FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:47 am
RangeXT

Originally Posted by jorun
That's why almost all the people think inside the box and can't improve their skills. They don't have to use their time elsewhere. They have to break the head against the puzzle because in this way they can find something new. Furthermore there will not be the risk that they will share the trick with 100+ people because when they will lose days to find something, you can be sure that they will not share with people which don't lose their time too.

It's like when someone come here and claim to explain why YQ is missing or some experts claim to have universal YQ remover bla bla bla.
I mean you can read all the impossible explanations about a dump. You can analize it inside the GDS. It's completely useless. It's a wasting of time.

In most cases the dump is inside the fare rules and this is the only thing that you have to analize. Throw away GDS, throw away tools.

Let me do a stupid example for noobs:
Carrier XX, fare XXXYYDDDC: EOE permitted only within Spain.
1X or 3X within Spain will dump this carrier.

What is the point to analize the GDS and say "oh oh oh YQ is missing because of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla". The fare rules are telling you what you have to search, where you have to look etc... that's all.

And this is true also for EK. The only difference is that when I read the EK fare rules I perfectly now if it is dumpable with 3X because I have the skills to make it happens.

How can you build this skills? Lose your time to learn the meaning of fare rules.
^

But the ones who are greedy for getting spoon-fed with the wrong medicine will never get that. Its much more comfortable than investing time and effort on their own part.