[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:48 pm

For previous aa cardholders.
Would citibank deny the bonus miles after a few weeks for violating the terms even though you've been approved?
This happened to many of us who applied for the chase united 50k offer. Chase sent out a bonus denial letter before the first statement.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:32 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by flyerfrog
For previous aa cardholders.
Would citibank deny the bonus miles after a few weeks for violating the terms even though you've been approved?
This happened to many of us who applied for the chase united 50k offer. Chase sent out a bonus denial letter before the first statement.
Citi is not there yet.
IIRC no one yet to report getting an actual card from Citi but not getting the bonus associated with it. Though, some reported having instant approval for an AA card just to be denied later by mail (not even getting the card).
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Happy
Didn't you have previous cards on June 10? The next 60 days would have been from June 10. Isn't that the reason for rejection on the July 17 app was the 60 days rule? Now because you did one on July 17, the clock was moved to Jul 17. You can read the Sticky in the Other Credit Card Forum - the 60 / 90 days rules obviously still the same despite many other things have changed since the Sticky was made.

You can always try but why risk the high probability of being rejected and thus pushing the clock further when the offer is good till Oct 31?
Sorry, I asked them and the apps for the two prior were in mid-May although not used until June. So it's just one app in last 60 days. I plan to cancel those two tomorrow and as part of the retention discussion ask about getting the Visa which I've never had. I'll only do a new app if they sound encouraging. Otherwise I'll wait.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Sorry, I asked them and the apps for the two prior were in mid-May although not used until June. So it's just one app in last 60 days. I plan to cancel those two tomorrow and as part of the retention discussion ask about getting the Visa which I've never had. I'll only do a new app if they sound encouraging. Otherwise I'll wait.
Sort of in the same boat so please let us know how that conversation goes. I just canceled my lone, remaining AA Citi card tonight via online message within my account in prep for applying again. Took about 10 minutes for them to reply and inform me the account has been closed. Definitely thee no-hassle way of closing an account if you're not interested in fishing for retention goodies.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
great deal....could really use the 75k miles....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:30 am

First time Citi AA user. I just applied for the 100k personal visa and didn't get instant approval. Supposedly I'll get a decision by email within a week. I want to do the 75k amex as well. Is it better or worse to apply for it today? Maybe I should wait for the decision on the visa? I got the SPG amex just 30 days ago and I'm afraid that my chances on instant approval for the AA Amex are low.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:12 am

I have done it

Originally Posted by msp2msy
That's your question and mine in a nutshell. I'm really reluctant to launch a 2nd personal but if someone else pulled it off and Citi had a history of letting them through and following through on the award, I'd take a shot.
In January I applied for both the Visa and the MC cards on the exact same day. I was approved and received the miles. I can also tell you that I applied for the Amex last week and was denied because I already had an Advantage card. I also applied for a business credit card. I have not heard back on that one yet.

I hope that helps!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:55 am

Okay newbie here with a few questions.

I have never had a Citi AA card, but do a have a regular Citi Mastercard. I belong to AAdvantage, and got a targeted 30k offer.

I understand there are links that are for specific offers and should therefore "bypass" my targeted offer amount. I do not have a business and so would be looking at personal acct. only.

However which card offer should I apply for?
Can I apply for 2 personal cards at the same time?

Would be great if I could get the 50/100k offer and the 75k! Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
One more data point. Got declined for not being a 1st time AA CitiCard holder. No current AA Citi cards and last AA canceled in April '10.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by adams828
Okay newbie here with a few questions.

I have never had a Citi AA card, but do a have a regular Citi Mastercard. I belong to AAdvantage, and got a targeted 30k offer.

I understand there are links that are for specific offers and should therefore "bypass" my targeted offer amount. I do not have a business and so would be looking at personal acct. only.

However which card offer should I apply for?
Can I apply for 2 personal cards at the same time?

Would be great if I could get the 50/100k offer and the 75k! Thanks!
Citi Master doesn't matter, only Citi AA cards. 1 personal, 1 business ... the 50/50 if you can meet the 10k spending in 1 year, if not do the 75k
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:37 am

If you'd like to check your credit before applying....

FYI. If you are curious on how your credit looks like, Equifax is offering a free 3-in-1 Credit Report with Score for Free ($39.95 value) when you enter code ESA3BSF during checkout. I got this from SD.

Hope that helps..
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Citi Master doesn't matter, only Citi AA cards. 1 personal, 1 business ... the 50/50 if you can meet the 10k spending in 1 year, if not do the 75k
great - thanks jcmitchell21!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:22 am

I applied just last week for the 30+5 AA card. I was two days late for the 75K or 50+50 offer. I received my card on Sat. I have never had an AA card in my life. So I called customer service three times and after finally getting a rep stateside that understood my question she told me the following. She said I could fax a letter and a copy of the offer to customer service and see what they can do. She said she wouldn't promise anything. She said it could take 30 days too. Anyone ever have experience with this?

On the following day last week I applied fir the business card for 35K which is still under review. After speaking to the customer service twice about that I was advised since a decision has not been made yet I could cancel my application and be eligible if I reapply under the 75K link. So I canceled my application and I will wait until the beginning of Oct to apply for the biz card.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eagleswings
FYI. If you are curious on how your credit looks like, Equifax is offering a free 3-in-1 Credit Report with Score for Free ($39.95 value) when you enter code ESA3BSF during checkout. I got this from SD.

Hope that helps..
Isn't Citi pulling Experian?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by eagleswings

Hope that helps..
Just remember the Equifax score is a FAKO score (Fake) not a FICO score. They won't release your FICO score any more so you can only buy a number they made up and almost nobody actually uses to make a determination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.