Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Bhavshah
Stop looking....use your time elsewhere
That's why almost all the people think inside the box and can't improve their skills. They don't have to use their time elsewhere. They have to break the head against the puzzle because in this way they can find something new. Furthermore there will not be the risk that they will share the trick with 100+ people because when they will lose days to find something, you can be sure that they will not share with people which don't lose their time too.

It's like when someone come here and claim to explain why YQ is missing or some experts claim to have universal YQ remover bla bla bla.
I mean you can read all the impossible explanations about a dump. You can analize it inside the GDS. It's completely useless. It's a wasting of time.

In most cases the dump is inside the fare rules and this is the only thing that you have to analize. Throw away GDS, throw away tools.

Let me do a stupid example for noobs:
Carrier XX, fare XXXYYDDDC: EOE permitted only within Spain.
1X or 3X within Spain will dump this carrier.

What is the point to analize the GDS and say "oh oh oh YQ is missing because of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla". The fare rules are telling you what you have to search, where you have to look etc... that's all.

And this is true also for EK. The only difference is that when I read the EK fare rules I perfectly now if it is dumpable with 3X because I have the skills to make it happens.

How can you build this skills? Lose your time to learn the meaning of fare rules.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by jorun
That's why almost all the people think inside the box and can't improve their skills. They don't have to use their time elsewhere. They have to break the head against the puzzle because in this way they can find something new. Furthermore there will not be the risk that they will share the trick with 100+ people because when they will lose days to find something, you can be sure that they will not share with people which don't lose their time too.

It's like when someone come here and claim to explain why YQ is missing or some experts claim to have universal YQ remover bla bla bla.
I mean you can read all the impossible explanations about a dump. You can analize it inside the GDS. It's completely useless. It's a wasting of time.

In most cases the dump is inside the fare rules and this is the only thing that you have to analize. Throw away GDS, throw away tools.

Let me do a stupid example for noobs:
Carrier XX, fare XXXYYDDDC: EOE permitted only within Spain.
1X or 3X within Spain will dump this carrier.

What is the point to analize the GDS and say "oh oh oh YQ is missing because of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla". The fare rules are telling you what you have to search, where you have to look etc... that's all.

And this is true also for EK. The only difference is that when I read the EK fare rules I perfectly now if it is dumpable with 3X because I have the skills to make it happens.

How can you build this skills? Lose your time to learn the meaning of fare rules.
^

But the ones who are greedy for getting spoon-fed with the wrong medicine will never get that. Its much more comfortable than investing time and effort on their own part.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by misaggie
what about 1X?
After so long on FT, you are expected to be more advanced before asking such open-ended questions.In fact anyone asking open-ended questions are wasting their time.

For most carriers the strike dumping Cx-Cy is different than the one dumping Cy-Cx or Cx-Cz for that matter. Many carriers are also self-dumping ;-)

You are trying to bike on a major highway using beginners training wheels.

I have never paid more than $ 269.00 All-in for extremely long-haul itineraries on this carrier including SEZ. In some instances the all-in price can be less than half of that .

The two initial letters of some of the strike airports' IATA codes are already embedded in your name, but there are many more.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 17, 2016 at 5:52 am
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Albedo
I can't understand, why people are coding questions... Do You think, that someone here will spend time to try find Your flight? Why You don't write all information, it's publicly reachable information and isn't any secret..
I code questions to make people like you complain!

Oh, and also, because it's not that I am asking someone to find me a dump. I think that, if someone sees it like a game and tries to dump it, they don't mind finding the flight as well, as it is part of the game!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by the_gironian
they don't mind finding the flight as well, as it is part of the game!
You are completely wrong. Perhaps you play a game but noone will waste his time for your game / your pleasure.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by man4business
You are completely wrong. Perhaps you play a game but noone will waste his time for your game / your pleasure.
You're wrong twice here, in the same sentence. It's not my game or my pleasure, it's theirs if they decide to play it. Also wrong when generalizing about what everyone or noone thinks / does. Nice job!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:09 am

It's not my game or my pleasure, it's theirs if they decide to play it. Also wrong when generalizing about what everyone or noone thinks / does. Nice job!
You know what? You event have not read the rules of this thread. Be nice, go to the very first post and *read*. I will help you:
5. Do not code your questions. No one will be able to answer them.
I would modify it: noone will bother to answer them.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by man4business
You know what? You event have not read the rules of this thread. Be nice, go to the very first post and *read*. I will help you:

I would modify it: noone will bother to answer them.
Well done! Something right. I guess I'm gonna go read the rules... looks like I can learn a lot from you! But I think you didn't get that my post wasn't a question...

I would also modify it: noone will bother to answer and waste time but... isn't it exactly what you're doing?

Last edited by the_gironian; Oct 17, 2016 at 11:18 am
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Invested a few seconds, the fare says "EoE not permitted".
Seems like you haven't even invested a few seconds to learn the basics.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:50 am

Seems like you didn't read what I said about the "restrictive rules". I imagined someone with expert knowledge would manage to dump it... guess I was wrong!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Seems like you didn't read what I said about the "restrictive rules". I imagined someone with expert knowledge would manage to dump it... guess I was wrong!
Keep 'imagining'...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:56 am

If an "expert" can and you can't, how does that help you?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RangeXT
If an "expert" can and you can't, how does that help you?
Well, I repeat, my post wasn't a question. I wasn't looking for help and didn't have the intention of taking that flight. Just thought someone could find that interesting, that's it!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:15 pm

Well, I repeat, my post wasn't a question. (...) Just thought someone could find that interesting, that's it!
Thats not what your initial post indicated. Nevermind.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I cannot believe our favourite blog just openly posted a J dump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.