Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Southwest RR, Frontier ER.
Gonna try the 75k offer tommorow for the wife and I, thanks to all for the info!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Has everyone been getting Experian pulls?

I applied for this card using the 35k bonus in late May and was denied based upon too many inquiries but they pulled my Equifax report...

Also, I saw one person post that they applied for the 35k offer a couple months back, were denied, and now when they applied using the 75k offer the CSR told them that they were actually only going to qualify for the 35k offer as a result of their previous app.

Anyone else in this situation willing to share a data point with me please?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Happy
Based on my experiences in late June, it does NOT make any difference. But of course brasov02 may want to choose to ignore the data point from me.
Based on my experiences, closing accounts does make a difference so I guess I'll have to agree with your final suggestion. Actually, the only point I'm making is all these "data points" don't really help much one way or another. "Aint we all know that already?" Apparently not.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:22 pm

another anecdote

Never had a Citi AAdvantage card, but I do have a regular Citi MC and I've applied for several CCs recently.

Applied for the personal Visa 50/50 through the link in this thread. I got through the entire app and get an Application ID, but I got a "we'll let you know in 5 days" message so I figured it was a deny. I called the 1-888 number from this thread and punched in my Application ID and got a "still pending" message. Talked to the CSR from India who took a while to bring my app up. I guess it was in a different database or something. She asked me for some info I had left off my app because the fields were optional(Company Name, years at company, and work phone #). Then told me my app will still be pending and I'll get an email when a decision is made.

Called the number again today and the automated system said I was approved. I guess we'll see when I actually get the card in my hands.

Been reading FlyerTalk for a little over a week and already signed up for 30K SPG AmEx and 100K Citi AAdvantage. Wow!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA
Thanks

I have three Citi AAdvantage cards: Amex, MC, and Business Visa.

I just used that link for the 50/50 and was approved for the personal Visa. Now I have to wait and see if the miles show up. I'm 150,000 away from lifetime Gold so that would be awesome.

(I've lurked on FT for a long time but finally registered when I decided that my new goal in life was to get to lifetime AAdvantage Gold status.)
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:57 pm

Few questions

Guys

Just a couple of q's on this one

1) Can I use the 50/50 offer to apply for both amex & visa personal cards and get 200k total miles? I guess not but just asking

2) Looking to compare the 50/50 to 75k miles, I have some other cash back cards currently being used that give me about $200 a year. However, aren't the additional 25k miles I'll get with the 50/50 offer more valuable than $200? Round-trip domestic tickets can be had for 25k miles and those tickets would at least cost $300 if not more

3) Does American allow you to do miles + cash if you don't have enough miles for a particular trip? Like if I'm doing an international flight for 90k miles but only have 75k..

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:05 pm

Can someone provide the link to sign up for the 75k offer?

I just got the SPG Amex too, will this affect my chance of getting approved for this card?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:11 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by eudora

I just got the SPG Amex too, will this affect my chance of getting approved for this card?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14393040-post201.html
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
I signed up around 1 month ago for the 35,000 Citi Advantage Mastercard. Since I've been busy with travels etc I have not yet activated my card (it's at my house)

I got the 50k/50k Visa card offer now in my email. But no one at Citicard can answer if I would qualify. Been speaking to four people (including 2 supervisors) for over an hour and no one knows if I try to apply for the Visa card offer whether I'd get rejected or not. Someone said "they would open a case to see if they could transfer the bonus points to my existing card" yeah right.... no case number given, just CSR ID number.

Any suggestions on what road to take:
1) Cancel non-activated 35k miles Citi Mastercard and apply for 50k/50k miles Citi Visa card?
Risk: Loose 35k miles offer and get rejected for 50k/50k Visa offer.

2) Apply for 50k/50k Citi visa card while leaving existing non-activated 35K Citi Mastercard open?
Risk: Another credit hit and risk of 50k/50k Citi visa card being rejected due to existing account.

3) Just activate the 35K Citi Mastercard in my mailbox and waive bye bye to an additional 65,000 possible miles....

HELP
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:14 pm

I received the following rejection:

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi Select(R) / AAdvantage(R)
American Express(R) account. Unfortunately, we are unable
to approve your request for the account at this time because
of the following:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R)
/ AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that
you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us.

I have only ever had a Citi AAdvantage Visa and I applied for an AmEx. Admittedly my credit score is a bit low and my credit history is about 1 year long, so I've been getting some rejections recently (incl. the great SPG deal, ARGH!).

So I half-expected to be rejected for this one as well. But what really worries me is the specific reason they give, which indicates that I won't even be eligible for this bonus in the future, if it eventually resurfaces! That'd be really sad.

And anyway, how am I supposed to interpret this reason when so many other people have successfully received triple bonuses by signing up for all 3 cards?

In short: W.T.F !
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Citi pulled Transunion twice for Visa & AMEX.

Approved for both. Did the 75K link for each. Only had 1 inquiry in last 6 months and that was for a car loan.

One 75K is nice. 2 times 75K are really nice!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: No preference

It's in the thread.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:57 pm
Suspended

So after getting online approval and verifying it over the phone yesterday, I got this today:

Thank you for applying for a Citi(R) Platinum Select(R) /
AAdvantage(R) Visa Signature(R) account.

Please note the following regarding your application:

o Our policy is to issue only one card per person on
an account. Because of this, we will be unable to grant
your request for more than one card for the same
individual. If your application is approved, we will issue a
card for you and a card for any additional persons
you may have listed on your application. If you intended to
give a duplicate card to another person, please
contact us after your card arrives. You can then request a
card for the other person, at no cost.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. I only applied once, I don't know how I could have asked for more than 1 card on the application, and I don't have an existing Visa thru Citi or anyone else. Guess I'll be making a call on Monday.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond

Have you read this entire thread? I assume not or you would not be asking the question.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:12 pm

Guys - I've never held an AA card before and am trying to signup for both the Visa and Amex cards at the same time to avail of 75k X 2. However, the first application will issue me a new AAdvantage number. How do I manage this (don't want to end up with two AAdvantage numbers)

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.