Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Nov 11, 21, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Select, Marriott Gold, Caesar’s Diamond, Hertz PC

Google Flights Link

There is availability on surrounding days too. This is very similar to the PMI-GRU or MAD-GRU flight that was available earlier. You can't book directly with Aeromexico unfortunately and you'll need to use a third party booking tool (Amex Travel had the flight available)

My specific ticket that I bought was BCN-AMS-MEX-GRU-MEX-AMS-BCN with all segments in I class for an estimated 33,338 MQM and $8890.40 MQD earned on Delta.

Edit: Also, at least one leg across the Atlantic will be in KLM or AF Business and your connecting flights from BCN to/from AMS/CDG will be AF and KLM intra European business but still I class fares with the same Delta 150% MQM and 40% MQD earning rate
gotmilk8 and advisorytoptop like this.

Last edited by Airborne Brat; Nov 11, 21 at 1:13 pm Reason: Clarifying differences between this and previous AM deal.
Old Nov 12, 21, 10:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hi, this fare has been alive for almost 2 years and has been discussed here many times in many threads. I just posted it how it can be booked on AM website in af/kl forum for mileage runs. Thanks for heads up, it never hurts tho.
Old Nov 12, 21, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS G100K, UA MM, DL MM
Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Hi, this fare has been alive for almost 2 years and has been discussed here many times in many threads. I just posted it how it can be booked on AM website in af/kl forum for mileage runs. Thanks for heads up, it never hurts tho.
A link, please? Cannot find.
Old Nov 15, 21, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Thanks ... with your suggestion of multi-city, I was able to book easily on AM website. All my long segments are on AM though I am flying through CDG (was looking to get AF on at least one trans-Atlantic segment).
Combining with SAT-BCN (also easily booked on AM website) to get my DL Diamond MQDs locked up by Feb 1
DCAhome likes this.

Last edited by MarkCron; Nov 15, 21 at 10:42 am
Old Nov 15, 21, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by MarkCron View Post
Thanks ... with your suggestion of multi-city, I was able to book easily on AM website. All my long segments are on AM though I am flying through CDG (was looking to get AF on at least one trans-Atlantic segment).
Combining with SAT-BCN (also easily booked on AM website) to get my DL Diamond MQDs locked up by Feb 1
If you want to book it once again in future, EURO site with € payment is cheaper than US dollars.
Old Jan 1, 22, 8:06 am

Did anyone do this in Dec? Or anyone doing this in Jan?
I have scheduled in 3 weeks. And I am just wondering if I need covid test in addition to my vaccination proof to enter Brazil?
So any recent experiences would be welcome.
Old Jan 1, 22, 8:09 am

I have scheduled in 3 weeks. And I am just wondering if I need covid test in addition to my vaccination proof to enter Brazil?
2. Passengers must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point. The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- This does not apply to:
- nationals and residents of Brazil;
- passengers younger than 12 years;
- passengers with a letter issued by a doctor proving that the passenger is medically unable to receive the vaccine. The letter must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
3. Passengers entering or transiting through Brazil must have:
- a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
- a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 24 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- This does not apply to:
- passengers younger than 2 years;
- passengers younger than 12 years and traveling accompanied by a companion. The companion must have a negative antigen or RT-PCR test result;
- passengers with two positive COVID-19 RT-PCR tests. The tests must be taken at least 14 days apart and the second test at most 72 hours before departure; and
- a negative or non-detectable COVID-19 antigen test taken after the last positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test; and
- a COVID-19 recovery certificate in English, Portuguese or Spanish showing that they are asymptomatic and fit to fly. The certificate must show the travel date.

You definitely need a test in addition to your proof of vaccination
MarkCron likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 9:10 am

Hi, I am flying on 26th JAN. I believed I need PCR so antigen only is good and welcomed news.
Old Jan 1, 22, 9:33 am

Hi, I am flying on 26th JAN. I believed I need PCR so antigen only is good and welcomed news.
Maybe I will see you ....
I am on 1/26 AF1549, AM 4 (CDG-MEX), and 1/27 AM 16 (MEX-GRU).
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 10:30 am

Maybe I will see you ....
I am on 1/26 AF1549, AM 4 (CDG-MEX), and 1/27 AM 16 (MEX-GRU).
Then we are on the same flights
Old Jan 1, 22, 10:34 am

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Maybe I'll see you both 747jetter MarkCron on the way back with AM GRU-CDG on the 30.01 and then AF MEX-CDG on the 30.01
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 11:43 am

Yall gonna have fun at the MEX immigration line

**** Show International Transit in MEX
Old Jan 1, 22, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by hdanh00 View Post

Thanks, that is something to look forward to, lol.
My MEX connections are 3:45, 5:50, 6:30, and 4:05, so hopefully will have no issues with long immigration lines (except maybe having to pee).
Old Jan 2, 22, 3:26 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, BAEC Sapphire, Hertz PC

I prefer to arrival in T1 on other airlines instead. The queues seems to be much shorter and I never waited longer then 30 minutes for immigration there. Maybe it's just my luck.
Old Jan 2, 22, 10:09 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is there any pay option for expedited/priority clearance?

Search this Thread