know I used the 50/50 link in this thread.

According to the rep no approval confirmation would be emailed. The phone number I was given, in case of having to call back: 1-888-201-4523, hours 8 - 8.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Got online approval on 1 Aug, but never got a confirmation email. Called the above number and was x-ferred to another dpt. The lady (sounded like overseas, maybe Philippines CC) confirmed approval, but unable to share details of promotion. She stated, that will come with the new card in ~ 1 week. So, I am still not sure, what I am acutally signed up for. I just know I used the 50/50 link in this thread.
I called a different number -- 1-866-606-2961 -- and got a CSR to confirm the details of the promotion.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: hhonors
got approved after calling in

I had to call in and spoke with someone with an accent. He told me that I had another citi card with a credit limit of 18000, he said the only way I would get approved was to reduce the credit limit to 15000 and I would get the adv card.

He verified that I would have to spend 750.00 in 4 months for 50k miles.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
hmm.. i posted earlier that i was denied for the Citi Visa after getting the reply in 7-10 days spiel, but i decided to take the chance and apply for the amex and was approved immediately online. That's strange. Pretty good credit line too considering that my credit history is not that long.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:35 pm

I applied for both personal and business visa cards. For personal I got the phone number to call with the application ID # which I did. CSR took two minutes to review my application and said I will be notified within a week. Does that mean NO For business visa I did not get any application ID number nor a phone number to call. Just an option to print the page. Is that unusual or weired. I hope my application went through.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
applied for visa via 75k link. got instant approval with a CL north of 10k.
had not a citi card in at least 5 plus years. waited few days than applied for business visa with 75k link. got notice to call into 800 number. after short 5 minute call, got approved for CL south of 10k. confirmed with the nice rep that i am getting 75k bonus on both!

very happy with both outcomes!!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
This is one of the most dynamic threads I have encountered outside some exceptional MR ones. I am certainly tempted jump. Let me see if there is some consensus here and if I understand the situation correctly:

1. My wife has had an Citi/AA MC for a few years. I had some Citi card long ago but never Citi/AA. Is my wife ineligible and I eligible for both 50+50 as well as 75K personal cards?

2. The 75K offer seems better to me, as the 50+50 offer requires you to spend about 600% extra dollars for 33% extra miles. My math may be off, but you get the idea.

(The counter argument in my head is that even if I didn't need $10K in purchases I can always buy gc's etc and get the extra 25K miles.)

3. I appreciate the application inks but my anxiety remains that they don't mention anything about bonus miles. Could you be left pleading in the end, "But I read it on the Internet!"?

Finally, I can't help but be amused at the thought that wife and I just got a new Starwood Amex each (30K SPG points) thinking that Citi was getting boring and we should switch.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by deant
Bottom line, I believe that IF you are receiving e-mails for the CCs, then you stand a good chance of approval. If you don't get the invites, then approval is a crap shoot.
FWIW:

I have a Citi AA Mastercard and a Citi AA Business Mastercard (both open & active).
I was not sent one of the emails but did use the link for the Signature Visa 75k offer

I was approved online, and called to confirm. I've since gotten both email and postal mail verification of my new Signature Visa card. The card itself has yet to arrive.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 3P
Originally Posted by aaron1262
hmm.. i posted earlier that i was denied for the Citi Visa after getting the reply in 7-10 days spiel, but i decided to take the chance and apply for the amex and was approved immediately online. That's strange. Pretty good credit line too considering that my credit history is not that long.
The same thing happened to me, except that I had to call to get approved for the AMEX.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:42 pm

So the big question is...

Now that I've been approved for both the Amex and Visa Business cards at 75k each...

Do I go for the trifecta and apply for the Visa Signature too?

Is there any chance I'll get approved?

BTW, I was instantly approved for $20k limit on each card.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
IF you decide to apply for the 3rd card, you wait at least 60 days before applying.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:01 pm

Advice / suggestions needed

I'm a relative newbie here, but I've been following this thread. This looks like too good an offer to pass!

I applied for the United 50k offer (April) and the SPG Amex 30k offer (last month) and was approved for both.

I have some questions:

1] It is clearly mentioned that this offer is open till October 31? If that is the case, I think I should wait till September or so (since I was approved for SPG Amex just last month!). I don't want too many inquiries within a short time.

2] For those who applied for both the AA Amex and AA Visa, did you guys apply on the same day at the exact same time (by opening the two applications in two browser windows?).

Please let me know your comments. I want to make sure I'm familiar with all the tricks when I apply

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.