Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by zoonil
Found it.. how do you ticket it though?

get the user script tools. One of those works.

Update: I found around 300 a/I for April.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by anandrag
When are fares valid till? Still available in Fall?
Depends on which city you are getting it from. Peak Travel time in December, Jan. Some April/may. Use expert flyer to pull the fares
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Check status online.
If main itin is not cancelled then ignore it and proceed as normal.
1st rule still applies. Do not call

It never got through booking. I put in the card submit and get this. I think it's because the 3X is not ticketing. I was looking at another booking engine and I think the flight is sold out..?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:03 pm

Why are code share flights easier to dump?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by keneshhagard
It never got through booking. I put in the card submit and get this. I think it's because the 3X is not ticketing. I was looking at another booking engine and I think the flight is sold out..?
Some things aren't meant to be.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by keneshhagard
Why are code share flights easier to dump?
More things for the systems to process so higher chance of a mistake?
That would be my best guess.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:07 pm

Any positive experience in dumping Air Namibia or South African Airways with a dessert?
Rules seem quiet approachable but I had no luck...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:37 pm

First Time Post here so please have mercy. I am looking to make positive contributions to the forum. Please don't hesitate to correct or guide me in anyway you deem helpful. I understand this is not the place to ask for handouts but I think asking for help from those willing to provide it may lead to a better overall understanding of the subject for me, and therefore increase my ability to help others on the forum.

I have found a RT fare from Golden Gate to JoBurg on DL for a very reasonable fare of $647 for this Fall, but there is still $386 of YR remaining on the ticket that I have been unable to remove with several 3x's(that I have seen work on other flights). Fare rules permit EoE travel. Being a newbie, I am sure there is something I am missing. But that is why I have gathered the courage to ask for guidance.

If anyone is able and willing to give a hand on how to approach this situation(or tell me what I am doing wrong) even in a broad manner, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Oakland24; Mar 31, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Oakland24
First Time Post here so please have mercy. I am looking to make positive contributions to the forum. Please don't hesitate to correct or guide me in anyway you deem helpful. I understand this is not the place to ask for handouts but I think asking for help from those willing to provide it may lead to a better overall understanding of the subject for me, and therefore increase my ability to help others on the forum.

I have found a RT fare from C1w to C5 on red triangles airlines for a very reasonable fare of $647 for this Fall, but there is still $386 of YR remaining on the ticket that I have been unable to remove with several 3x's(that I have seen work on other flights). Fare rules permit EoE travel. Being a newbie, I am sure there is something I am missing. But that is why I have gathered the courage to ask for guidance.

If anyone is able and willing to give a hand on how to approach this situation(or tell me what I am doing wrong) even in a broad manner, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Have you read the page before the one we're on?
You really shouldn't code the question, because you severely reduce your chances of getting help from the masters.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by kimore
C1e - Bollywood RT 395 a/i peak summer dates. Kudos to others that have posted excellent lower fares. This was the best I could find for my dates in summer.
Hi I'm trying to book Montreal to Nepal, Bangkok back to Montreal for the summer. YR/YQ is 460.

Does what I quoted mean that someone found two flights (near eachother) in india that cause a fuel dump at 395$?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by zaddymczad
Hi I'm trying to book Montreal to Nepal, Bangkok back to Montreal for the summer. YR/YQ is 460.

Does what I quoted mean that someone found two flights (near eachother) in india that cause a fuel dump at 395$?
Looks like the fare just repriced... Had put a $372 fare on hold and now jumped to $800+. Grrrr! 😡
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:12 am
Log

I have a newbie question:

Theoretically, if I find a good fare with a 3x, and it's available via both an OTA and a major airline's website, is there any strong preference which to book?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:16 am
Log

And another newbie question:

If there are two separate 3x, one within the alliance of the dumped fare, and one outside the alliance, is there any strong preference for one over the other? The one within the alliance is slightly cheaper.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:58 am

Usually 3x is in the same alliance. I think dump in this same alliance is the better looking one.

Last edited by mateusz232; Apr 1, 2016 at 3:17 am
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:59 am

I'm new to this all Apologies in advance.

When the Cowboys go to play at Westminster, latter in the foolish month. I believe they're playing during the midweek madness (3x)..... £588 OTA (getting £1000+ otherwise).

Not even sure if this is FD, might just be cheap fare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.