Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Ok, I see that my post inspired you to find a saving of 38€. That should be enough to split a lunch if we meet. Cheers.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
C2-c4 124,70 €
1x or 3x?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:58 am

Ok, I see that my post inspired you to find a saving of 38€. That should be enough to split a lunch if we meet. Cheers.
I don't like the defeat
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by jorun
I don't like the defeat
What defeat? As long as FDing works, we are all winners.

Now if you (or anyone else) can still do a significant FD on C1-C3 OneWorld, plz pm me. They have been slipping thru fingers. I can do *A but prefer OW.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA LH
Now if you (or anyone else) can still do a significant FD on C1-C3 OneWorld, plz pm me. They have been slipping thru fingers. I can do *A but prefer OW.

I agree. I would ask him if the1X is skippable or if the positioning flight is far away.That is what is important.
I bought this exact deal for 121 based on a posting I saw. It now seems deleted. It had all details including a nice 1X which is not too far away from my house. No problems at check-in.

Last edited by KamikazePilot; Aug 31, 2016 at 2:01 am
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktchi View Post

KamikazePilot
Programs: BA LH
I agree. I would ask him if the1X is skippable or if the positioning flight is far away.That is what is important.
I bought this exact deal for 121 based on a posting I saw. It now seems deleted. It had all details including a nice 1X which is not too far away from my house. No problems at check-in.
I am actually on a ship crossing the Adriatic to Italy right now. That is where his itinerary starts.

There is a physical prohibitive reason why he did not see the ( Italians Have it good ) posting to which you referred and why he is incapable of answering your questions now.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 31, 2016 at 7:57 am Reason: Got interrupted during last message.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by aerodark
but the BFs on basically all of these are always so high!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by drdestiny
but the BFs on basically all of these are always so high!
Yeah, you gotta wait for a flash sale in business or something...a month or two ago UA slashed the BF on P fares by 50%...it lasted for a few weeks.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:17 am

. . .
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:20 am

c2c (Schnitzel) - C3 (land of Nabhi) *A with dessert $336
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Posheidon
c2c (Schnitzel) - C3 (land of Nabhi) *A with dessert $336
starting from about 264 eur ($294)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Originally Posted by jorun
112€
185 EUR here
But that's with a BIG detour in full fare (!) booking classes via some other cities in both directions, adding +- 7000 miles to the roundtrip itinerary

Last edited by fbruno; Sep 1, 2016 at 6:41 am
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by man4business
starting from about 264 eur ($294)
Lowest I got is 312€, still better then regular price. any clues to lower it?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:50 am

Hate blogs. They only kill this thing and do not teach anyone anything. For the sake of their petty cents.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:40 am

A few OTAS forget quite a bit, if you combine plane and rail in the arrival country after a non stop flight to europe from a desert country...

The o/w is appr. 286 €

Have fun with it.

Ps.: I`m not sure, what the OTAs forget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.