Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by krajol
I got it down to €112 but from C2 and by using 1x unfortunatelly. Did anyone have success with 3x?
<€100 All-in R/T from C2 rather than C2.5

I haven't seen many 3x's for this particular airline. Although there are constructions that are also effective with the addition of being more convenient/flyable regarding the main flight ^
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
C2-C3 89e ai RT
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Flying4less
<€100 All-in R/T from C2 rather than C2.5

I haven't seen many 3x's for this particular airline. Although there are constructions that are also effective with the addition of being more convenient/flyable regarding the main flight ^
Your star is shining bright. ^

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: cine
Thank you! But i prefer a important american airline for 242€ AI

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Yes, try Thompson. It will work great for you
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by bartas8891
C2-C3 89e ai RT
Any more hints on this one, please?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:39 pm

Bankrupcy carrier on 1X

Hi all,

Some days ago I've booked a flight to a very far destination with 1X. Today I've got fresh news that the carrier that I suppose to fly on 1x is a bankrupt. Is it any chance that my main segments will be untochachable if I miss (there is no way I won't miss ceased flight)?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:13 am

c2-c3 RT, no 1x , 118€ AI.

Maybe it was posted by other members some days ago but I didn't see it.
The trick has more than 2 years and this is a great example of why "non public" tricks have a long life!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Moderator warning

MODERATOR WARNING:

This thread had veered off course, yet again. Personal attacks/harassment will not be tolerated. The same posters are involved again and again and clearly don't understand that there are rules to posting on FlyerTalk and in this thread specifically.

I remind you of Rule 12, although some of you should have memorized it by now. Pay specific attention to Rules 12.2 and 12.3
12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

Rules for Posting in the Trick It thread.

I strongly suggest that you take the rules of posting to heart or you will have your posting privileges suspended, without further warning.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: cine
C2-C3 219€ AI .
Important European City, and very important Asian City
Argenboy likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: *A Gold
Hi Everyone, A carrier which has "END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED" and was easy to dump at least 45-50% has recently added a condition in Combinability which makes x factor cost higher.

COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY Y-/B-/M- TYPE FARES

Anyone know any tricks to go around this? Not asking for a handout of course, some hints would be great.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:13 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
It appears several members have forgotten the rules for posting in this thread. You can find them here: