Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Andrewdwayne
I'm located in Atlanta, thanks.

Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight ATL-LHR-JNB *Long layovers ~1600 USD for 4915 MQDs in a longish weekend
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - PM
I've been waiting on clinching Platinum to post here, didn't want to get ahead of myself. Here I am, first post! Long time lurker.

Thank you everyone for your contributions, which made me bookmark these forums, hope I'll be helping others some day. For now, if anyone wants to look out for me, I greatly appreciate it.

Departure Airport: LAS, although PHX, SAN, LAX, DEN all wouldn't be awful. I visit family in DC occasionally, so WAS would probably work too. Same with FLL/MIA.
Miles Needed: 37k MQM/$13,000, please don't judge me, I got here mostly through rollovers and card spend, but I do love traveling, and have the budget to make this work assuming 3(ish)MQD/$1 spend
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $5000 would be great, down to eat it in 2 trips to minimize time spent collecting the miles (although getting to see sights is great), or more trips to check out more places
Available Travel Dates: Any outside of 7/28-8/5, 9/8-9/20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Wish I knew what this meant

Thanks again any/everyone! Sorry my first post isn't to contribute.

Last edited by Megatron24; Jun 26, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
Mileage Run Help Needed from SEA/PDX/SFO

Thanks to corporate travel, I hit max MQD with delta, need about 80k MQM miles only to reach Diamond, looking for quick and easy weekend trips to earn MQM, can someone pls help?

Departure Airport: SEA/PDX/SFO
Miles Needed: 80K MQM
Required Spend or Budget: no required spend as I maxed out on MQD but budget is 3k to get 80k miles
Available Travel Dates: anytime after July

N/A

Last edited by WinSea; Jun 26, 2022 at 1:33 pm Reason: Edi
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Megatron24
I've been waiting on clinching Platinum to post here, didn't want to get ahead of myself. Here I am, first post! Long time lurker.

Thank you everyone for your contributions, which made me bookmark these forums, hope I'll be helping others some day. For now, if anyone wants to look out for me, I greatly appreciate it.

Departure Airport: LAS, although PHX, SAN, LAX, DEN all wouldn't be awful. I visit family in DC occasionally, so WAS would probably work too. Same with FLL/MIA.
Miles Needed: 37k MQM/$13,000, please don't judge me, I got here mostly through rollovers and card spend, but I do love traveling, and have the budget to make this work assuming 3(ish)MQD/$1 spend
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $5000 would be great, down to eat it in 2 trips to minimize time spent collecting the miles (although getting to see sights is great), or more trips to check out more places
Available Travel Dates: Any outside of 7/28-8/5, 9/8-9/20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Wish I knew what this meant

Thanks again any/everyone! Sorry my first post isn't to contribute.
The challenge will most likely be the MQDs.

You can knock off all the MQM requirements and most of the MQD requirement with two LAS-JNB runs on Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight class). Each trip would earn about $5400 MQDs and 27,000 MQMs. The remaining $2200 or so can be done with a TIJ - X AeroMexico run. see post

e.g. both August 13 - 15 and August 20 - 22 (back to LAS on 23rd) are available for $1413. Use Virgin Atlantic flexible date search for desired dates

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jun 26, 2022 at 2:24 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - PM
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
The challenge will most likely be the MQDs.

You can knock off all the MQM requirements and most of the MQD requirement with two LAS-JNB runs on Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight class). Each trip would earn about $5400 MQDs and 27,000 MQMs. The remaining $2200 or so can be done with a TIJ - X AeroMexico run.

e.g. both August 13 - 15 and August 20 - 22 (back to LAS on 23rd) are available for $1413. Use Virgin Atlantic flexible date search for desired dates
Amazing. Thank you for your kindness. I will book at least one of these and either a second, or the AeroMexico Lima or Tijuana runs. I should hit the remaining $2200 with travel I’ve booked over the listed dates above where I’d be busy. Really appreciate you!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM
31000 MQMs and $1355 MQDs for Platinum

Departure Airport: TPA, MCO or MIA
Miles Needed: 31000 MQMs and $1355 MQDs for Delta Platinum for spouse and child
Required Spend or Budget: $2500 for each person
Available Travel Dates: Any (prefer until August 22 or during labor day or thanksgiving or christmas season)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by ksdelta
Departure Airport: TPA, MCO or MIA
Miles Needed: 31000 MQMs and $1355 MQDs for Delta Platinum for spouse and child
Required Spend or Budget: $2500 for each person
Available Travel Dates: Any (prefer until August 22 or during labor day or thanksgiving or christmas season)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam
Unfortunately, summer and Christmas travel isn't usually the cheapest.

You could do a MIA-JNB run on Virgin Atlantic (economy delight class) that would earn you 25,000 MQMs and $5000 MQDs. Pick up the remaining MQMs with a Hawaii or Alaska run.

e.g. November 25-27 for $1421. There is a 14hr layover in LHR on the outbound

July 4 - TPA - LIH for $751

Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:17 pm

Need help for MQM for Delta

Thanks to corporate travel, I hit max MQD with delta, need about 80k MQM miles only to reach Diamond, looking for quick and easy weekend trips to earn MQM, can someone pls help?

Required Spend or Budget: no required spend as I maxed out on MQD but budget is 3k to get 80k miles
N/A
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by WinSea

N/A
I suspect that you will probably need to up your budget. At $3k for 80K miles, you are looking at 3.75cpm which is pretty aggressive in the current environment.

An option for you is the Virgin Atlantic SEA-LHR-JNB run in economy delight which gets you about 25,000 MQMs. August 27 - 29 is available for $1434. Check the Virgin Atlantic flexible date search for other dates.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by sau54
Thank you! I'm ok with immediate turnaround or even stay a few days at a destination. I need to requalify for hotel status anyways. I'm ok with economy or even premium seats provided the CPM is competitive. I rather not have to do repositioning flights unless I have to. I kind of did that in Europe earlier this year to take advantage of an intra-European flight deal. A bit of a hassle and not something I would consider doing unless it was worth it.
Virgin Atlantic from SEA - JNB might be an option if you are willing to re-position to Seattle. Gets about 25,000 MQMs. Currently, prices as low as $1434 (USD)

Another option is YVR-SIN via Europe on Air France / KLM.

e.g. October 14 - 17, $1580 CAD, about 23,000 MQMs. Use ITA Matrix to find dates
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
I suspect that you will probably need to up your budget. At $3k for 80K miles, you are looking at 3.75cpm which is pretty aggressive in the current environment.

An option for you is the Virgin Atlantic SEA-LHR-JNB run in economy delight which gets you about 25,000 MQMs. August 27 - 29 is available for $1434. Check the Virgin Atlantic flexible date search for other dates.
Thank you so much, I think the budget can up to 5k, I am more interested learning my options other than the JNB option. any other suggestions? Assuming SEA-JNB can give me around 25000 MBM, I will need at least 3 of them to hit 80k
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by WinSea
Thank you so much, I think the budget can up to 5k, I am more interested learning my options other than the JNB option. any other suggestions? Assuming SEA-JNB can give me around 25000 MBM, I will need at least 3 of them to hit 80k
Right now, there are not that many options in economy. JNB is about as far as away from SEA as it goes right now. For reference, an around the world flight SEA-AMS-SIN-ICN-SEA is about 19,500 miles.

Singapore via Europe. see the note I posted about that from YVR.

Once China relaxes its travel restrictions then look at China Eastern to SIN, MLE, SYD, AKL.

If you want to earn more MQMs, then you can go up to business / first class with higher earnings for the same distance flown. Check out the Premium Fare Deals forum If you can reposition to BCN then check out this deal which gets you 33,000 MQMs for $1400.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jun 27, 2022 at 11:07 am Reason: added a reference and link to premium fare deal
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
$7,000 MQD ex PHL

Departure Airport: PHL (could do NYC, ABE, or WAS)
Miles Needed: None
Required Spend or Budget: <$2,000. Could do up to $3,000 (a tiny bit more maybe)
Available Travel Dates: ANYTIME except October - 1st week of November (ideally a long weekend in conjunction with a US holiday - who am I kidding &#128512
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares are fine (is Saudia safe for gay people?)
  • I need about $7K MQD to hit platinum.
  • Ideally would prefer to stay below $2K. Can go up to $3K (maybe a tiny bit more).
  • Would prefer business or premium economy.
  • Short trip duration, if possible (out and back is ideal). I don’t mind making a few days into a mini vacation though.
  • I have a (currently totally useless) Chinese Visa
  • Month of October and first week of November are out of the question (maximum panic time for the Disney W&D Half).

Many thanks!

Last edited by jimrpa; Jul 1, 2022 at 12:13 pm
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Departure Airport: PHL (could do NYC, ABE, or WAS)
Miles Needed: None
Required Spend or Budget: <$2,000. Could do up to $3,000 (a tiny bit more maybe)
Available Travel Dates: ANYTIME except October - 1st week of November (ideally a long weekend in conjunction with a US holiday - who am I kidding &#128512
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares are fine (is Saudia safe for gay people?)
  • I need about $7K MQD to hit platinum.
  • Ideally would prefer to stay below $2K. Can go up to $3K (maybe a tiny bit more).
  • Would prefer business or premium economy.
  • Short trip duration, if possible (out and back is ideal). I don’t mind making a few days into a mini vacation though.
  • I have a (currently totally useless) Chinese Visa
  • Month of October and first week of November are out of the question (maximum panic time for the Disney W&D Half).

Many thanks!
Saudia is a bad option because they only give 20% of distance as MQDs.

Aeromexico Tijuana routes such as those that I've shared earlier in this thread could give some 2000 MQDs per pop but you really need is a long haul...

This thread recommends Virgin Economy Delight ( 34 or 36 inch regular economy seats) to South Africa as you get 25% of Distance or some 5000 MQDs in a weekend, Y+ gives 30% and lately been pricing pretty high relative to Y...

Sometimes Y+ shows up on Google Flights at an attractive price but usually with DL codes which don't help at all ..

Perhaps a Y+ trip to Spain and then grab a South America Aeromexivo fare ..
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:51 am

50,000 MQM and 3500 MQD needed

Hi All - thanks for all you do on this forum! This would be my first time doing a mileage run so your help is greatly appreciated. I’ve browsed the forum a few times and it seems like the JFK-LHR-JNB route is a popular one. To get to my level of MQM, I would need at least 3 trips to make it work. Any other ideas to shorten the amount of trips required? How about one of the Asian Airlines (ie Korean)? Wouldn’t mind a delish meal in between flights!

Departure Airport: NYC (jfk, lga, ewr)
Miles Needed: 50,000 MQM and $3,500 MQD for diamond status
Required Spend or Budget: $3,000
Available Travel Dates: ideally over long weekends (excluding thanksgiving and Xmas)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.