Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by jorun
Have you also informed about the c2-c6 rt under 205€?
It seems that also your favorite chewingum is available (little bit more expensive).

Just to clarify I wrote in this way to let you understand that it is something new and not the usual c2-c6 rt trip. I gave also an hint. Good hunt and don't send pm.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jorun
understand that it is something new...
It was you who had been teaching me (and others) about not bringing "further attention on the post", wasn't it? And what we have now? You cannot resist public debate with WWE? If you need it, write him PM. We all know it is "new" and available at substantially sub-200 euro price. One post was enough and now it has been repeated over and over again. I can tell you that it *has* impact on people who would not find it but now they are greatly encouraged...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC, AAdvantage, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Timidocvl
C1-C2 1world for <$250 (but don't combine the German one); some interesting non-stop routes

Yes - it can be had for less if you are more adventurous.
Any hints on the trick? 1X/3X? And which region is the X factor in? I am fairly new, and I have only ever been able to dump *A.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Hi guys,

Just a quick question with some regard to FD'ing:

I have booked a 1x dumped itinerary on US carrier (first time FD, if it works it's nice, if it doesn't I'll take my loss). Generally I have a habit of giving feedback about my flights via email to the airline, as I feel there is always something to improve. Sometimes this lands me a couple of miles. My question is if in the FD case described above it is deemed safe to contact the airline with feedback (if applicable) after having completed all segments (apart from the 1x ofcourse)? Or should I just stick to the principle of 'no contact'?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tobitronics
Hi guys,

I have booked a 1x dumped itinerary on US carrier (first time FD, if it works it's nice, if it doesn't I'll take my loss). Generally I have a habit of giving feedback about my flights via email to the airline, as I feel there is always something to improve. Sometimes this lands me a couple of miles. My question is if in the FD case described above it is deemed safe to contact the airline with feedback (if applicable) after having completed all segments (apart from the 1x ofcourse)? Or should I just stick to the principle of 'no contact'?

Thanks in advance
Always always no contact. I would say a perfect fuel dump is where the only contact you have with the airline is the person scanning your ticket to get on the plane.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by QEternity
Great to see this hobby being ruined by those who don't ever fly and want to shout from the rooftops, and those who broker for profit.

This fight will have no winners, just losers.
+1
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum, Aeroplan
Which "C" is Hawaii ?

Also, I'm not a blogger or anything. Please just tell me how to get a cheap flight from C1n to Hawaii with FD, and I won't tell anyone else.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by InstantElite
Also, I'm not a blogger or anything. Please just tell me how to get a cheap flight from C1n to Hawaii with FD, and I won't tell anyone else.
Scroll the page to the top and please, kindly, read this: This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by fuyao
I never get it why people ask for dates, you can look up all basefares for 1 city pair combination for the entire year with 1 request. Then you can find the correct date yourself.
How do you make such request ?

thanks
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:47 pm

How do you make such request ?
For example by subscribing to expert flyer (5 days trial account). "Fare Information" and you type in what you want.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

YOU should not even ask..

Originally Posted by keneshhagard
Always always no contact. I would say a perfect fuel dump is where the only contact you have with the airline is the person scanning your ticket to get on the plane.
The above is a true statement..

Which "C" is Hawaii ?

Thanks
The best way to get a cheap flight..is to shop around. Works for me.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 4, 2016 at 1:47 am Reason: Remove deleted post and response.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:44 pm

First post on the forum after a bit of study. Hopefully its a helpful one for someone on here in time for Xmas:

C3 - C2 RT Nov-Dec under $800 AUD with lots of fat to trim
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)

I have booked a 1x dumped itinerary on US carrier (first time FD, if it works it's nice, if it doesn't I'll take my loss). Generally I have a habit of giving feedback about my flights via email to the airline, as I feel there is always something to improve. Sometimes this lands me a couple of miles. My question is if in the FD case described above it is deemed safe to contact the airline with feedback...?
Reminds me of the Bible student who finally raises his hand and asks the teacher, "Thank you for such clear lessons. I have learnt so much and understood everything. There is just one point of confusion left, if you'd be kind enough to clarify: Just whose father was Mary?"

See what it says at the top of every page: "Do not call the airlines under any conditions!"

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 3, 2016 at 9:20 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by chintanshah123
Any hints on the trick? 1X/3X? And which region is the X factor in? I am fairly new, and I have only ever been able to dump *A.
The overall construction is very similar to what WWE has published many months ago (maybe a year? not even that). His price was far better - and my construction are more practical (I generally like more practical constructions even if not the absolutely best price).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by man4business
It was you who had been teaching me (and others) about not bringing "further attention on the post", wasn't it? And what we have now? You cannot resist public debate with WWE? If you need it, write him PM. We all know it is "new" and available at substantially sub-200 euro price. One post was enough and now it has been repeated over and over again. I can tell you that it *has* impact on people who would not find it but now they are greatly encouraged...

I was trying to explain you that he are talking about TWO different deals and you misunderstood my deal. I want to clarify that I'm not exposing anything. So I'm saying that even if someone quote 20 times my post I'm not exposing any "expert tricks" etc...
the unlucky thing is that we was talking about the same "continents" but I added a sentence in my deal to let you understand that the deal are "different".

I posted my deal to share it and the encourage people to find it. Don't worry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.