Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:52 am

fco-mia r/t
tk bf 9€ 6 dec-9 jan yr 392 bc=w

can do something?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by redinapoli
can do something?
... perhaps read the fare rules?...

END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH TK FARES WITHIN
TURKEY OR BETWEEN TURKEY AND CYPRUS. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS NOT PERMITTED.
Then estimate yourself what chance is that TK made an error filing their own YQ rules. Answer: there is little chance (self-dump happens sometimes with TK) but I would not count on it...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:08 am

Lyrical fare rule of the day:

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN
AREA 3.
NOTE -
NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN MUC
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by man4business
C2w-C3 RT 71 eur ai (hint: scheme as C2-C6) ... many more opportunities
I have C3 - C2 O/W for $68 aud

Very interested in alternate routes though, anymore clues?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
How does "END-ON-END COMBINATIONS" matter for dumping? What dies it mean ?
Yes, MasterGeek, very good question.

For Conventional Fuel Dumping, when a 1x or 3x flight is added to the itinerary, the one-way fare of that 1x/3x is added end-on-end to the fare construction.

1x changes the ORIGIN of the itinerary while 3x changes the final DESTINATION.

While there is a fare increase by adding the one-way fare end-on-end, there MIGHT be a larger amount of Fuel Surcharge decrease since your trip is now coming from (1x) or going to (3x) a new location that might have lower Fuel Surcharges.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Good info. thanks !

And what is "unconventional" fuel dumping ? any examples
Dear MasterGeek, another great question.^

Non-Conventional fuel dumping is when the lowered fuel surcharge comes as a result of changing the Validating Carrier.

In the airline industry, while carriers may agree to ticket for each other, they do not always agree to collect (or allow the others to collect) fuel surcharges FOR the other airline.

The result might be a drastic drop of fuel surcharge in your ticket since it is not collected.

Sorry, I cannot provide examples here without violating the new TOS. But generally speaking, when blogs like SF or F4F find a fantastic Error Fare, you can suspect it is due to non-conventional fuel dumping.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:48 am

Then estimate yourself what chance is that TK made an error filing their own YQ rules. Answer: there is little chance (self-dump happens sometimes with TK) but I would not count on it...
man i've read fare rules but tk is very hard to fd....
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:40 pm

sorry but what you are writing is wrong.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by jorun
sorry but what you are writing is wrong.
I found this "interesting" bf as well from city of love, but as a beginner, i do not know how to get a better deal !
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:39 pm

guys is there something from c2 to C4b? thanks
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by luftair
C2-C4B 300€
but I have yet to learn
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by luftair
A quick look - 155€
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:16 am

Every day that passes, increasingly sensitive information is gifted to those who have no appreciation of it. All the noobs getting into bed with self-proclaimed messiahs should wonder what will happen to the tricks they discover, and all the hard work they invest, should the attention seekers of the world decide they need a new audience. I ask the noobs around who are hungry to learn this hobby if they would be ok with this? Would you be happy to have a trick that you regularly fly be exposed by a third party who has no respect for the information you provided them? The barriers around this sport are not to keep newcomers out, rather it is to ensure that those in possession of sensitive info treat it with the respect that it deserves.

Caveat emptor my friends. There have been many false prophets before.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: LA Emerald, GA Gold, TK E+
Originally Posted by burito
A quick look - 155€
But this construction need a well prepared travel planning.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by QEternity
Every day that passes, increasingly sensitive information is gifted to those who have no appreciation of it. All the noobs getting into bed with self-proclaimed messiahs should wonder what will happen to the tricks they discover, and all the hard work they invest, should the attention seekers of the world decide they need a new audience. I ask the noobs around who are hungry to learn this hobby if they would be ok with this? Would you be happy to have a trick that you regularly fly be exposed by a third party who has no respect for the information you provided them? The barriers around this sport are not to keep newcomers out, rather it is to ensure that those in possession of sensitive info treat it with the respect that it deserves.

Caveat emptor my friends. There have been many false prophets before.
Hear Hear! Someone gotit quite a lot from the noobs of a few years ago....now all that is being served on all on a silver platter to today's noobs (nonconcur MDE airline with African) without any respect to the previous batch.....that's going to happen;rinse and repeat....if you are not careful your discoveries and jewels will be shared to tomorrow's noobs or published in an e-book?....You will have no-one to blame but yourself! It's happened to the best of us....so be warned....are you just the latest pawn in the noob army?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.