Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: DL ✈️
@jorun is your fare C1-C2 or C2-C1?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: DL ✈️
I don't think revealing which direction it was would have hurted the trick. Vice-versa can be dumped as well. Found it. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by tomasdev
I don't think revealing which direction it was would have hurted the trick. Vice-versa can be dumped as well. Found it. Thanks!

Good for you! If you find my same price just send me a pm and I will glad to confirm you if it is the same.

P.S.
I was joking with my previously post. Someone hate me in this FT thread LOL.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BA:Gold; IHG: Platinum;
Originally Posted by jorun
I was joking with my previously post. Someone hate me in this FT thread LOL.
"Jokes" like this aren't appreciated, jorun, in what's difficult enough for many of us anyway.

However, I did find the following as a result:

£138.72 ai for each RT C2-C1 with wide open availability until April for 3 non-stop TATL RT journeys. Not as good as many of you can manage, I know, but it works for me!

Not so cheap doing this in reverse starting from the US, however, where 3 TATL RT tickets come out at at $287.36 per RT

Last edited by chrislondon2; Oct 2, 2016 at 11:30 am
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, BA, SN, KL, IHG, HH, BW, CC
C2-C4 $216 ai from early 2017

(different from the ones discussed here in the past weeks)
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by chrislondon2
"Jokes" like this aren't appreciated, jorun, in what's difficult enough for many of us anyway.
Actually, if you recollect what geography lesson has taught you, it isnt a joke but rather a nice description of routing.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by tomasdev
@jorun is your fare C1-C2 or C2-C1?
Its crazy that you, a fellow New Yorker, have to run around in circles and wasting your time on something this simple.

Staying within the New Posting Rules:

Cn-Cn or an "In-Line" 1X Cn-C1 into Miami or New York metro airports in case you feel like flying the 1X followed by:
C1-C2
C1-C2
C1-C2
C1-C2

It has been around for quite awhile and been referred to in postings before.
As a matter of fact, I helped several people last week on this construction as well as informing a less frequent female poster in Sicily Italy about the existence of this deal.

If you are really intent on flying these, then PM me and I will tell you which the Four C1 airports are and which the > 6 C2 airports are.

However, before I disclose to you, you will need to convince me that you are indeed planning on personally flying and not as an agent or blogger.

I doubt anyone can plan 4 trips in advance with any degree of certainty.

Therefore you also need to know that you can also buy just single, double or triple one-ways with e single one-way as low as $ 54.18 All-in. In addition to what you have been told, you can also do free stop-over.

and there is an additional "little detail" you have not been told about.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 2, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Its crazy that you, a fellow New Yorker, have to run around in circles and wasting your time on something this simple.

Staying within the New Posting Rules:

Cn-Cn or an "In-Line" 1X Cn-C1 into Miami or New York metro airports in case you feel like flying the 1X followed by:
C1-C2
C1-C2
C1-C2
C1-C2

It has been around for quite awhile and been referred to in postings before.
As a matter of fact, I helped several people last week on this construction as well as informing a less frequent female poster in Sicily Italy about the existence of this deal.

If you are really intent on flying these, then PM me and I will tell you which the Four C1 airports are and which the > 6 C2 airports are.

However, before I disclose to you, you will need to convince me that you are indeed planning on personally flying and not as an agent or blogger.

I doubt anyone can plan 4 trips in advance with any degree of certainty.

Therefore you also need to know that you can also buy just single, double or triple one-ways with e single one-way as low as $ 54.18 All-in. In addition to what you have been told, you can also do free stop-over.

and there is an additional "little detail" you have not been told about.
Have you also informed about the c2-c6 rt under 205€?
It seems that also your favorite chewingum is available (little bit more expensive).
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:37 am

Yes, I am sorry for my bad English. I didn't have intent to reply in close direction to the original post, but what I just found that some posts are missing, also which were dated after the thread reopening. For example there was a post including sentence about discussing that in more details via PM. Is that forbidden?

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 3, 2016 at 9:10 am Reason: Remove deleted quote
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by l0rd
Yes, I am sorry for my bad English. I didn't have intent to reply in close direction to the original post, but what I just found that some posts are missing, also which were dated after the thread reopening. For example there was a post including sentence about discussing that in more details via PM. Is that forbidden?
The guy who posted that clearly has no interest in contributing anything here. He just wants to recruit people from this thread to follow him to his "hidden underground group". Per TOS this is strictly forbidden and does harm the communinty here @FT. Violating these rules in an unteachable manner results in a permant suspension from FT.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:11 am

Great to see this hobby being ruined by those who don't ever fly and want to shout from the rooftops, and those who broker for profit.

This fight will have no winners, just losers.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Mateuszz
Topic comeback, great!
197 USD for C2-C6 RT ai
Nice constructive work from you.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 3, 2016 at 10:44 am Reason: Remove deleted quote and response
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Accidentally reposted message.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
C1-C2 1world for <$250 (but don't combine the German one); some interesting non-stop routes

Yes - it can be had for less if you are more adventurous.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Gicanu_rob,

Welcome to the Trick-it thread.

I would strongly suggest that you re-read this previous, very helpful post from the forum moderators.
I would then suggest that you edit your current post accordingly as it is currently in violation of the stated terms.

There is much more that can be learned in this forum than the current room in which you are a member.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Message from the Mileage Run Forum Moderator Team:

While we initially believed that some of the information that was recently posted in this thread was posted in good faith, trying to help out other fellow FlyerTalkers while adding some valuable information, and while we believe that it is not the moderators’ duty to engage in some form of censorship, some new information has been provided to the forum’s moderators that has led us to take a different stance.

Apparently the primary purpose of the recent posting of said information was not to add value to FlyerTalk, but rather to cause unrest in the forum which violates the FlyerTalk TOS ("disruptive behaviour“).

Since we moderators do not want to engage in any form of censorship, it has become apparent that we need to set clear rules for any "Trick It"-related posts in the future. From what we understand, the majority of the regular users here do prefer "coding" their knowledge, and we will set this as a clear requirement for any "Trick It"-related post in the future.

If you do not want the moderators to engage in activities that some might see as a form of censorship, it will be up to you to properly phrase your posts so that there will not be any need to remove your post. If your post fails to adhere to these standards, then the moderators reserve the right to remove it – not because we want to censor anything, but because we want to keep the community spirit alive. If you see a post that does not adhere to the new posting rules, please report the post to all moderators by using the Report Bad Post button located in the left hand column indicated by an Exclamation Point in a red circle.

That being said, the community spirit has to go both ways. We were also made aware of the fact that certain users might be misusing the Mileage Run forum and especially this thread for commercial purposes, including but not limited to the sale of information.

We want this to be a community where members help each other, so if someone abuses this thread for commercial (or similar) solicitations (and this includes Private Messages which might be reported to the moderators), then we will not hesitate to issue a permanent ban.

You may consider this an official warning.

The Mileage Run Moderator Team
Jpdx, rcs85551, 18sas, Pat89339

Below are the new posting rules for the Trick It Thread. They will also be posted as a Sticky in the Discussion Forum and in the first post of this thread.

Rules of Posting in the Trick It Thread:
1. Adhere to these rules or your post will be deleted without comment.
2. The current naming convention of this thread is as follows:
C1 = North America
C1.5 = Caribbean, Central America and Mexico including Bermuda and Bahamas
C2 = Europe
C2.5 = Middle East, including Israel and Egypt
C3 = Asia
C4 = South America
C4a = Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
C4b = Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, Surinam, Guyana, Paraguay and Uruguay
C5 = Africa
C6 = Australia, New Zealand, and the Oceania range

Directional additions such as n, s, e, and w are allowed to narrow an area.

The naming convention created by Raffles Longhaul is also acceptable.

3. Code any “tricks”.
4. Do not post screenshots of your “tricks” or outside links to images of any sort.
5. Do not code your questions. No one will be able to answer them.
6. Violation of these rules will subject you to discipline.
7. Review FlyerTalk Rules 7, 10, 12, and 18 of the FlyerTalk Rules prior to posting. You can find the Rules here: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 3, 2016 at 10:35 am Reason: Remove deleted quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.